sharetrader
Page 683 of 1791 FirstFirst ... 18358363367367968068168268368468568668769373378311831683 ... LastLast
Results 6,821 to 6,830 of 17909

Re the Canterbury basin permit, there is no infrastructure in the South Island to take up any gas. I would presume this would change if a big gas find did eventuate, and that would apply to the Great South Basin permits also.

Personally I would like to see NZO farmin to some overseas permits with elephant potential. OEL has some in the Phillipines and they are still looking for partners to drill them.

Bring on the excitement!

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nita View Post
    Nita picked up some more shares at $1.13 today. Fundamentally I brought with a medium to long term view. Willing to accpet plenty more volatility knowing that at present sp fundamentals are out the window.

On a negative side, oil still sliding and who knows where the bottom is short term.
    NITA Short term does not really matter for a long term investor who relies on a long term result. Looking back the NZO sp was higher five years ago even if you add the dividends to the sp. If you add the options at $1-50 then long term over the last five years has been great for the company, but a disaster for the shareholders.
    Looking forward medium term, the sp wont head north to high simply because without a drill there is very little thrill. The time to get back into NZO is when a new exciting project gets under way, which in this case is 2010. Some people have learned very little about investing during this down turn, and watched a profit position turn into a dead loss position. To get all worked up about what a company gets up to shows that the investor lets their heart rule their mind like some love sick teenager. To make money in this investing world, you must condition yourself to only think of your own position, not a companies. Macdunk

Odd, DOW up 10.88% last night, and all the NZO bidders over $1.15 have disappeared..... Normally the bidders would be over the previous close.
    Last edited by Sehnsucht888; 29-10-2008 at 09:26 AM.

Difficult to get a buy order in from the cream cake table at the AGM !!

Quote Originally Posted by duncan macgregor View Post
    NITA Short term does not really matter for a long term investor who relies on a long term result. Looking back the NZO sp was higher five years ago even if you add the dividends to the sp. If you add the options at $1-50 then long term over the last five years has been great for the company, but a disaster for the shareholders.
    Macdunk
    Hey Macca. Good to see you still hanging around. Sorry to inform you but the sp was under 40 cps this time 5 years ago.. Looking at the stockness monsterchart the sp has increased over 250% from this time 5 years ago. I have to say I understand why you struggle to make money out of this stock or any stock when you get your data so horribly wrong

Things to consider investing especially if you focus on charts.
    1/ Make sure your information is correct
    2/ look at the macro picture and not just 1 point of reference only.
    3/ never invest what you cannot afford to lose.

Those basics will hold you in good stead macca.

Your mate Nita...

Quote Originally Posted by blockhead View Post
    True, that could be why it has been quiet.
    Seemed ominous when there where some buys prior to 9AM when changes start to appear..

I think digger had fun at the AGM... I had to leave before the end unfortunately and will leave it to those who are better commincaters to comment on it...
    Last edited by Sehnsucht888; 29-10-2008 at 01:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by blockhead View Post
    Didn't see any cream cakes or sausage rolls at the AGM, however we did get a cute bottle of vintage Tui Oil. I did suggest on here months ago that it would be a nice gesture, maybe they read it. Maybe we will get the chunk of coal to go with it next year.

Quote Originally Posted by QOH View Post
    Didn't see any cream cakes or sausage rolls at the AGM, however we did get a cute bottle of vintage Tui Oil. I did suggest on here months ago that it would be a nice gesture, maybe they read it. Maybe we will get the chunk of coal to go with it next year.
    No mate
    Ya gotta be a Piker for that.
    BB

The results in the voting wasnt suprising. I am a little surpirised about the text that David Salisbury used when recomending the directors fees especially in light of recent econmic events. I cannot help but feel that TR is still calling the shots.

However I was not present at the AGM and I will be interested to get the feedback from shareholders who attended.

I had filled in my voting form before the meeting , but did cross another director off after I heard him speak.