sharetrader
Page 848 of 1790 FirstFirst ... 3487487988388448458468478488498508518528588989481348 ... LastLast
Results 8,471 to 8,480 of 17897

Quote Originally Posted by digger View Post
    Tonight i finally got a reply to my email to Paul Grogan sent last thursday.To his credit he does have a long history in the oil investing market and we both had shares in old Southern Pet way back in ages gone now. I wouldnt give him much credit there. Many people including myself invested there many moons ago

Paul Grogan's point that NZO was slow to take out PPP is hindsight. [too much after the fact. Also how would he know that nzo could successfully take over PPP. And if they could how much would they have to pay to take over it? Throw in the mix of a blocking stake as well. [/b]

Pauls comments about how much money we lost on leaving money in US dollars is sadly correct and well documented and discussed here many times.Again i have to say hindsight as i do not know of any public forum where Paul put forward these views when the dollar was back at 50 cents and John Keys telling us it would fall to the mid 40's. Prior to this last 6 months we made money on foreign exchange. This is like the Dairy company years ago.Made heaps for a few years then lost all of it and more in subjent times plus paying the experts for losing money. Exactly
    He appears to be a vulture and an opportunist.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nita View Post
    He appears to be a vulture and an opportunist.
    This underlines my biggest concern. Mr Grogan has not shared at AGM's or in public forums[by his own admition in email] his interest in NZO over the years. Now his biggest problem will be to get us all past his seemly interest in NZO cash pile. His two referees are a Investment Manager and a Head of Fixed Interest. Money managers that would just love to control the show if somehow they could just get in a position to call the shots.
    NZO and all NZO holders will just have to get used to the fact that you never hear from some sectors of the population when company finances are at rock bottom but they suddenly turn up when the cash piles up a little.
    Guess you all know how i will be voting.
    digger

Advanced Member

Its very rare for "outsiders" to succeed in breaking into established boards without the backing of the institutions and other major shareholders, which I very much doubt you will see in this case. However, in the interests of shareholder democracy, I applaud those who are willing to step forward and perhaps challenge the complacency which can build up amongst the "establishment".

A problem with paying MP's huge salaries is that it attracts people more interested in their wallet than the public. Similarly, once a company builds a huge bank balance it attracts the wrong species altogether.

just curious....can anyone who sold today post as to why they did.....

Guru

Just not enough buyers around I think.

..as a reason for selling....?

cause nzo has lost millions all of a sudden as the result of ppp farmin into a venture really late in the piece and its turned to custard

wow nzo been really hit hard, lost 11c in the last few days!!

will keep on holding

Why the panic? Smoke and mirrors stuff.
    They lost something they never had.