sharetrader
Page 863 of 1792 FirstFirst ... 3637638138538598608618628638648658668678739139631363 ... LastLast
Results 8,621 to 8,630 of 17911
    Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by Shrewd Crude View Post
    Im with Notie on this one...
    Manaia was discovered in 1970 by shell...
    It flowed oil at 575 BOPD...
    and the research that Id done pointed to a sucessful producer...
    The reasons being, updip more oil contact...
    Still didnt really get rewarded for knowing it was a close to 100million barrel field...
    in the end the market took it as a given...
    pffft....

.^sc
    Shrewdy,please explain as that is not my defination of a discovery.I would say a discovery can not be booked until it is finally proven and Manaia was only been finally shown to be a fact with the last drill. As i understand it Manaia was drilled down dip but it was later Seismic that confirmed it was not drilled in the best location.Therefore i say the discovery can not be technically booked until it is drilled and conformed.To say it otherwise would mean that the 100 million barrells were discovered in 1970 and the report of last week is the final and eventual conformation of that fact.
    Naturally the same can be said with the near TUI drills about to start.
    digger

Advanced Member

is there any news on the ensco-107 shifting? as 36 hours calm weather needed

otherwise maybe this wed/thurs might be ok weather wise

M

Im with Notie on this one...
    Manaia was discovered in 1970 by shell...
    It flowed oil at 575 BOPD...
    and the research that Id done pointed to a sucessful producer...
    The reasons being, updip more oil contact...
    Still didnt really get rewarded for knowing it was a close to 100million barrel field...
    in the end the market took it as a given...
    pffft....

.^sc
    Cheers Shrewd,
    I didn't realise Shell had been there way back then. Apologies to Notie too, who finally said something right. Then again, a stopped clock is right twice a day.

hold NZO for a while, it's been so quite....since jump from round1.60.
    When we can expect some news from those undergoing project?late nov?

Default Summer Drilling Programme

Quote Originally Posted by the machine View Post
    is there any news on the ensco-107 shifting? as 36 hours calm weather needed

otherwise maybe this wed/thurs might be ok weather wise

M
    Yep you need to keep an eye on the NZOG site under exploration. Pssst, dont tell Notie !

16 November: The first well to be drilled in this summer's drilling programme is the Albacore-1 well, using the ENSCO-107 jack-up rig.

The ENSCO-107 is still at the Maari field waiting for assignment to the Albacore JV. Calm weather and sea state are required before the rig can be moved away from the Maari platform. The next possible weather window is towards the end of the week.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Tommy View Post
    Yep you need to keep an eye on the NZOG site under exploration. Pssst, dont tell Notie !

16 November: The first well to be drilled in this summer's drilling programme is the Albacore-1 well, using the ENSCO-107 jack-up rig.

The ENSCO-107 is still at the Maari field waiting for assignment to the Albacore JV. Calm weather and sea state are required before the rig can be moved away from the Maari platform. The next possible weather window is towards the end of the week.
    Weather looks a bit iffy, certaily not balmy glass pond stuff:

Coastal Situation for all New Zealand issued at 04:45pm Monday 16-Nov-2009
    A west to southwest flow covers the country today. A low is expected to develop over the Tasman Sea on Tuesday and move across the lower North Island early Wednesday. A weak ridge should move onto the country from the west late Wednesday and during Thursday, then move away to the northeast on Friday followed by a strengthening northwest flow.

Outlook following 72 hours: Trough along 172E moving east. Northwest 20 to 30kt east of trough. Southwest 25kt to gale west of trough with heavy southwest swell. Low 40S 151E moving east. Clockwise 20 to 30kt near low. Second low expected 53S 150E at 180000Z moving east. Clockwise 25kt to gale near second low in northern semicircle with heavy westerly swell. Third low expected 43S 150E at 190600Z moving southeast.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by Casa del Energia View Post
    Weather looks a bit iffy, certaily not balmy glass pond stuff:

Coastal Situation for all New Zealand issued at 04:45pm Monday 16-Nov-2009
    A west to southwest flow covers the country today. A low is expected to develop over the Tasman Sea on Tuesday and move across the lower North Island early Wednesday. A weak ridge should move onto the country from the west late Wednesday and during Thursday, then move away to the northeast on Friday followed by a strengthening northwest flow.

Outlook following 72 hours: Trough along 172E moving east. Northwest 20 to 30kt east of trough. Southwest 25kt to gale west of trough with heavy southwest swell. Low 40S 151E moving east. Clockwise 20 to 30kt near low. Second low expected 53S 150E at 180000Z moving east. Clockwise 25kt to gale near second low in northern semicircle with heavy westerly swell. Third low expected 43S 150E at 190600Z moving southeast.
    To get the whole picture look at metvuw and one of the swellmaps-it looks like we have a high coming over the top of the country bringing light winds and a decreasing swell on Friday .
    http://www.metvuw.com/forecast/forec...=nz&noofdays=7
    Last edited by fish; 16-11-2009 at 07:05 PM.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by fish View Post
    To get the whole picture look at metvuw and one of the swellmaps-it looks like we have a high coming over the top of the country bringing light winds and a decreasing swell on Friday .
    http://www.metvuw.com/forecast/forec...=nz&noofdays=7
    Thanks Casa & Fish.

Since Ensco-107 has to jack down right alongside the platform then weather conditions for that will need to be perfect.

Recall after Momoho the rig had to lay up for 3 months waiting for the weather [lay up in Nelson?], but that was heading into winter, so at this time of year there should be no chance of that - just have to wait for the weather window and don't be disappointed if it takes a few weeks.

M

Shrewdy,please explain as that is not my defination of a discovery.I would say a discovery can not be booked until it is finally proven and Manaia was only been finally shown to be a fact with the last drill. As i understand it Manaia was drilled down dip but it was later Seismic that confirmed it was not drilled in the best location.Therefore i say the discovery can not be technically booked until it is drilled and conformed.To say it otherwise would mean that the 100 million barrells were discovered in 1970 and the report of last week is the final and eventual conformation of that fact.
    Naturally the same can be said with the near TUI drills about to start.
    Digger,
    A discovery is anything that is found, it is the detection of hydrocarbons only...
    It has nothing to do with the economics of the field, or moveable hydrocarons (recovery rate), or breakeven point...

the point you are making is about Appraisal stage drilling which proceeds exploration/discovery stage....

The 100 million barrels recoverable compromises of 60 million from main moki sands,
    12 million from M2A, and 25 million from Manaia...
    so, the field was discovered in 1970, but the full extent of those reserves were not fully known until 2009... so hence the slight confusion

.^sc
    BITCOIN certified rat poop. NSA created, Expensive to send, slow, can only trade on cex, no autonomy, spaghetti code, has been hacked, accidental Backdoor brc20s whoops, no one building on it, alienated all cryptos against it, volume is fake, few whales control large supply... it will perform though

Advanced Member

Digger,
    A discovery is anything that is found, it is the detection of hydrocarbons only...
    It has nothing to do with the economics of the field, or moveable hydrocarons (recovery rate), or breakeven point...

the point you are making is about Appraisal stage drilling which proceeds exploration/discovery stage....

The 100 million barrels recoverable compromises of 60 million from main moki sands,
    12 million from M2A, and 25 million from Manaia...
    so, the field was discovered in 1970, but the full extent of those reserves were not fully known until 2009... so hence the slight confusion

.^sc
    Thanks Shrewdy for that exact explanation. Being the sort i am i prefer my own way of seeing it even if i end up talking only to myself.At least it will be good to know one of humanity has got it the way it should be.
    So for me a discovery in practical terms belong to the one who makes it. Hence Christoper Clumbus only discovered the West Indies and the rest goes gradually to future explores.It is just too much to say Clumbus discovered everything from the Grand Canyon to the world wide web just because he dectected the new world land mass. My way of seeing it makes Momoho,s drill last year a non economic event as that was when it was drilled and found to be such regardless of what the predrill expectations were.
    But thanks Shrewdy for your detailed and insightful comments and from me they are much appreciated.
    PS---did you see on TV! this morning the American who says NZ is about to launch a drilling program that could have results bigger than the North Sea.Exciting sounding but i would prefer this was done without fanfare and on the quite,that way the big predrill hype is not built in.
    Cheers
    Last edited by digger; 18-11-2009 at 08:26 AM.
    digger