sharetrader
Page 89 of 1792 FirstFirst ... 3979858687888990919293991391895891089 ... LastLast
    Guru

World Story
    RSS
    Huge oil find in Brazil
    7:15AM Saturday November 10, 2007

A huge offshore oil discovery could raise Brazil's petroleum reserves by a whopping 40 per cent and boost it into the ranks of the world's major exporters, officials say.

Quote Originally Posted by 777 View Post
    World Story
    RSS
    Huge oil find in Brazil
    7:15AM Saturday November 10, 2007

A huge offshore oil discovery could raise Brazil's petroleum reserves by a whopping 40 per cent and boost it into the ranks of the world's major exporters, officials say.
    At up to 8b barrels it could keep the world going for an extra 100 days.........

Quote Originally Posted by steve fleming View Post
    The amount of time, analysis and energy gone into analysing and debating this stock by people here over the last few years has been just absolutely unbelievable. It honestly absolutely staggers me.

If only some here had focused a fraction of this time and energy analysing a half decent ASX miner/oiler over this period, they'd more than likely be very happy chappys sitting on multi-bagger returns....
    You are absolutely right Steve

Never has so much been wtitten about so little by so many
    (Apologies to Winston Churchill)

There are so many really good companies in Aussie that have produced multi bagger returns in the last several years
    Time is the great revealer

Quote Originally Posted by whiteheron View Post
    You are absolutely right Steve

Never has so much been wtitten about so little by so many
    (Apologies to Winston Churchill)

There are so many really good companies in Aussie that have produced multi bagger returns in the last several years
    That's not fair to the NZOers. They believed some of the (now ficticious) valuations posted on this site that NZO was worth $2.75 per share. Pike alone was worth at least $1.00.

So they have hung on and hung on. Top prize for patience and fortitude.

But topmost prize for gullibility? Where are the prophets who promised them riches aplenty?

again i have to agree with unicorns last post. What does seem bizarre is NZO looking for aquisition before it has even consolidated its own position. My only via aquisition/merger or otherwise would have been PPP. However this opportunity or option pretty much went out the door back in June.

By having their finger in so many pies they can loose focus on their core projects. What is that saying? if you try to chase 2 rabbits, both will get away" NZO imo needs to finish off their foundations before diversifying. That means both Pike and Kupe need to be producing and not sooner.

Default all time low in sentiment

Do I detect an all time low in sentiment among, both holders, and the increasing number od non-holders, chiming in with a few words of wisdom.

All time lows in sentiment often turn out to be the point where there is a change in price trend - I wonder if this theory holds this time.

I agree with you nita - they (NZO managment) should learn to walk before trying to run
    Last edited by Mick100; 10-11-2007 at 05:07 PM.
    He who lives by the crystal ball soon learns to eat ground glass. (Edgar Fiedler)

Quote Originally Posted by Mick100 View Post
    Do I detect an all time low in sentiment among, both holders, and the increasing number od non-holders, chiming in with a few words of wisdom.

All time lows in sentiment often turn out to be the point where there is a change in price trend - I wonder if this theory holds this time.

I agree with you nita - they (NZO managment) should learn to walk before trying to run
    All too true Mick .... one of the well tested signs of a change in trend

Bad sentiment seems to have driven most off NZO ... even the likes of Viking sounds pretty depressed .... Boysy and Bermuda still bullish

Maybe now is the time to capture some of the 'intrinsic value' in NZO

They will be talking positive about this stock down The Brewery bar tonite though .... all will be forgiven when they share their frustrations

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    They will be talking positive about this stock down The Brewery bar tonite though .... all will be forgiven when they share their frustrations
    Winner - quite the contrary, Lakeys & i were discussing an "exit" from NZO & where the funds would go too!

It seems we have both held NZO too long & a small profit is still a profit

Advanced Member

Because NZ have a Tall Poppy Syndrome and because NZ dont have a dedicated Energy Reporter the only way for NZO to prove themselves is through financials that are currently being enriched at prices far in excess of those forecast and budgetted.

This is a very good time to buy. Reminds me of the inverse many many years ago when Robt Jones wrote to his shareholders at the very top of the cycle imploring them to keep buying.

Oil prices aint going down.Even the IEA and the Majors are now admitting it.