sharetrader
Page 595 of 1791 FirstFirst ... 9549554558559159259359459559659759859960564569510951595 ... LastLast
Results 5,941 to 5,950 of 17910

Default Spoke too soon

Quote Originally Posted by Bilo View Post
    AWE share price staging a recovery on gob stopping results announced today, with Tui's star turn.
    kiwi pessimists to the fore on NZO as usual despite oil looking likely to break 110 to 120 trading range with the slightest provocation.
    Maybe things will get cracking again.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by Casa del Energia View Post
    Maybe things will get cracking again.
    NZO will be plus 170 this time next week. ( My Birthday ! )

Corporate

Quote Originally Posted by bermuda View Post

Haha bermuda, basis for this?

Advanced Member

NZO had good support at +/- $1.52. Now that that has been broken, it would not be unreasonable to expect some resistance at that level.
    Then there is the matter of previous resistance at around $1.66 to be overcome.
    $1.70 by next week seems optimistic - I hope you are getting something else for your birthday Bermuda! You could get lucky I suppose - at $1.50 currently, NZO is at least heading in the right direction.

Advanced Member

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by shephejame View Post
    Haha bermuda, basis for this?
    Bermuda is almost right but his timing is wrong. The price of oil will skyrocket in a few weeks time. PRC will hit that coal seam at about that time so i expect Bermuda will be a bit to early with his timing. The rise in NZO sp will be short lived as it will follow the market down into recession. Hows that for a prediction guys thats how i see it panning out glad to be out the market looking at all you brave punters trying to make an honest quid. Macdunk

Advanced Member

Have a look at AWE this morning. Up 15% when I made the above post. Terrific profit news which is what is going to hit the NZX for NZO next Friday. That equates to about 22.5 cents extra to NZO. i.e. $1.72.5. And NZO is more specifically tied to Tui than AWE in the whole context.

Sooner or later NZO flies. It is only the marginally stretched and tall poppy loppers that are keeping it down.

And we still have Kupe and Pike ready to add BIG revenues.

So not too hard to see where NZO goes after the AWE result. Elementary my dear Watson.

Right on Bermuda,

With AWE touting Tieke as an oil field and Phase-III development of the Tui area under way there is a clearly a lot of upside about to be reported by NZO. I'm a bit concerned at AWE's choice of symbols though - slide 8 reports that on some days the Tui field produces 40,000 barrels whiel on others it sucks it back down again.

Guru

Have a look at AWE this morning. Up 15% when I made the above post. Terrific profit news which is what is going to hit the NZX for NZO next Friday. That equates to about 22.5 cents extra to NZO. i.e. $1.72.5. And NZO is more specifically tied to Tui than AWE in the whole context.

Sooner or later NZO flies. It is only the marginally stretched and tall poppy loppers that are keeping it down.

And we still have Kupe and Pike ready to add BIG revenues.

So not too hard to see where NZO goes after the AWE result. Elementary my dear Watson.
    Awe earnings 58cent a share profit after tax..and nothing for its suffering shareholders who have seen a 33% drop in their shares in the last 2 months including todays 7.7% rise. The miserable sods.

NZO and PPP dividends??? Don't hold your breath after seeing what AWE has done.
    Last edited by Hoop; 22-08-2008 at 04:10 PM. Reason: edit 50 cents to 58

Advanced Member

Though hoop the difference is ppp doesnt have any other financial commitments ( apart from maitland which it has 10 % ) and NZO only has Kupe and pike i mean they cant spend money on drills if they cant get the drills in the first place. AWE has many projects it has to sink money into and both PPP and NZO have a higher leverage from TUI compared to market cap than AWE. Hence both could be in a position not only where they can afford a dividend but have limited financial comitments and hence can reasonably be expected to pay a dividend.
    Time is a great teacher, but unfortunately it kills all its pupils

Quote Originally Posted by Hoop View Post
    Awe earnings 58cent a share profit after tax..and nothing for its suffering shareholders who have seen a 33% drop in their shares in the last 2 months including todays 7.7% rise. The miserable sods.

NZO and PPP dividends??? Don't hold your breath after seeing what AWE has done.
    I agree they really haven't served small investors - well they did serve it to them really.

AWE has aspirations to grandeur and expectations from institutional shareholders to continue its incredible growth rate. The ASX oiler scene is all about trading for profit and institutional placements.

NZO should and I expect does have a much more NZ stakeholder friendly and conservative position. The NZ tax situation is very different - expect NZO to be payinf lots less than PPP or AWE. I expect another dividend.