sharetrader
Page 627 of 1791 FirstFirst ... 12752757761762362462562662762862963063163767772711271627 ... LastLast
Results 6,261 to 6,270 of 17910
    Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by bermuda View Post
    Does anyone know whether a stop loss can save you in a low volume falling market?
    If the stock is illiquid enough, nothing will save you. You are, in effect, stuck with them - come what may.

Quote Originally Posted by bermuda View Post
    Hi Drone,
    Stop Loss. Let's say someone had 1000k of NZO on a stop loss of 140 cents. That doesnt gaurantee you will get everything sold at 140 on a market falling on low volumes. I might be wrong.
    Yes B, medium sized stop orders getting triggered are what makes some of these market spikes happen.

If you had 1000k NZO with stop loss that triggered a market sell order, you would probably realise a much lower price because your order will be dumped without consideration of market depth.
    Disclaimer: Do not take my posts seriously. They are only opinions.

AMR has sold all shares and is pursuing property.

Quote Originally Posted by Nita View Post
    let the dust settle. any share buy back now will simply give people an easy exit. it wont be creating medium or long term value for the company
    Nita, it would be adding value as the DCF at this stokc price relies on oil below $40 barrel. Like I said, they could announce a buy back and hedge part of their oil production, essentially guaranteeing value to shareholders. The only thing is, they wouldnt snap up enough shares to make it worth while....

Heres a start, at least its in the company constitution.

Was the competition on here?

I believe NZO will take out PPP for around $50 million AUD net. (Ie $160-$170 million)...
    Last edited by upside_umop; 18-09-2008 at 05:33 PM. Reason: Constitution
    By the way - it's upside_down, not upside_umop

Advanced Member

Default Drop in POO is likely temporary and fortuitous

NZO is currently looking at how best to spend our treasure trove .
    This is well known and they have much to choose from-drilling rigs will become available at cheaper prices-as will buy-ins .
    We have been lucky with timing .
    The market is fueled by fear but I cannot see what an nzo holder has to fear-especially if we can get digger on the board.
    Am currently planning to spend dividend ,s from telecom ,cen and nzo -and at current prices believe its best spent on topping up with nzo .

Quote Originally Posted by joey View Post
    Or be a party pooper, or rain on anyones parade. Has any of you nzo traders/investors considered what would happen in a world recession to the price of oil? It would go down very quickly. Why do I think this? Because I have seen this happen in the 1970's. Gold at the time went to $US850 approximately, which in real terms is about $US2000. The United states of America is now in a recession. Bermuda, have you run the forecasts you are making on the nzo returns or the Pike River Company, if the world goes into recession? China alone cannot be a driver of the world economy if the USA "hits the wall". China's GDP is one eighth of the USA!

All I am saying is this share has a risk factor associated with the price of oil. I think the price of oil is the next bubble to burst. It's a stock for the day traders/traders!

You new investors, think very carefully of how much risk you are willing to take.

NZO is a great stock to trade if you know what you are doing. It is definately not a stock for beginners!

Anyway that's my opinion.

disc. ANZ, Platinum Int. Equities, Fisher Funds.

joey

The situation now is the game has changed. Resource stocks for the next, maybe two years will be in a bear market. Long term still a good bet. The problem for the traders on this thread is what do I do now if I have been playing the resources game when the game changes? If it is any help, what I am going to do, is wait to I see a Headline in a magazine like TIME or Newsweek that has THE DEATH OF EQUITIES! Then start buying aggressively the stocks I have been researching for the last six months.

That I feel is the way to play the current game!
    Bulls make money, bears make money, pigs get slaughtered!

The situation now is the game has changed. Resource stocks for the next, maybe two years will be in a bear market. Long term still a good bet. The problem for the traders on this thread is what do I do now if I have been playing the resources game when the game changes? If it is any help, what I am going to do, is wait to I see a Headline in a magazine like TIME or Newsweek that has THE DEATH OF EQUITIES! Then start buying aggressively the stocks I have been researching for the last six months.

That I feel is the way to play the current game!
    Fortunately at the moment I have a large cash holding, due to my wife accepting redundancy from her job. So I will wait to the moment is right to start buying equities. I feel at the moment I would like some money in gold and gold futures. It is both a protection from inflation and initially at least a protection from deflation.

Remember, inflation or deflation is usually a political decision, so I feel at the moment the world monetary authorities fear deflation more. The problem with this is they are sowing the next bubble! Which I would surmise will be an energy/green bubble!

Any way that's my opinion.

What do other posters feel will be the best way to go forwar in these very "choppy" markets?

joey.
    Last edited by joey; 18-09-2008 at 09:16 PM. Reason: spelling mistakes!
    Bulls make money, bears make money, pigs get slaughtered!

What do other posters feel will be the best way to go forwar in these very "choppy" markets?

kiwibank

Advanced Member

[QUOTE=joey;223952]Fortunately at the moment I have a large cash holding, due to my wife accepting redundancy from her job. So I will wait to the moment is right to start buying equities. I feel at the moment I would like some money in gold and gold futures. It is both a protection from inflation and initially at least a protection from deflation.

Remember, inflation or deflation is usually a political decision, so I feel at the moment the world monetary authorities fear deflation more. The problem with this is they are sowing the next bubble! Which I would surmise will be an energy/green bubble!

Any way that's my opinion.

Joey, It is an ill wind that does no good. Your wife's redundancy has come at a very opportune time. But remember what Phaedrus recommends. Buy on the up.
    Last edited by bermuda; 19-09-2008 at 11:55 PM.

Well I'm looking forward to getting my divi and going shopping in the sales!
    Not sure whether to go for more NZO, more PPP, more PRC, more VPE, or a bit of CUE!

Food for thought at http://www.edge.org/3rd_culture/tale...b08_index.html

A few big words I'd forgotten, and a few more I never knew.

The black swan analogy is a bit strange in a country where "all" swans are black, but the turkey analogy is compelling.
    Mx