sharetrader
Page 591 of 1792 FirstFirst ... 9149154158158758858959059159259359459560164169110911591 ... LastLast
Results 5,901 to 5,910 of 17913

Quote Originally Posted by Casa del Energia View Post
    Upshot - no new big discoveries since 1964.
    Not quite true . . . quote from Wikipedia . . .

Cantarell Field or Cantarell Complex is the largest oil field in Mexico and one of the largest in the world. It was discovered in 1976 by a fisherman, Rudesindo Cantarell. In November 2006 Pemex reported that Cantarell has produced 11,492 million barrels of oil

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cantarell_Field The field produced up to 2 million barrels a day, second only to Ghawar, but despite huge injection of nitrogen gas, production has peaked (red rag word to you, McD??) and is now in steep decline.

I'm in the peak oil camp - it just has to be, wait and see.

Quote Originally Posted by Lion View Post
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cantarell_Field The field produced up to 2 million barrels a day, second only to Ghawar, but despite huge injection of nitrogen gas, production has peaked (red rag word to you, McD??) and is now in steep decline.

I'm in the peak oil camp - it just has to be, wait and see.
    Brazil has discovered a large field recently but the most important fact is that since the 1980's, the world has discovered less oil than it has consumed every year.

Quote Originally Posted by Lion View Post
    Not quite true . . . quote from Wikipedia . . .

Cantarell Field or Cantarell Complex is the largest oil field in Mexico and one of the largest in the world. It was discovered in 1976 by a fisherman, Rudesindo Cantarell. In November 2006 Pemex reported that Cantarell has produced 11,492 million barrels of oil
    Discovered by a fisherman...brings back distant memories of the classic Beverly Hillbillies TV show when Jed Clampert fires his rifle, the bullet hits the ground and up bursts a gusher,oil that is...black gold.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by fish View Post
    I am not sure what you are worried about
    all sharebrokers predictions I have ever seen have undervalued the current return on tui -production is higher than predicted and oil price in nz dollars is higher than predicted.
    In worse case scenarios I value nzo above current sp . The most likely scenario double and the best case multiples
    Sorry Fish, I was being ever so slightly facesous (sp)!! It was more that broker valuations in my experience are almost always the kiss of death............

Advanced Member

strong recommendation from Warren Head this morning on tv3-pointed out his calculations on nzo income is up-falling exchange rate has more than compensated for drop in oil price .
    His favorite stock !

Not that all this info hasnt been available on this thread .
    Hopefully will encourage more to buy and make those selling at such a deep discount reconsider .

It seems to me that many cannot get their head beyond the falling oil price . This is more of a plus to nzo at this stage ( if you are looking to buy in ).

Later ,when china restarts mass imports oil we will see poo doing well

Quote Originally Posted by fish View Post
    I am not sure what you are worried about
    all sharebrokers predictions I have ever seen have undervalued the current return on tui -production is higher than predicted and oil price in nz dollars is higher than predicted.
    In worse case scenarios I value nzo above current sp . The most likely scenario double and the best case multiples
    Have you seen the returns for the sharebrokers top 5 picks for this year? They are all in the negatives.. LOL

If the brokers have a buy on NZO, must be time to sell. LOL

...and Maddunks theory that China will stuff up the US economy by hiking up oil is total BS. China and the US are inter-related. They both have huge investments in each other's economy. It is in the best interest of both parties to see that their investments do well.
    Last edited by Dr_Who; 15-08-2008 at 09:47 AM.
    Having got ourselves into a debt-induced economic crisis, the only permanent way out is to reduce the debt – either directly by abolishing large slabs of it, or indirectly by inflating it away.

Advanced Member

I take it the good doctor has returned back from the future with his prediction. The easy way for China to be number one is take America out by wrecking its economy. The way to do that is control resources by buying companies up, or doing deals as they are doing at the moment. The price of oil will reach $200 a barrel next year DOC what do you say about that?. What happens to the NZO share price then in a crashing market?.
    Will NZO be the shining light in the market with all its profits or will it downtrend. Macdunk

Quote Originally Posted by Dr_Who View Post
    Have you seen the returns for the sharebrokers top 5 picks for this year? They are all in the negatives.. LOL

If the brokers have a buy on NZO, must be time to sell. LOL

...and Maddunks theory that China will stuff up the US economy by hiking up oil is total BS. China and the US are inter-related. They both have huge investments in each other's economy. It is in the best interest of both parties to see that their investments do well.
    I have a feeling that since the decks were cleared earlier in the week we may just see the SP move up over the coming weeks.

Absolute total nonsense China will try to wreck America.
    Last edited by Chalice; 15-08-2008 at 10:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by duncan macgregor View Post
    I take it the good doctor has returned back from the future with his prediction. The easy way for China to be number one is take America out by wrecking its economy. The way to do that is control resources by buying companies up, or doing deals as they are doing at the moment. The price of oil will reach $200 a barrel next year DOC what do you say about that?. What happens to the NZO share price then in a crashing market?.
    Will NZO be the shining light in the market with all its profits or will it downtrend. Macdunk
    Na mate. This conspiracy theory of China wanting to destroy America is just pure fantasy. China needs US funds and US consumers. Why would you want to kill off your best customers that buys over 30% off your goods and funds your capital expansion? Also, China has invested large amount of funds in the US by buying their debt and the Chinese Yuan is pegged to the $US. It is in the best interest for both China and US to see a mutual and beneficial relationship.

I agree and can see oil moving up again once it bottoms and we should get used to living with high oil prices. Human being are quite flexible and will get used to high oil prices. We will (in the long term) develop alternatives and learn to live with substitutes. The world wont end and we will still live on the way we've always had.
    Last edited by Dr_Who; 15-08-2008 at 10:16 AM.
    Having got ourselves into a debt-induced economic crisis, the only permanent way out is to reduce the debt – either directly by abolishing large slabs of it, or indirectly by inflating it away.