sharetrader
Page 839 of 1791 FirstFirst ... 3397397898298358368378388398408418428438498899391339 ... LastLast
Results 8,381 to 8,390 of 17909
    Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by shawsie View Post
    is the fall ex div usually mechanistic, ie comapny worth 5c less per share, it follows that SP drops exactly 5c on Monday on open?

plus, if I sell today, I doubt I will be on the register on Friday to collect my div, I wonder out loud if it follows that selling today will keep me on the register for Friday, so I get a cum div price, and a div?

whether its div day -2 or -3 Im not sure I bought 100 ANZ some months ago to get in for their share placement, but though bought 2 days prior to due date, later found I was not on the register when it mattered, and NatBAnk or DB not sure which, posted a message that you had to buy the Tuesday to be counted on the Friday.
    shawsie you will find that all that gets sorted out in the wash. If you are on the register on 5pm on friday you get the div,if not you don't. The people who sell on late friday may get away with it for some short time as i once did with another share,however in the end you have to pay it back through the registre or broker. So no free lunch here.
    And what to he-l do you want to sell for anyways with so much about to start happening after such a long wait. Think we have waited since 1986 for KUPE and within 6 months will know for sure how big the greater TUI field is. What a ride and you talk of selling.Do you not like great things?
    digger

Quote Originally Posted by sideline View Post
    $0.05000000 <--- what you get in the hand
    $0.00139552. <--- RWT paid on your behalf
    $0.02322974. <--- NZ company tax imputed to you
    ---------------------------------
    $0.0746...... <---- GROSS dividend per share

Thanks for that Sidie, guessed there was a logical explaination.

Quote Originally Posted by shawsie View Post
    so my post should actually have SP dropping 7.46c on Monday...
    Since nobody gets the tax in their hand, the net benefit (and possible difference in 'value') per
    share is only 5c.

Quote Originally Posted by sideline View Post
    Since nobody gets the tax in their hand, the net benefit (and possible difference in 'value') per
    share is only 5c.
    nah its just been made less now

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by friedegg View Post
    nah its just been made less now
    Soon be a Clayton's dividend. The div you are having when you are not having a dividend.
    digger

Quote Originally Posted by digger View Post
    Soon be a Clayton's dividend. The div you are having when you are not having a dividend.
    quite bizzare really,did they only realise this today with the posters showing in breakdown what they thought they were going to get

Digger, thanks

was looking at an arbitrage around div time is all.

but as you mention it, 3 things stick in my throat...
    1. if i wanted pan pac shares i would buy them.
    2. ditto prc.
    3. great to have working capital and no debt, but monster bank account?

so nog gets a reasonable cap, but 1/2 of it is vapour-capital (that might just be my contribution to the traders lexicon)

gogogo gadget kupe, albacore and friends, i hope the kantan4 doesnt have vietnamese made caterpillars ....

and mgmt, you cant buy ppp anymore, its too big, and pike needs to stand on its own two feet, why not give us the shares to do with as we see fit?

Guru

Another good solid rise of 3c ahead of going ex div.....

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sideshow Bob View Post
    Another good solid rise of 3c ahead of going ex div.....
    The old drilling fever must be taking hold.Would say it is the punters lining up for Abacore which is suppost to start next month. So with the actually drill about 1/3 finished expect the punters to pull out again and the price to retreat a little as with the old pattern
    Mind you KUPE has to be nearing the start line so maybe starting to get factored in.With gas prices world wide falling we might be thankfull the contract has only an inf;ation adjusted clause in it and not a world average price.I remember some years ago i thought this inflation adjusted clause as being a bad outcome for us but it has turned the other way.
    The ever shrinking dividend will not have much effect on the SP next monday when it is X as the price is going up faster daily than the div value.
    digger

Default 90,000 ft and no wing buffeting

Ok, I will stick my neck directly on the block here; come ex div - the price will at least remain on par if not continue up. There are too many good vibe things happening or in pipeline (excuse pun) - more specific reasons:
    1 - For some odd reason NZ shares often go up after ex.
    2 - Multiple drills - at least one is a near dead cert.
    3 - Kupe, (of course) - with lots of liquids as extra cream.
    4 - Generally rising market (slight doff of hat to mcdunk).

The sky may be the limit - but NZO is turning into a high altitude aircraft.