sharetrader
Page 807 of 1792 FirstFirst ... 3077077577978038048058068078088098108118178579071307 ... LastLast
Results 8,061 to 8,070 of 17913
    Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by notie View Post
    So NZO has sat around on its hands with its treasure chest and missed the boat. Surprise surprise.

It isn't just the oilers saying this about nzo now.

Next thing to happen? NZO is likely to throw all its money into a lame duck company or farm in. I

nzo entered romania at the recent bottom of market - now they have to capitalise on that.

be mindfull that any bid may include known commercial oil and/or gas fields as well as exploration, thus a successful bid will puta dent in nzo pockets for the short term.

M

So NZO has sat around on its hands with its treasure chest and missed the boat. Surprise surprise.

It isn't just the oilers saying this about nzo now.

Next thing to happen? NZO is likely to throw all its money into a lame duck company or farm in. I
    Since when have the opportunities dried up?

We are still in a bear market & i'm afraid we aren't in the clear just yet

There's no knowing what the oil price will do short term, it may well go under $50/bbl again before we see $100/bbl

STO today mounted a 19.99% stand for ESG, why didn't they "jump" in 3 months ago?

Question

Quote Originally Posted by shasta View Post
    Since when have the opportunities dried up?

We are still in a bear market & i'm afraid we aren't in the clear just yet

There's no knowing what the oil price will do short term, it may well go under $50/bbl again before we see $100/bbl

STO today mounted a 19.99% stand for ESG, why didn't they "jump" in 3 months ago?
    now you are companying statoil with nzog-good joke dude.

Throwing some tea money at romania for a study group in my books doesn't count as a large scale investment. There are no bids on the table as yet and I doubt if nzog are going to put their cards down on this one, or anything anytime soon for that matter.....

you guys are so faithful to this lame duck

Advanced Member

now you are companying statoil with nzog-good joke dude.

Throwing some tea money at romania for a study group in my books doesn't count as a large scale investment. There are no bids on the table as yet and I doubt if nzog are going to put their cards down on this one, or anything anytime soon for that matter.....

you guys are so faithful to this lame duck
    Notie,
    I presume you are taking the 'p...' by referring to NZO as a lame duck company.

From what I can comprehend this company is going from strength to strength. What more do you want? You have Tui which has further prospects, you have a mainstream long term earner in Kupe, a coking coal mine about to produce at above IPO pricing , an investment in PPP which is looking pretty good...and a chance in Romania.

Where are you coming from? How many do you hold?

I would rate NZO as one of New Zealand's top companys.

Legend

Interesting comment from Notie. How much of the faith in NZO is due to unceasing shareholdings in a NZ exploration company that did struggle for years?

Well, I've just had a look at their website after losing interest in NZO for awhile. They must be in a fairly exciting position, and the site is terrific in terms of showing their story. Pity the SP isn't moving ahead in the way that it did in 2003-2004. Has their current position already been factored in by the market?

-elZorro-

Advanced Member

I think people are putting alot of emphasis on PRC and KUPE. The fact of the matter is TUI will provide more revenue than KUPE while KUPE will provide a long term revenue stream. The PRC investment is going to be sold you have to wonder what NZO is doing about replacing its reserves. Are people wondering what after TUI i mean NZO must surely have to find new reserves elsewhere though it looks as though they have done little about confronting this issue. NZO has alot of money the question has to be is NZO game enought to use it to increase shareholder value ?
    Time is a great teacher, but unfortunately it kills all its pupils

Quote Originally Posted by boysy View Post
    I think people are putting alot of emphasis on PRC and KUPE. The fact of the matter is TUI will provide more revenue than KUPE while KUPE will provide a long term revenue stream. The PRC investment is going to be sold you have to wonder what NZO is doing about replacing its reserves. Are people wondering what after TUI i mean NZO must surely have to find new reserves elsewhere though it looks as though they have done little about confronting this issue. NZO has alot of money the question has to be is NZO game enought to use it to increase shareholder value ?
    NZO have permits in & around the Tui field, makes sense to search around where you have found it before dont you think? (old gold miners theory).

NZO have some prospects around the Kupe field, & also have the Basque permit off Christchurch + Romania.

I don't get what everyone's rush is for NZO to jump at the first thing that comes along, lets review the reserves at Tui & if required drill some more wells to increase production/life of project

The Kupe project isn't up & running yet, & NZO's two main projects have different JV partners, perhaps they are a bit stretched in the human resource capacity?

Another point for people to consider, NZO can't just get a rig whenever they like, so lets make use of the one we have & then plan ahead!

AWE have a big forward drilling program planned, perhaps they may reduce some risk & farm out a slice of the action.

I get the feeling some posters would rather NZO spent $200m drilling offshore deep waters wildcats

Remember the NZO board have previously stated there intention to get NZO up to 2mmbo per year production & reserves up to 25mmbo.

I'm sure the opportunities are still rolling in & being assessed!
    Last edited by shasta; 04-07-2009 at 03:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by boysy View Post
    i think people are putting alot of emphasis on prc and kupe. The fact of the matter is tui will provide more revenue than kupe while kupe will provide a long term revenue stream. The prc investment is going to be sold you have to wonder what nzo is doing about replacing its reserves. are people wondering what after tui i mean nzo must surely have to find new reserves elsewhere though it looks as though they have done little about confronting this issue. Nzo has alot of money the question has to be is nzo game enought to use it to increase shareholder value ?
    pep38259 !!!
    Bb

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by shasta View Post
    NZO have permits in & around the Tui field, makes sense to search around where you have found it before dont you think? (old gold miners theory).

NZO have some prospects around the Kupe field, & also have the Basque permit off Christchurch + Romania.

I don't get what everyone's rush is for NZO to jump at the first thing that comes along, lets review the reserves at Tui & if required drill some more wells to increase production/life of project

The Kupe project isn't up & running yet, & NZO's two main projects have different JV partners, perhaps they are a bit stretched in the human resource capacity?

Another point for people to consider, NZO can't just get a rig whenever they like, so lets make use of the one we have & then plan ahead!

AWE have a big forward drilling program planned, perhaps they may reduce some risk & farm out a slice of the action.

I get the feeling some posters would rather NZO spent $200m drilling offshore deep waters wildcats

Remember the NZO board have previsouly stated there intention to get NZO up to 2mmbo per year production & reserves up to 25mmbo.

I'm sure the opportunities are still rolling in & being assessed!
    I have no doubt the market grossly underestimates the value of nzo
    My understaning is that there are additional pools of oil around Tui and 2 production drills -tui n/e and south west will go ahead in a few months .
    No value is given by analysts to the wealth of experience and knowledge the nzo team have.
    However just look at the nzo website to see that all recent analysts value nzo greater than the market .
    The market will wake up one day-possibly when the dividend is announced-or when the tui s.e production well flows -who knows when market sentiment will become more realistic as far as nzo goes . Its certainly got great assets.loads cash and potential .
    Market risk of the sp going much lower is negligible .

Advanced Member

If people belive in the TUI story why invest in NZO. PPP and AWE have greater leverage to success and both have just as much exploration diversity both are cashed up. I belive like you all of the JV partners are still undervalued but this is unlikely to change and nzo is not the only o&g company that are well below valuations. I guess the uncertainty over oil and gas prices are the main determinant of this.
    Time is a great teacher, but unfortunately it kills all its pupils