sharetrader
Page 809 of 1791 FirstFirst ... 3097097597998058068078088098108118128138198599091309 ... LastLast
Results 8,081 to 8,090 of 17909

Theres a definite indication in the that article indicating NZO (1) can't find what they were looking for, (2) hear what the shareholders are saying about getting their arse into gear and (3) they may need to borrow to get into whatever is next.

Might give them Alan Hubbards number, he had to put the hand in the back pocket for $40M to assist SC Finance last week but I'm sure there is more in the same pocket

Veteran novice

I'm not an NZO shareholder but if I were I wouldn't be too worried about the company's "steady does it" approach.

Highly preferable to the wheeling and dealing of a company like BPT, selling off good assets, buying bits of things all over the world, inflating the issued capital to over a billion shares to pay for these bits ( at $1-43 incidentally ) and seeing its SP languish down to around the current 78c.

Sorry if this is more of a rant about BPT than a comment about NZO but I make the point that that's a possible outcome of pushing a company too hard to "make things happen". Although in BPT's case I don't think they needed much pushing!

Advanced Member

I am very happy with the steady as you go approach.It implies a well thought out structure that means it will have the smallest possible scope for unexpected negative conquences after the deal.It is the opposite of marry in hast repent at leisure.
    Sounds interesting if it means 100 million of debt. Would that imply say a 300 million deal. Fish how is your humor this morning? What about no dividend this year and go empire building instead !!!!!
    digger

seeing that Iraq's fields have been put up for auction, and we know they are big, and proven. maybe nzo can invest everything its got for a .01% stake in the last rich and easy oil fields.
    better than romainia or quassimotto land

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by neopoleII View Post
    seeing that Iraq's fields have been put up for auction, and we know they are big, and proven. maybe nzo can invest everything its got for a .01% stake in the last rich and easy oil fields.
    better than romainia or quassimotto land
    Neopole this idea is the exact opposite of what i would like.Just read the other day that only one contract was sold as Iraq really just wants everyone else it be only involved as far as the expence goes.The profit is to be all kept for Iraq,that is why everone else pulled out.There are a lot of unknowns unknowns with this area.
    digger

Quote Originally Posted by digger View Post
    I am very happy with the steady as you go approach.It implies a well thought out structure that means it will have the smallest possible scope for unexpected negative conquences after the deal.It is the opposite of marry in hast repent at leisure.
    Sounds interesting if it means 100 million of debt. Would that imply say a 300 million deal. Fish how is your humor this morning? What about no dividend this year and go empire building instead !!!!!
    I think a steady or rising divi payment is now essential if NZO wants to be regarded as a serious investment
    on the NZX as opposed to a drill&thrill oiler for speculation only.

Plus this here:

http://www.upstreamonline.com/career...e?goto=careers

and put two + two together

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by digger View Post
    That brought a smile onto my face
    Are you sure he doesnt imply that he is going to give a big dividend so he will have to borrow a bit to fund the next project ?

"The price collapse of oil - to just over US$30 at the beginning of the year - didn't shake out the right field bargain, so NZOG is looking at going back into debt to fund its next big investment. Salisbury is reluctant to put a top number on it but says $100 million would be a "comfortable" level of borrowing."

Quote Originally Posted by fish View Post
    That brought a smile onto my face
    Are you sure he doesnt imply that he is going to give a big dividend so he will have to borrow a bit to fund the next project ?

"The price collapse of oil - to just over US$30 at the beginning of the year - didn't shake out the right field bargain, so NZOG is looking at going back into debt to fund its next big investment. Salisbury is reluctant to put a top number on it but says $100 million would be a "comfortable" level of borrowing."
    Borrowing $100m for say a $200-250m cash purchase*, still seems conservative when the Pike River holding would offset the debt.

* NZO could also offer shares to snear a bigger target

Nb, Pike is worth ~$A100m, & PPP ~$A40m to NZO

Also to keep in mind TAP @ $A1.04 is worth $A163m

A takeover of TAP @ $A1.50 is $A240m

About TAP

http://www.stocknessmonster.com/news...E=ASX&N=447833

No debt, few shares, both oil & gas reserves, exploration upside & undervalued.

Share register is primarily Institutions (& open) who may prefer NZO's dividends to TAP's SP underperfomance!

I'm looking to add TAP to the portfolio myself, it really is a sitting duck!
    Last edited by shasta; 06-07-2009 at 07:14 PM.

Advanced Member

What is the hangup with dividends in such a time like this. If nzo gave away a big divi this would reflect badly i mean if nzo cannot find a better avenue to spend there cash you hav 2 wonder are they looking in the rite places or are there expectations too high.
    Time is a great teacher, but unfortunately it kills all its pupils