sharetrader
Page 855 of 856 FirstFirst ... 355755805845851852853854855856 LastLast
Results 17,081 to 17,100 of 17109
  1. #17081
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    44

    Default

    https://www.offshore-energy.biz/bp-m...bark-drilling/

    This is a good site for offshore news.

  2. #17082
    Legend peat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Whanganui, New Zealand.
    Posts
    5,586

    Default

    Im with you guys on this via BPT who have even more than NZO at 21%

  3. #17083
    Guru
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Wellington, New Zealand
    Posts
    4,172

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by peat View Post
    Im with you guys on this via BPT who have even more than NZO at 21%
    Hi Peat, would it be fair to say though that a discovery, although good for BPT, will not dramatically do much to the SP as their capitalisation is at $3b compared with NZO and CUE at $0.1b?

    Don't get me wrong, exciting times all round.

  4. #17084
    Legend peat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Whanganui, New Zealand.
    Posts
    5,586

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by blackcap View Post
    Hi Peat, would it be fair to say though that a discovery, although good for BPT, will not dramatically do much to the SP as their capitalisation is at $3b compared with NZO and CUE at $0.1b?

    Don't get me wrong, exciting times all round.
    absolutely and that is a good thing from my perspective , and fits in a lot better with my own personal trading strategy.
    For clarity, nothing I say is advice....

  5. #17085
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Hastings, , New Zealand.
    Posts
    410

    Default

    And I would think that in the event of a successful well, BPT have the capital & size to commercialise it, without diluting their existing shareholders too badly.

  6. #17086
    Senior Member airedale's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Above the high tide mark.
    Posts
    1,387

    Default

    Has anyone got that chart handy, the one that shows a resources company's SP rising steeply before the drill then topping out and dropping while the company sort out their cash to capitalise on the find, then rising again before production.

  7. #17087
    Advanced Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    , , .
    Posts
    1,587

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by airedale View Post
    Has anyone got that chart handy, the one that shows a resources company's SP rising steeply before the drill then topping out and dropping while the company sort out their cash to capitalise on the find, then rising again before production.
    I would have doubts about such a chart applying to NZO and this drill .
    There has not been a steep rise before the drill-a small rise only .
    We are told success is likely to be binary.
    My take on this is that if gas is found its so huge that the sp could multiply tenfold .
    A huge find means no problem sorting out finance .

  8. #17088
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    1,231

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by fish View Post
    A huge find means no problem sorting out finance .
    So very true.

    Plus the ~NZ50M of nzo money sitting in the bank unallocated right now would go a long way towards covering our share of any development costs!

  9. #17089
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2019
    Location
    Auckland
    Posts
    338

    Default

    Thought there might have been a bit more liquidity in Aust, bugger all for now.
    Glad i didn't transfer my shares over to ASX at this point...Any comments?
    All science is either Physics or stamp collecting - Ernest Rutherford

  10. #17090
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2020
    Posts
    48

    Default

    Any word on the IronBark drill. I can only find that they have clearance to start the drill some point in October and Apex is in place, I would imagine it's underway now?
    Last edited by LEMON; 18-10-2020 at 09:23 AM.

  11. #17091
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2020
    Posts
    48

    Default

    10 days to arrive from the day of mobilization which was roughly on the 12th of Oct, so arrival on the 22nd and drilling to start end of October weather permitting I think

  12. #17092
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Wellington , New Zealand.
    Posts
    385

    Default

    LEMON, I'm pretty sure the rig arrived at Ironbark on the evening of 12th October.
    That 'mobilisation' word is some sort of drillers jargon - don't think it means actually moving it.
    I think it means preparing to spud, and that may be quite soon, a day or two perhaps.

    There's quite good info on the Hot Copper Aussie chat site : https://hotcopper.com.au/asx/nzo/?keywords=NZO

  13. #17093
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2020
    Posts
    48

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lion View Post
    LEMON, I'm pretty sure the rig arrived at Ironbark on the evening of 12th October.
    That 'mobilisation' word is some sort of drillers jargon - don't think it means moving it.
    I think it means preparing to spud, and that may be quite soon, a day or two perhaps.

    There's quite good info on the Hot Copper Aussie chat site : https://hotcopper.com.au/asx/nzo/?keywords=NZO
    Thanks.

    It does say on the hot copper "the rig is now being mobilised to iron bark-1 well location" which to me means it hasn't arrived on location yet (12th of Oct) and if it's saying on a different article it's being mobilised on the 12th also and it will take up to 10 days that states it's not on the location of the well yet. If the hole is being drilled it wouldn't be mobilised but drilling of the well has been started, no?

  14. #17094
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Wellington , New Zealand.
    Posts
    385

    Default

    Well, LEMON, I'm not claiming to know exactly what's going on, but gimo211 who has paid access to vessel positions said on 12/10 on HC that the Ocean Apex had arrived at Ironbark, then the same guy in a recent post tonight says:

    Current position by satellite of Ocean Apex seems a bit different to the coordinates provided earlier. They changed the drilling location slightly.

    Latest rig movements suggesting dynamic positioning preparation. My guess: spud announcement tomorrow or on Tuesday...

  15. #17095
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    1,231

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lion View Post
    Well, LEMON, I'm not claiming to know exactly what's going on, but gimo211 who has paid access to vessel positions said on 12/10 on HC that the Ocean Apex had arrived at Ironbark, then the same guy in a recent post tonight says:

    Current position by satellite of Ocean Apex seems a bit different to the coordinates provided earlier. They changed the drilling location slightly.

    Latest rig movements suggesting dynamic positioning preparation. My guess: spud announcement tomorrow or on Tuesday...
    Based on the timelines given, we could get a spud notice as early as tomorrow.

    Certainly by the end of the week.

  16. #17096
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Hastings, , New Zealand.
    Posts
    410

    Default

    Shhhh, be quiet, whats that noise I can hear?

    Oh, whats that vibration I'm feeling through my feet?

    Ah, it can only be one thing, the spudding in of the Ironbark well, on its way down to the glorious gas of Carnarvon, all 15 trillion cubic feet of it!

  17. #17097
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    A Hawk in the Bay
    Posts
    619

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Getty View Post
    Shhhh, be quiet, whats that noise I can hear?

    Oh, whats that vibration I'm feeling through my feet?

    Ah, it can only be one thing, the spudding in of the Ironbark well, on its way down to the glorious gas of Carnarvon, all 15 trillion cubic feet of it!

    Aha Getty - I was wondering about that vibration I'm feeling as well
    ... the fine art of sniffing out debits & credits hidden under the carpet can pay dividends ...

  18. #17098
    Senior Member airedale's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Above the high tide mark.
    Posts
    1,387

    Default

    Like the Beach Boys song...."good vibrations".

  19. #17099
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2000
    Location
    Christchurch, , New Zealand.
    Posts
    316

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by airedale View Post
    Like the Beach Boys song...."good vibrations".
    I have been in and out of NOG/NZO for years. What % are on this airedale?

  20. #17100
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Hastings, , New Zealand.
    Posts
    410

    Default

    the Boys at Beach Petroleum will enjoy that vibe.

    Wouldn't it be nice.

    Fun fun fun,

    for a successful well

    Its just a matter of time.

    And your dreams come true.

    Make it big.

    Dance Dance Dance.

    Celebrate the news, in

    Endless Harmony,

    Forever, but

    Hang on to your Ego
    Last edited by Getty; 22-10-2020 at 07:14 AM.

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •