sharetrader
Page 598 of 1791 FirstFirst ... 9849854858859459559659759859960060160260864869810981598 ... LastLast
Results 5,971 to 5,980 of 17909

One more request, Phaedrus. How about the POO in $NZ?

The POO seems to be negatively correlated with the $US but if the market was rational it would be more closely correlated with POO in $NZ.

TIA

Quote Originally Posted by geezy View Post
    Now that the olympics are over, macd, when exactly is the price of oil hitting 200 a barrel and the market crumbles?
    geezy - the regular Olympics are over, but China is still imposing car restrictions etc until the Special Olympics are finsihed - and thats 4 weeks away. So still some time before China fully rasmps up.

[QUOTE=Phaedrus;219888]This chart shows relative performance expressed as percentage gain starting as from the beginning of the NZSX50 Index.

The results you get from charts like this vary a lot depending on the chosen start date. The next two charts show how much this can affect the comparitive relationship between NZO and Oil.

Thanks for the charts Phaedrus, great to have info presented visually.

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by Snapper View Post
    One more request, Phaedrus. How about the POO in $NZ?

The POO seems to be negatively correlated with the $US but if the market was rational it would be more closely correlated with POO in $NZ.

TIA
    Snapper
    Alas fear and greed, the market drivers, are emotions and have little to do with market fundamentals
    T

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by bermuda View Post
    NZO will be plus 170 this time next week. ( My Birthday ! )
    It is now Tuesday afternoon. For those that want to make a tidy killing on Friday when the huge annual result comes out, then I suggest you buy now.

I dont trade but will be watching with interest. This is the result all Noggers dreamed of years ago. Millions and millions.

It is now Tuesday afternoon. For those that want to make a tidy killing on Friday when the huge annual result comes out, then I suggest you buy now.

I dont trade but will be watching with interest. This is the result all Noggers dreamed of years ago. Millions and millions.
    I am expecting sort of the same. I dont trade myself so am prepared to sit and hold.

Agreed that the result will be something between ginormous and positively indecent, but not much will happen to the share price until the analysts have had drinkies with each other. About Tuesday for any significant move.

Some good stuff in "New Scientist" recently on how social interactions are a more important generator of price moves than genuine news.

Happy Birthday.

Mx

Yep agree, time to go long. Despite us all knowing its going to be huge I would expect 5-15c jump on friday. Excluding the effect of any news on an extra divi or on the use of capital.

I am in.

Advanced Member

Snapper, here is Oil $NX vs $US plus the exchange rate plus NZO. NZO shareprice is more closely linked with the Oil price in $NZ.
    Isn't this exactly what you would expect?

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by Phaedrus View Post
    Snapper, here is Oil $NX vs $US plus the exchange rate plus NZO. NZO shareprice is more closely linked with the Oil price in $NZ.
    Isn't this exactly what you would expect?

Thanks for the fascinating insight provided by the graphs .
    It seems from these it is almost as if the sp of nzo is dictated by external factors-price of oil and exchange rate rather than internal factors-such as rate of production of tui and the prospects for prc and kupe . Fundamentally the internal factors are for more profound-eg tui is producing twice that expected.

nz dollar has had a big fall tonight-down to 69 cents-if sustained overnight sp should rise tomorrow. Rise today could be due to expectation of outstanding result on friday .
    Maybe a double whammy pushing up prices tomorrow
    Bermuda has an uncanny record of being right in his predictions .