sharetrader
Page 865 of 1788 FirstFirst ... 3657658158558618628638648658668678688698759159651365 ... LastLast
Results 8,641 to 8,650 of 17880
    Advanced Member

Default Taranaki Permit 51906

Any reasons why Octanex trumped NZOG in gaining this permit? Looks pretty good on paper.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Tommy View Post
    20 November: The first well to be drilled in this summer's drilling programme is the Albacore-1 well, using the ENSCO-107 jack-up rig.

The weather is still refusing to cooperate, delaying the start of drilling. The ENSCO-107 is still at the Maari field waiting for calm weather so that it can be pulled away from the Maari platform. Once that occurs, the rig will be assigned to the Albacore joint venture and towed to the Albacore site. The weather conditions are being assessed daily.
    Mr Tommy,hi i will be able to tell you exactally when the rig will be able to be moved.
    18 months ago i set up on my new home and it is all self generated power.We have a small Airdolphin wind turbine and solar power.For now forget the solar and look at the wind. In this 18 month period the best producing period has been the last 4 weeks. Power produced from wind varies directly with the cubed of the speed of wind,so double the wind you get 8 times the force from it,triple gets 27 times. So if the wind is blowing up on my hill top it sure as hell blowing out on the ocean with nothing to break it.A further complication is that in two seconds of the wind stopping the land effect carried no energy force into the future but the waves on the ocean sure do.
    So in conclusion i would say we need three days with no wind and at that point we also need a good forward outlook. At least we can take heart from the fact that the now 100 icebergs are not on colision coar-se with Taranaki. The Barque prospect might get visited and if so will add a big concern in this area,when next years decision to drill comes up.
    Cheers
    digger

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by fish View Post
    To get the whole picture look at metvuw and one of the swellmaps-it looks like we have a high coming over the top of the country bringing light winds and a decreasing swell on Friday .
    http://www.metvuw.com/forecast/forec...=nz&noofdays=7
    per my untrained eye re nz weather charts, the forward chart does not to flash for next week

m

Public Affairs Manager NZOG

Quote Originally Posted by bermuda View Post
    Any reasons why Octanex trumped NZOG in gaining this permit? Looks pretty good on paper.
    This was open area - anyone could have applied for it. I believe Octanex was the only company interested and none of the companies currently active in Taranaki put in an application.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Roberts View Post
    This was open area - anyone could have applied for it. I believe Octanex was the only company interested and none of the companies currently active in Taranaki put in an application.
    Thanks Chris

Default On way to Albacore

Despite yet another week of westerlies ahead courtesy of El Nino...

http://wxmaps.org/pix/aus.slp.html

At least things are on the move, at last.

Quote Originally Posted by Anna Naum View Post
    Excellent. 20 days drilling, hopefully christmas will be coming early this year !

20 days to drill the hole to 2200m but the targets are between 1400m - 1800m, so results could come sooner.

The forecast is actually quite mild for the next week. Winds should be light to moderate in the area.