sharetrader
Page 53 of 1788 FirstFirst ... 343495051525354555657631031535531053 ... LastLast

That's true, although a share buy-back would take money out of the NZO coffers, whereas getting the ODs exercised will put it in. I think they will want the money in for upcoming exploration.

Default dr nita's analysis on the famous macdunk

dr nita has much experience with patients or victums in such circumstances. i have recently named the symtom as macdunkitis. this is the most serious of illnesses but is very easlily diagnosible. symptoms include....totally in denial....only talks about his own winners and never ever talks about his losers...blames everyone else for a past screw up in a stocks.....shows extreme symptoms of a scorned lover of a stock who will seek revenge through spending half his life trying to figure ways on getting even.

Other bizarre traits of macdunkitis are....often wears a tartan dress with no panties....will always..always develop new trading systems but never ever sticks to his theories....last but not least will hang around agms eating as many sausage rolls as he can.

All is not lost... There is a very simple cure...suicide.

of course just poking you in the ribs macdunk. ya ol crusty tart nita
    Last edited by Nitaa; 18-10-2007 at 12:32 PM.

woah, that is harsh!
    hes harmless haha
    By the way - it's upside_down, not upside_umop

Advanced Member

I see the AA is asking the oil companies to hold off putting the price of petrol up until after Labour Weekend because it is going to be very busy.

What a laugh.

They should be asking the Govt to increase the price by $2 a litre. And Bush should do the same.

If we did that then people would start getting the message before its too late and the Govt could use the money to build some more dams.

I wonder how long it will take the market to appreciate the true worth of NZO.

The govt should look at cutting the petrol tax at these levels. They are laughing all the way to the bank.
    Having got ourselves into a debt-induced economic crisis, the only permanent way out is to reduce the debt – either directly by abolishing large slabs of it, or indirectly by inflating it away.

Default NZO True worth

Quote Originally Posted by bermuda View Post
    I wonder how long it will take the market to appreciate the true worth of NZO.
    Hi Bermuda
    I am kicking myself coz I sold out 90% of my holding at $1.05.
    Bought Pike
    What do you think is the true worth of nzo .
    I,m think about $1.20 - $1.30 right now
    Value your opion
    Cheers BB

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dr_Who View Post
    The govt should look at cutting the petrol tax at these levels. They are laughing all the way to the bank.
    Dr Who,

I think you have missed the message.

We need to reduce our dependence on fossil fuels and increase our sustainable energy options. A leap in petrol tax would assist in not only funding alternatives, especially hydro, but also reduce our fossil fuel consumption.

Trouble is the Govts of the world refuse to bite this bullet.

MMM

Quote Originally Posted by Dr_Who View Post
    Careful - that's almost heresy, and would first require comrades Cullen and Clark to loosen the purse strings. There are only 2 money flows with this government - in from the workers, business, GST etc, and out to the burgeoning public and welfare sectore (that includes working for families).

Interesting under this "regime" that someone earning just over $60K MUST be very well off (i.e. in the top tax bracket), but NEEDs support from Welfare (oops) Working for Families to raise a 2 child family (Working for Families goes up to $81K with 2 kids). What's even more ludicrous is that your can choose to have up to 6 kids and still get working for families up to a salary of (wait for it) a paltry $142,120 !!!

IMHO, chances of a cut in taxes (of ANY sort) will be about zilch, zip, nullah, ninch .... until, of course, just before the next round of bribery aka election.
    "Annual income twenty pounds, annual expenditure nineteen six, result happiness . Annual income twenty pounds, annual expenditure twenty pounds ought and six, result misery."

struggling to see how that relates to nzo, mate.

Spot on Bermuda,
    I walked to work today (note halo over my head) down East St in Hamilton. The street was jammed with vehicles waiting for movement at the intersection. As I walked, I counted the SUVs containing one mum and one child in school uniform. There were heaps - at one point there were 4 in a row. Plenty of room to reduce dependence on fossil fuel. I say increase fuel taxes and bring back trams.