sharetrader
Page 838 of 1791 FirstFirst ... 3387387888288348358368378388398408418428488889381338 ... LastLast
Results 8,371 to 8,380 of 17910

Quote Originally Posted by Casa del Energia View Post
    Wow - must go out and get some now.

Must get one of them stay-forever-sharp knives (as-seen-on-tv)that cuts through corundum as if it were butter so that I can carve up all the riches and spoils that are implied.
    Reminds me of all that 'Blue-eyed Arab" talk in the early 80's surrounding the GSB drills.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by Casa del Energia View Post
    Wow - must go out and get some now.

Must get one of them stay-forever-sharp knives (as-seen-on-tv)that cuts through corundum as if it were butter so that I can carve up all the riches and spoils that are implied.

have not read the article - per chance was there a nigeria connection in it.
    as for new revolutionary rig - kan tan IV was built in 1983.

awe finished down today

but am aiming to buy some, decision due when my last 20,000 PPP tick over 12 months and 50% capital gains tax kicks in - thats 3weeks away

M
    Last edited by the machine; 15-09-2009 at 09:32 PM.

Default Ran tan

Quote Originally Posted by the machine View Post
    have not read the article - per chance was there a nigeria connection in it.
    as for new revolutionary rig - kan tan IV was built in 1983.

awe finished down today

but am aiming to buy some, decision due when my last 20,000 tick over 12 months and 50% capital gains tax kicks in - thats 3weks awya

M
    Built 1983 - cripes, there will be shareholders not born when kt IV was launched (If that's what you do with rigs).

SP holding onto yesterdays gain quite nicely, good to see it hasn't gone too wild as well, would be nice to see it 'drift' up as drills and Kupe get closer rather go into wild speculation territory. Might be opportune to quietly accumulate (?)

Advanced Member

nzo are XD on asx so that might take a cent or two off the sp

am going to be spending my dividends

M

recent burst of activity due to div ?
    Up up and away!

Advanced Member

amazing, nzo ex div on asx and sp goes up

M

This in my inbox today, dont know how they figure a div of 7.46c, my info suggests a div of 05c but as it is "expert" advice who am I to disagree.

September 16, 2009 EQUITY IRG SHAREINFO MONEYONLINE

INVESTOR SERVICES

New Zealand Oil and Gas
    New Zealand Oil and Gas share price could rally by half if four planned well explorations succeed, according to analysts. NZOG plans to drill the Albacore oil prospect over October and November, and the Hoki prospect in December. According to analysts the downside risk of the wells not succeeding is 8 cents a share but the upside potential is $1.03 per share. Furthermore NZOG will go ex dividend on the 21st of September, meaning that you have until Friday to purchase the shares and pick up a dividend of 7.46c representing a respectable yield of 4.5%. NZOG is a cornerstone share for oil and gas exposure in any NZ share portfolio.

To discuss this share please call Nick O'Boyle on Auckland 304 0233 or 0800 437 8489. You can Nick an email by clicking

is the fall ex div usually mechanistic, ie comapny worth 5c less per share, it follows that SP drops exactly 5c on Monday on open?

plus, if I sell today, I doubt I will be on the register on Friday to collect my div, I wonder out loud if it follows that selling today will keep me on the register for Friday, so I get a cum div price, and a div?

whether its div day -2 or -3 Im not sure I bought 100 ANZ some months ago to get in for their share placement, but though bought 2 days prior to due date, later found I was not on the register when it mattered, and NatBAnk or DB not sure which, posted a message that you had to buy the Tuesday to be counted on the Friday.
    Last edited by shawsie; 16-09-2009 at 03:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by blockhead View Post
    This in my inbox today, dont know how they figure a div of 7.46c, my info suggests a div of 05c but as it is "expert" advice who am I to disagree.
    $0.05000000 <--- what you get in the hand
    $0.00139552. <--- RWT paid on your behalf
    $0.02322974. <--- NZ company tax imputed to you
    ---------------------------------
    $0.0746...... <---- GROSS dividend per share

so my post should actually have SP dropping 7.46c on Monday...