sharetrader
Page 585 of 1792 FirstFirst ... 8548553557558158258358458558658758858959563568510851585 ... LastLast
Results 5,841 to 5,850 of 17913

Quote Originally Posted by Chalice View Post
    I don't think so - if holding/leveraging only NZO then selling part below 1.50 wont help at all - it will infact be counterproductive.
    Exactly, by depressing the price it will simply trigger the next margin call.

Quote Originally Posted by sideline View Post
    Exactly, by depressing the price it will simply trigger the next margin call.
    I should have actually stated "selling below buffer margin price would be counterproductive" as it would actually increase your leverage i.e. 5% buffer = 142.5 so selling at 142 would actually require further cash rather as any selldown would further increase leverage.
    Last edited by Chalice; 13-08-2008 at 02:44 PM.

Question

I'm sure that there's a multitude of reasons for people to sell but one could choose to be pro-active and quit a parcel somewhat ahead of a margin call, thus providing an increased buffer, as well as funds for a possible buy-back. Just speculating -----
    "The opposite of courage is conformity" - Rollo May

“Those who make peaceful change impossible, make violent change inevitable.” - John F. Kennedy

My advice is be watching from the sidelines, looking to buy back in again when NZO has stopped falling and started to rise again. In the meantime, "staunch" holders are giving their profits back to the market.
    Thanks for the charts and the delineation of TA Phaedras.

To be honest I didn't have a good enough look at the volume, and accept that you must be right as you are analyzing the situation day by day. I am aware that a stock can come under "distribution", as punters get out "en masse" when sentiment turns sour.

Personally, I prefer to weather the storm, but in saying that, I agree there are opportunities for those that sold early to re-enter when market sentiment turns.

Quote Originally Posted by Rabbi View Post
    Personally, I prefer to weather the storm, but in saying that, I agree there are opportunities for those that sold early to re-enter when market sentiment turns.
    I was planning to do the same until I saw the US dollar and realised that it was one and the same move. To hold oil now is to fight Ben Bernanke and his anti-inflation efforts...and Ben is a tough fellow.

Looking at those ozzie oilers with greed, the POO doesn't need to be $130, it can be $100 and they will still do great. It just has to stop falling.
    Disclaimer: Do not take my posts seriously. They are only opinions.

AMR has sold all shares and is pursuing property.

hahaa...
    hey mackdunk, phaedrus...
    I can see almost every aussie oiler is falling, apart from one...
    later you cats...

.^sc
    BITCOIN certified rat poop. NSA created, Expensive to send, slow, can only trade on cex, no autonomy, spaghetti code, has been hacked, accidental Backdoor brc20s whoops, no one building on it, alienated all cryptos against it, volume is fake, few whales control large supply... it will perform though

Yep Shrewdie - good old RRS lol

That company does not count...
    Range principal activities, "taker of money"...
    company activities involve hiding money so shareholders never see it again...

.^sc
    BITCOIN certified rat poop. NSA created, Expensive to send, slow, can only trade on cex, no autonomy, spaghetti code, has been hacked, accidental Backdoor brc20s whoops, no one building on it, alienated all cryptos against it, volume is fake, few whales control large supply... it will perform though

Quote Originally Posted by pietrade View Post
    I'm sure that there's a multitude of reasons for people to sell but one could choose to be pro-active and quit a parcel somewhat ahead of a margin call, thus providing an increased buffer, as well as funds for a possible buy-back. Just speculating -----
    Yeah. good call mate.

Hedge funds and short traders are having an impact on all oilers and commodity stocks, including NZO and PRC. Sentiment has taken over fundamentals.
    Having got ourselves into a debt-induced economic crisis, the only permanent way out is to reduce the debt – either directly by abolishing large slabs of it, or indirectly by inflating it away.