sharetrader
Page 577 of 1792 FirstFirst ... 7747752756757357457557657757857958058158762767710771577 ... LastLast
Results 5,761 to 5,770 of 17912
    Advanced Member

[QUOTE=shasta;217429]Actually Fish, with the company tax rate now 30%, those on the 33% & 39% tax rate are at a disadvantage when receiving a dividend.

Good point -but at least the imputation credits are paid out now rather than depreciating for sometime in the future
    ?Re 50% dividend policy-if that was true I would be very happy and the sp would be much higher
    From the website-Q: Does New Zealand Oil & Gas Ltd pay a dividend?
    New Zealand Oil & Gas Ltd paid a 5c per share dividend in April 2008.

The current dividend policy is that in future years, subject to the need to retain sufficient capital to meet investment requirements, a reasonable proportion of profit will be distributed by way of an annual dividend.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nita View Post
    Well said.

Biggest risk at present is commodity prices. Having said that, nzo i trading at a sigificant discount with nzo and its shareholders are well positioned right now.
    Hi Nita,
    We are not dealing with commodities.

Oil, a Precious Finite Resource

Bermuda.. whenever i write the word commodity i think of you Bermuda just like when i think of anything in the sexual nature i think of md. Yes you are right it is precious and what has taken zillion of years to make will largely be used in a matter of 3 centuries.

ps. hows the golf treating you? and guess what.. miner is back.....here we go again no doubt

Advanced Member

Bermuda.. whenever i write the word commodity i think of you Bermuda just like when i think of anything in the sexual nature i think of md. Yes you are right it is precious and what has taken zillion of years to make will largely be used in a matter of 3 centuries.

ps. hows the golf treating you? and guess what.. miner is back.....here we go again no doubt
    Hi Nita,
    I have never been so nervous about the stock market in my life. NZO and Pike will survive but it may knock my CSG's. Hopefully BG will save it. It will have it's day again.

As for the golf..hopeless....nearly broke my wrist falling down the stairs in my slippery slippers. Out to 85.

I think my wife saw your sexy pose and wondered if this was indeed an oil chat site.

bermuda-I have never been so nervous about the stock market in my life
    Huuummmmm....
    This is the most important line on the NZO thread for quite some time.....

fundamentals (and espeically delayed development projects) become less significant in the current market cycle...
    there important ideas unfolding before us which are undelayed....
    rising markets make me nervous.... if I saw north of 12K Dow, I will be prepared to jump from a race car at top speed....

for example,
    Ive perhaps spotted the best Spec oiler ive ever seen which stacks up like no other, left right, center, top, bottom, inbetween, NW, NE, SW, SE...it should perform with DOW at 9k and barrels rolling out the door at $90 US... still I think that markets wont give a savaloy if this company is cashed up or not...
    baggers to be made left right and center in the oil game...
    but perhaps not....

Greed is what will bring us all down as we struggle to sell beautiful stocks...
    If we chase (no brainer) fundamentals we will eventaully get caught out...

Im starting to wonder if value means anything...?
    ive bounced on out before, ive seen what markets have done... im hoping for stable falls... If I see any sort of rally I will sell up and bouce on out.......
    The biggest threat is markets rising...
    not markets falling...

I personally think we have 2 months before us imortals must move out,......and 1 month before us illiqid immortals must start selling....
    in a meltdown, options will become worthless...
    Ive never experienced this sort of thing, but from what others have putforward- this topic should not be ignored...

.^sc
    BITCOIN certified rat poop. NSA created, Expensive to send, slow, can only trade on cex, no autonomy, spaghetti code, has been hacked, accidental Backdoor brc20s whoops, no one building on it, alienated all cryptos against it, volume is fake, few whales control large supply... it will perform though

Guru

And oil is down to $115.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by 777 View Post
    And oil is down to $115.
    and us/nz is 70 cents
    therefore if Tapis= 120 us =$170nz a barrel-much higher than the average for last year
    1.125 million barrels predicted for 08/09 financial year=191 million gross income from tui -plus a bit from prc and kupe plus higher prices obtained last month and nzo should have gross revenues over $200 million
    Nearly forgot-the interest compounding on $300 million in the bank-?around $25 million

I see GPG are accumulating a war chest and after the sale of tower could easily take nzo out.
    Somehow I dont see the sp falling much farther .
    Last edited by fish; 09-08-2008 at 10:59 AM. Reason: income not profit

HUGE OIL AND GAS FIELD OFF COAST

A massive oil and gas field worth tens of billions of dollars may be sitting 65km of the coast from Dunedin.

Australian Company Origin Energy has announced plans to drill a US$50m exploration well within a year but is looking for partners to join what it says is a "high risk" and expensive project.

The above is part of an article in todays Timaru Herald, if you were Origin and looking for a partner, where would you go knocking first ???

Now lets see, who has a whole lot of cash looking for a home ????

foodee.

I have never been a dividend freak as i like to concentrate on co's with good growth prospects as well of course being able to fund the growth. nzo is an exception and beleive that divvies are going to be an annual event from now on for 15 or so years. I am not sure when co's normally announce but i guess when the annual report comes out is when it will be announced subject to a possible special dividend.

IMO the ones who are woried about the current sp are the ones who are looking to make a quick buck. However most medium to long term investors are ultimately only worried about what the sell at. What happens in between is largely irrelevant.

Investors whether its sharemarket or property largely dont give a toot what the short term does because they know that time is on their side. If you are a longer term holder then keep your finger off the sell button (even if nzo drops to $1.20 or so) and remember why you bought into nzo in the first place.

Short term what is happening is oil prices have dropped from close to $150 to under $120 (20% drop) along with negative sentiments in the global markets. Of course short term this is impacting among many other contributing factors.

The very big investors will be waiting for the (as dm calls it) the road kill where they will mop up grossly undervalued companies. There is plenty of opportunities at present and in simple terms compnies tied up to tui represent unbeleivable value. PPP and AWE offer great buying opportunities even if oil drops to around $70. Remember what AT bought ppp for last year and what price oil was. Not a lot has changed accpet oil prices are a lot higher now and reserves have increased by nearly 100% and production is going far better than expected. I hope that puts things into perspective

I might be stating the obvious but that my opinion anyway.
    Nita
    See post #5983. I am greedy and is after both growth and 'some' div.

Growth is sine qua non with investment.

Div put food on the table.

cheers