sharetrader
Page 628 of 1792 FirstFirst ... 12852857861862462562662762862963063163263867872811281628 ... LastLast
Results 6,271 to 6,280 of 17911

Default NZO returns > kiwibank

Divvy day ladies and gents!

10c for the year net or 13ish gross. Not a bad return, sign of things to come

today should be a ripper, dow up, oil up, divvy record date.

heres hoping

Quote Originally Posted by Drone View Post
    Divvy day ladies and gents!

10c for the year net or 13ish gross. Not a bad return, sign of things to come
    I think gross is nearly 15c for the year (33% company tax), so net payout is 10c

So at the moment a gross yield of 10%pa, not bad.
    Although I'd rather like to see that yield lower, via an increased share price of course!
    Last edited by sideline; 19-09-2008 at 11:04 AM.

Default Defense is best form of attack

Quote Originally Posted by joey View Post
    Fortunately at the moment I have a large cash holding, due to my wife accepting redundancy from her job. So I will wait to the moment is right to start buying equities. I feel at the moment I would like some money in gold and gold futures. It is both a protection from inflation and initially at least a protection from deflation.

Remember, inflation or deflation is usually a political decision, so I feel at the moment the world monetary authorities fear deflation more. The problem with this is they are sowing the next bubble! Which I would surmise will be an energy/green bubble!

Any way that's my opinion.

What do other posters feel will be the best way to go forwar in these very "choppy" markets?

joey.
    Choppy is the word for it. Stay in your fox hole until the shells stop falling. As a parallel - I've no intention changing any positions probably for weeks(?) yet - at least until some direction is visible - - if NOG is still ultra cheap and especially if the 1000 bunker busters just purchased by a certain Mid East power looks like they are going to be used - - then NOG is probably the only game in town.

Meanwhile the piggy bank, emergency maples remain untouched.

NOG finishes the day at 137, with a 5c div means effectively 132.

And oil pushing back thru $99 tonight. Are we heading for McDunks $200 ?

Hey dont knock McDunk. he has his money out of the market and has been telling us all along about the crash thats coming. I think he is right in that it probably has even more to go.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by Naylz View Post
    Hey dont knock McDunk. he has his money out of the market and has been telling us all along about the crash thats coming. I think he is right in that it probably has even more to go.
    If you try and predict the market on average you will be right 50% of the time and wrong 50% of the time
    Mcdunk missed out on the big rise in nzo -I think he sold out at around a dollar for what seemed to be emotional reasons . I think 50% of his advice has been good .
    Fundamentally the world has run out of cheap oil and the price can be heavily influenced by countries that detest the US.The price will remain volatile which coupled with tough lending criteria will mitigate against investing in new discoveries
    Digger strongly believes the POO willl rise after the olympics are finally over and china starts massive importing of oil .
    I see POO as a 2 edged sword for NZO-a low price now and the assets nzo is looking to buy will be cheap . A high price will mean high demand for exploration and drilling rigs will be hard to come by .
    Whichever way nzo wins . Fundamentally nzo is very cheap and so I have been buying last 2 days and will (against common wisdom ) keep buying if nzo drops further . I prefer to buy low and sell high .

Quote Originally Posted by fish View Post
    If you try and predict the market on average you will be right 50% of the time and wrong 50% of the time
    well, that's just the toss of a fair coin - i.e. totally random without any predictive information whatsoever!

I see POO as a 2 edged sword for NZO-a low price now and the assets nzo is looking to buy will be cheap . A high price will mean high demand for exploration and drilling rigs will be hard to come by .
    Whichever way nzo wins . Fundamentally nzo is very cheap and so I have been buying last 2 days and will (against common wisdom ) keep buying if nzo drops further . I prefer to buy low and sell high .
    With a bit of luck they sign up the rig and any other contracts right now at the low point and THEN the
    POO rises......

Well, on a day when stock markets are showing unprecedented rises off recent lows due to a number of factors and oil is back over $100, NZO - on dividend day - closes at its low of $1.37. This week has been ridiculous. I really hope some rationality returns to the market in the next week! In the meantime I will enjoy my dividend.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by Anubis View Post
    Well, on a day when stock markets are showing unprecedented rises off recent lows due to a number of factors and oil is back over $100, NZO - on dividend day - closes at its low of $1.37. This week has been ridiculous. I really hope some rationality returns to the market in the next week! In the meantime I will enjoy my dividend.
    If you have the money then load up. Lots of screaming buys but this one has got big upside.....and safe.