sharetrader
Page 85 of 1791 FirstFirst ... 3575818283848586878889951351855851085 ... LastLast

Unhappy

I just bailed out of my remaining OD's. I have been waiting to see if the spike in POO would help the price, but it hasn't. For the life of me I can't see investors putting in $200,000,000.00 to convert these next year.

Still holding NZO, but I think that unless something very dramatic happens the options will effectively cap the price of NZO at $1.50 until expiry.

Quote Originally Posted by digger View Post
    It hurts when the average shareholders is told by management no to any payout as it is too early then turn around and become the CEO in NZ that takes home the biggest pay rise on NZX. Also last year at the AGM we had some benifits and again this year.This take as much as you shareholders will give me is starting to become a bad habit and from the feedback i am getting it explains some why the SP stays at a dollar when Tapis has just hit 100. Such a thing would have been unthinkable just a few years ago---but so would all the staff and personal benifits been unthinkable.
    You mentioned Warren Buffett. Warren takes great pride in getting a small CEO income and has no personal benifits that are not available to all shareholders. That fact as i have read several times explains the great respect the investing Public has in him.
    Why shouldn't NZO's CEO and directors have big pay rises and lots of benefits? Surely they derserve the increases?

By the reckoning of NZOers on this site, NZO and TR have delivered in spades, haven't they?

The words gush out like water from the Huka Falls from NZOers - 3 world class projects in PRC, Tui and Kupe. Lots of cash around the corner. Good on them for sticking to their guns and hanging on to these world class assets etc.

The sp has not done much but is that really their fault? Maybe they recognise that the sp as is today already reflects the full value of NZO. Ever think about that?

Quote Originally Posted by J R Ewing View Post
    I just bailed out of my remaining OD's. I have been waiting to see if the spike in POO would help the price, but it hasn't. For the life of me I can't see investors putting in $200,000,000.00 to convert these next year.

Still holding NZO, but I think that unless something very dramatic happens the options will effectively cap the price of NZO at $1.50 until expiry.
    How are the one's that picked up NZOOD above 25c feeling?? Hope you weren't one of them J R!
    The quality that is lacking is quality.

Quote Originally Posted by Mingeathinaikos View Post
    How are the one's that picked up NZOOD above 25c feeling?? Hope you weren't one of them J R!
    You should be trying to make money instead of hoping other people are losing money. Maybe the people who bought for 25c sold for 30c? Or do you know some of them?

Don't the ODs lose about 10% a month anyway as the time value component disappears?

Even more reason why NZO come clean and clearly state their intentions ..... instead as MacDunk says leaving the punters playing pass the parcel
    Last edited by winner69; 09-11-2007 at 09:34 AM.

Advanced Member

it certainly looks as though unless something dramatic happens people still holdings ods will be left out in the rain. 2.4 million sellers against 400k buyers though for people still holding hope they do get in the money.
    Time is a great teacher, but unfortunately it kills all its pupils

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by dsurf View Post
    You should be trying to make money instead of hoping other people are losing money. Maybe the people who bought for 25c sold for 30c? Or do you know some of them?
    Its a sad fact of life that if you want to better the average, it comes at the expence of someone else. Its like being in the army, it dousnt matter as long as you dont see there faces. I feel sorry for the gullible for being so stupid. The 30c was one i missed, i sold at 9c at the start and was told that it was me that was stupid. I valued the options at 5c then simply because the sp wont rise much higher than the conversion price. More shares makes it worth less was my reasoning regardless of what happened, other than a major new strike. Its pass the parcel time with the options worth nothing when the music stops. The best that can happen now is the sp to reach conversion level, or 5c above just to make it worthwhile converting. I think that even the most optimistic blue eyed punter knows deep down, that is very unlikely. Macdunk

Quote Originally Posted by dsurf View Post
    dsurf, i don't hope people are losing money, but it is a fact that if s share was trading at 30c and is now at 9c someone has lost money.

I am a NZO holder and will continue to be. I exited the ODs last week (at a small loss) because as i said then, while i personally think that NZO is undervalued, i don't think the market will revalue it above $1.50 prior to June '08 expiry....therefore options will trend to 0.

I will be buying more heads in this company, I just think the ODs are gone..... and am struggling to understand why you would purchase them now.... big risk.
    Last edited by Mingeathinaikos; 09-11-2007 at 10:25 AM.
    The quality that is lacking is quality.

Interesting how PRC is trending up and NZO is down. I have a funny feeling someone is manipulating the NZO head shares. Just an assumption.
    Having got ourselves into a debt-induced economic crisis, the only permanent way out is to reduce the debt – either directly by abolishing large slabs of it, or indirectly by inflating it away.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by duncan macgregor View Post
    Its a sad fact of life that if you want to better the average, it comes at the expence of someone else. Its like being in the army, it dousnt matter as long as you dont see there faces. I feel sorry for the gullible for being so stupid. The 30c was one i missed, i sold at 9c at the start and was told that it was me that was stupid. I valued the options at 5c then simply because the sp wont rise much higher than the conversion price. More shares makes it worth less was my reasoning regardless of what happened, other than a major new strike. Its pass the parcel time with the options worth nothing when the music stops. The best that can happen now is the sp to reach conversion level, or 5c above just to make it worthwhile converting. I think that even the most optimistic blue eyed punter knows deep down, that is very unlikely. Macdunk

Macdunk
    I find it hard to believe that a seasoned trader/analyst such as yourself could possibly sell out at 9 cents before Hector was drilled. To even a casual punter it was money for jam.i.e. 30 odd cents.

OK I was an optimist and held through both Hector and Taranui but then I was out of the oppies.They could still do it but would need a good strike at Kupe, another Tui upgrade and oil to stay at $90 plus ( which I think it will ). I doubt whether an aquisition would change things.

You missed out on a real bonanza which is unlike you.