sharetrader
Page 663 of 1791 FirstFirst ... 16356361365365966066166266366466566666767371376311631663 ... LastLast
Results 6,621 to 6,630 of 17909

Quote Originally Posted by reggid View Post
    Sideline are you sure with dividends it works that way.I had the impression that the dividend would be taxed on the year it was earned........
    Of course, the company pays income tax in the year the money is earned by NZO.
    However, we shareholders have to pay income tax on the dividend received in the financial year
    in which we receive the dividend - for this we receive imputation credits attached to the dividend.
    If tax rates are lower at the time the dividend is received, the same imputation credits will go further.

So, in a nutshell, make the payment dates April and October.

Guru

I see NZO were advertising for a Commercial Manager in the Sunday Star Times yesterday.

Obviously they couldn't afford McDunk.........

Default I'm not the sort guy to stay I warned you, way back.

Originally Posted by joey View Post
    Or be a party pooper, or rain on anyones parade. Has any of you nzo traders/investors considered what would happen in a world recession to the price of oil? It would go down very quickly. Why do I think this? Because I have seen this happen in the 1970's. Gold at the time went to $US850 approximately, which in real terms is about $US2000. The United states of America is now in a recession. Bermuda, have you run the forecasts you are making on the nzo returns or the Pike River Company, if the world goes into recession? China alone cannot be a driver of the world economy if the USA "hits the wall". China's GDP is one eighth of the USA!

All I am saying is this share has a risk factor associated with the price of oil. I think the price of oil is the next bubble to burst. It's a stock for the day traders/traders!

You new investors, think very carefully of how much risk you are willing to take.

NZO is a great stock to trade if you know what you are doing. It is definately not a stock for beginners!

Anyway that's my opinion.

joey

All I hope is not too many first time investors have been hurt badly?????
    Bulls make money, bears make money, pigs get slaughtered!

Quote Originally Posted by joey View Post
    Or be a party pooper, or rain on anyones parade. Has any of you nzo traders/investors considered what would happen in a world recession to the price of oil? It would go down very quickly. Why do I think this? Because I have seen this happen in the 1970's. Gold at the time went to $US850 approximately, which in real terms is about $US2000. The United states of America is now in a recession. Bermuda, have you run the forecasts you are making on the nzo returns or the Pike River Company, if the world goes into recession? China alone cannot be a driver of the world economy if the USA "hits the wall". China's GDP is one eighth of the USA!

All I am saying is this share has a risk factor associated with the price of oil. I think the price of oil is the next bubble to burst. It's a stock for the day traders/traders!

You new investors, think very carefully of how much risk you are willing to take.

NZO is a great stock to trade if you know what you are doing. It is definately not a stock for beginners!

joey

Joey

Whilst everyone keeps focussing on China, they are only 1 of 4 countries apart of BRIC (Brazil, Russia, India & China)...

Demand from China may slow, but the Indian's aren't too far behind...

Or be a party pooper, or rain on anyones parade. Has any of you nzo traders/investors considered what would happen in a world recession to the price of oil? It would go down very quickly ......................
    Yeah, right!

joey

a lot are basing everything on falling oil prices but not the nz$ compared to us$,why dont you base your value of nzo and pike @ $65 a barrell for oil and $125 a tonne for the coal then apply the exchange rate,and then come and tell me these stocks will suffer the most in a reccession,cause if that is the case our dollar will continue to drop regardless

Advanced Member

Default Looking positive at last

Overseas markets starting to rebound from being oversold
    NZO grossly oversold-I wonder if we will see a good bounce tomorrow !

Well Joey has been right actually...NZO is 80c off its peak.

Strong support between 95c and 110c, if it gets any lower the techies will scoop it up. Not to mention CPS per share of 93c was it?

I might buy when oil stops falling, but at this price I would say further downside very limited from a technical perspective (with the proviso that if 95c is breached decisively get the fock out.)
    Disclaimer: Do not take my posts seriously. They are only opinions.

AMR has sold all shares and is pursuing property.

Just re-read the notice for the AGM. Wow! - if you want to make money become a Director of NZO! I hope they tell us the plans for our war-chest before we get to vote another raise for them.

Default Dow up

Dow going "gangbusters" at the moment, up more than 500 points. If it closes at this level we might see some buyer interest on the NZX today.

Everything's undervalued with NZO and PRC at bargain basement prices
    ( I hope?)
    Last edited by Rabbi; 14-10-2008 at 06:17 AM.