sharetrader
Page 558 of 1794 FirstFirst ... 5845850854855455555655755855956056156256860865810581558 ... LastLast
Results 5,571 to 5,580 of 17939

Quote Originally Posted by trackers View Post
    Sounds like an investment statement to me (loosely translated to "we have no idea what we're doing with it at this stage"). Not complaining as such, just would have been nice to have had more of an indication of what the plan is, rather than BAU
    That is just a rehash of a previosly stated position (apart from the "were not gambling with your money statement"). Activities reports state what has happened - not what is going to happen.

I think that "we have no idea what we're doing with it at this stage" is too harsh - we have been informed that they have been actively seeking and analysing investment options.

I do agree with you that an outline of where to next would be great, but as that info is undoubtely commercially sensitive I would imagine that either the AGM or an announcement post deal will be the next we hear of NZO's plans going forward.
    Last edited by Chalice; 31-07-2008 at 10:53 AM.

Can we also expect a strong report from PPP?

Advanced Member

one would like to think so they should release their report at start of trading on the asx
    Time is a great teacher, but unfortunately it kills all its pupils

With 2008 earnings of $234m, and 383m shares, the EPS is now 61c
    With Tui production for 2009 year now likely to be 9m barrels its still looking good for next financial year, and then Kupe kicks in for the next financial year.
    Plus all the interest being earned from $280m in the bank on top.

dont confuse earnings with revenue...grrr
    By the way - it's upside_down, not upside_umop

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by upside_umop View Post
    dont confuse earnings with revenue...grrr
    Good point upside-umop,and i will keep them seperate.
    I think i really am entitled to some bragging rights now that the finanical year end monies are reported. Got it right on two accounts. Some 7 or 8 months ago said our revenue would top 200 million for this finanical year and for the calander year 2008 would top 300 million. At the time it looked a bit over the top but there it is for all to see. Also said that the revenue for 08/09 would not drop nearly as much as first projected.Now tui has been upgraded from 6 million to 9 million.I first said this about 6 months ago.Yes today is pay off day for me on my forward planning projections,however before i pi-ss off too many with my bragging i had better sign off that subject.
    Hang on also remember no div just now as too close to options exercise,so got it right count three. Count four will be when div is announced about end of sept,and if not i would say the desire to empire build is becoming more important than the interest of shareholders.
    digger

Advanced Member

Maybe they can now afford to put on more sausage rolls at the agm.

There was plenty of superb food (inc sausage rolls) at last years AGM at the Intercontential, my son & I had a great feed!

Revenue reported in stuff as well.

http://www.stuff.co.nz/4638247a13.html

and again there is Mr Salisbury's comment ..

"This includes looking beyond New Zealand, as the opportunities currently
    available here are too few to confidently satisfy our growth targets"

is in there. This is about the millionth hint that they WILL buy something overseas. And the more I think about it - the inevitibility increases - no drilling till 2009 at least - and NZ is a small pond for quarter of a billion in cash sitting about AND the comment that it's all in short term deposits.

Watch that space.

Looking forward to the AGM - I live for sausage rolls.

In that report it also mentions full year financials will be out by end August so not long to wait

Maybe they could give us all a specimen jar full of oil at the AGM, as a souvenir.