sharetrader
Page 551 of 1792 FirstFirst ... 5145150154154754854955055155255355455556160165110511551 ... LastLast
Results 5,501 to 5,510 of 17912

Cool bring on the qtr results

New Zealand Oil & Gas Ltd has exploration acreage in New Zealand’s only hydrocarbon-producing region, the Taranaki Basin, and is actively looking for other opportunities in Taranaki, elsewhere in New Zealand and overseas......................
    "With a good perspective on history, we can have a better understanding of the past and present, and thus a clear vision of the future." — Carlos Slim Helu

An updated top 20 shareholder list on the website, with the treasury stock position removed. Since the list posted by "someone" last week I think it was with posityions as at 11th July, of the current top 20 holders 6 have not changed their holding, 3 have decreased (total -110,287), the other 11 have increased their positions (total + 3,202,426).

So the big holders, (even if many are nominees) aren't selling at these prices, they are accumulating..
    Last edited by Sehnsucht888; 29-07-2008 at 10:07 AM. Reason: found the date that the previous positions where from

Default Dividend policy - "A reasonable amount of profit"

given the stated policy - "A reasonable amount of profit after funding: operating costs, exploration, development etc will be paid as a dividend". I expect a 5 or 6c interim coming up & am looking forward to it.

I know many posters have theoretical problems with the ensuing lack of re-investment, but I think a dividend would:

1/ raise the share price and
    2/ make scrip bids cheaper
    3/ and encourage more investors to buy NZO creating sustained buying at which point we return to point 1/ above and this virtuous cycle continues until $2 is properly tested.

great, back to the dividend talk again!

all will be revealed in the up and coming...
    By the way - it's upside_down, not upside_umop

Default Dreams are free

Quote Originally Posted by dsurf View Post
    given the stated policy - "A reasonable amount of profit after funding: operating costs, exploration, development etc will be paid as a dividend". I expect a 5 or 6c interim coming up & am looking forward to it.

I know many posters have theoretical problems with the ensuing lack of re-investment, but I think a dividend would:

1/ raise the share price and
    2/ make scrip bids cheaper
    3/ and encourage more investors to buy NZO creating sustained buying at which point we return to point 1/ above and this virtuous cycle continues until $2 is properly tested.
    My stake in the ground is still 10c div. (Why? - a quick doodle with the abacus says 23c NPAT (incl royalites) if taking Tui as stand alone. So going on the assumption of a conservative div cover … 10c seems good).
    Ok - it's whacky accounting but it's a nice thought.

Default Investment opportunities

I dont believe that NOG will be looking too keenly at PPP ... although I stand to be corrected. NOG considers themselves to be an exploration company first,then development and lastly as a producer.

There is little opportunity to add value to PPP through NOGs inbuilt expertise. Same probably applies to TAP.

I believe they will be looking for fresh exploration then development firstly in Taranaki where they have the greatest knowledge and then slowly further afield.

zacman

Quote Originally Posted by bermuda View Post
    JB, I know what you mean but let's keep things simple. Too many companies go and get horribly confused. This is the strength of NZO in Taranaki. The addition of PPP maximizes it .

They have so much experience here. Stay where you know what's going on.
    I agree. NZO should to stick areas and drills the are familiar with and have a competitive advantage. Dont need to go wondering into the unknown and get lost.
    Having got ourselves into a debt-induced economic crisis, the only permanent way out is to reduce the debt – either directly by abolishing large slabs of it, or indirectly by inflating it away.

Banned

Go the Price of Oil .......

GO NZO !!!!

http://futures.tradingcharts.com/intraday/CL_/98

Corporate

Quote Originally Posted by zacman View Post
    I dont believe that NOG will be looking too keenly at PPP ... although I stand to be corrected. NOG considers themselves to be an exploration company first,then development and lastly as a producer.

There is little opportunity to add value to PPP through NOGs inbuilt expertise. Same probably applies to TAP.

I believe they will be looking for fresh exploration then development firstly in Taranaki where they have the greatest knowledge and then slowly further afield.

zacman
    With PPP you are obviously buying an undervalued producer. NZO know Tui, payback period would be low, the investment would eventually build more cash for more future drills.

Baby steps are required

Quote Originally Posted by shephejame View Post
    With PPP you are obviously buying an undervalued producer. NZO know Tui, payback period would be low, the investment would eventually build more cash for more future drills.

Baby steps are required
    I still think PPP is a dead duck for a takeover by NZO (although i hold both). Simple reasons are, nzo sold ppp last year perhaps mainly for required cash. Secondly AT will have a very good idea of the true value of PPP and since he holds a sizable chunk he is not going to let it go at a discount unless there was other incentives for him.

Perhaps most importantly even if NZO were interested in PPP, at what price do you think they can secure it for?

Possibly the best assets could be in the permits.