sharetrader
Page 9 of 1791 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319591095091009 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    Got a few of you jumping up and down. Trying to warm up with the cold reality?

How come there was so much use of Waaihoek's valuation when it was all blue skies and unlimited potential but mysteriously, no mention when realities of PRC, Hector etc eventuate?

Not talking chickenfeed here - the valuations are out by a mile!

Let's read about Tui and Kupe being upgraded but where's the beef? Have they increased enough to offset the huge drop in PRC and oil prospects? What about the dilution effect of 80m more shares issued?

Come on, guys - come back with something substantial. Let's get some balance and let's get going. Let's really get into NZO and let's buy, buy or sell, sell.
    Balance

You holding any heads or options in NZO?

Let's read about Tui and Kupe being upgraded but where's the beef? Have they increased enough to offset the huge drop in PRC and oil prospects? What about the dilution effect of 80m more shares issued?

End quote by Balance.

The trouble with you Balance is that you are primarly unbalanced.The problem with this sort of discussion is that it always favours the knocker. As President Kennedy once famously said any donkey can kick down a door only a good carpenter can make one.In all the time you were knocking NZo,the stage was being set for the big finance companies to collapse.NZO was knocked to death a 1000 times but did you at any time in your supposed balanced financial views every set out to warn investers where real money was going to be lost big time.With NZO no one really lost anything.PRC has yet to be counted,the measure is down the track. We just did not win big time with the dry wells.Anyone who counted the win before it hatched has only themselves to blame.It would have been nice but it did not happen.That was all that was lost ---just opportunity to do better than we have.
    Your knocking of NZO reminds me of the time before the 1984 election. Then we all were suppost to have a view on the abortion issue.Very emotional and when we were all tied up there plans were being laid to bring in GST.Not a single word was ever said about GST before the election.No one voted for it or against it.With the diversion the biggest tax change in NZ was finalised before anyone even stopped argueing about abortion
    So were is your supposed balance in financial matters,or are you just the donkey kicking down the door.Can you show me where you have been balanced and also put other companies under the finanical mirocope .If so then you deserve all respect,but for now it seems only knocking to NZO.
    You did not answer my question about your relationship with Sniper and Greymouth petroluem.

Quote Originally Posted by Closed Loop View Post

End quote by Balance.

The trouble with you Balance is that you are primarly unbalanced.The problem with this sort of discussion is that it always favours the knocker. As President Kennedy once famously said any donkey can kick down a door only a good carpenter can make one.In all the time you were knocking NZo,the stage was being set for the big finance companies to collapse.NZO was knocked to death a 1000 times but did you at any time in your supposed balanced financial views every set out to warn investers where real money was going to be lost big time.With NZO no one really lost anything.PRC has yet to be counted,the measure is down the track. We just did not win big time with the dry wells.Anyone who counted the win before it hatched has only themselves to blame.It would have been nice but it did not happen.That was all that was lost ---just opportunity to do better than we have.
    Your knocking of NZO reminds me of the time before the 1984 election. Then we all were suppost to have a view on the abortion issue.Very emotional and when we were all tied up there plans were being laid to bring in GST.Not a single word was ever said about GST before the election.No one voted for it or against it.With the diversion the biggest tax change in NZ was finalised before anyone even stopped argueing about abortion
    So were is your supposed balance in financial matters,or are you just the donkey kicking down the door.Can you show me where you have been balanced and also put other companies under the finanical mirocope .If so then you deserve all respect,but for now it seems only knocking to NZO.
    You did not answer my question about your relationship with Sniper and Greymouth petroluem.
    Sniper/Sharebroker/Haka/Minder/Icehot/Balance & god knows how many more all have something in common?

I wonder if ST/Vince will ever bring in IP detection software like HotCopper does...

Advanced Member

Closed loop,
    You're onto it mate.
    From now on in we have got everything to gain but nothing to lose.

Quote Originally Posted by bermuda View Post
    Closed loop,
    You're onto it mate.
    From now on in we have got everything to gain but nothing to lose.
    Yup - when our resident knocker has to go hunting Waaihoeks spreadsheets from yester year to find something to knock, the company must be going places.

He asked for a valuation, i gave him one & not a sausage back?

Im happy to argue with any idiot who wants to discount cash!

By the way the total coal resource at PRC is estimated to be 94 million tonnes (from the Crown minerals website.) So the planned coal recovery is a very conservative estimate. Pike will have commissioning delays and technical problems, currency and commodity fluctuations, no doubt, but the coal is for sure.

well if nita is not mistaken then i sense a turn around for nzo.

heres a little recap of late. all in all there was very little hype for hector and taranui. i guess hochysetter, mangaotoa to name a couple have made the longer term invesotr much wiser. some newbies may have been caught out though.

many people have had concerns abou the immediate vauluation of prc and its likely to cost a small fortune more before we get to break even point. but what we have now is production. only a few months ago, the snipers, balance, trendys of this world kept saying its a speccy yadi ya. now that a few short term traders or wannabes have been spat out by the last 25% drop in sp and about 65% drop in options i belive it is now time for the more serious investors to start getting their fingers in the nzo pie. whilst they may not be excited as the tenager in american pie i believe some are now sniffing based on fundamentals. sorry TA'a if i offended anyone there.

hers are call for balance.. i am just trying to see any downside in nzo over the next 6 months. well apart from a colapse in oil prices or some perverbial hits pike then there is basically not much down side at all. i will be looking with interest to see balance and of course duncan (but hes a nice guy) trying to rain on nzo's parade. i think it will be like pointing their weiner against the wind.

how low can nzo go? not much lower (15% max) over the next 12 months will plenty of unside. right now for the fundamentalist or clever acountants i say nzo is the go, finito, you know.

Advanced Member

Lets take an objective look at NZO from a fundamental point of view..
    1, MARKETCAP, at $1-04 a share = $272,381,884.
    2, 26 WEEK PRICE RANGE = 86c - $1-34.
    I ask the following questions.
    1, The pike coal mine will produce for thirty years giving NZO a dividend income over that period unless they sell their shares. 8% yeild on a dollar perhaps ?, or a capital gain.
    2, The return on the oil fields less the cost of running the company less the costs of further exploration is likely to leave the share holders with what ?.
    3,If in the end the options are worth converting the company will have more cash to burn at the cost of more fingers in the pie.
    I would think that to many ifs and buts with no road map to direction, for a company that plays its cards to close to its chest for the average fundy. The sp will only trend up when the company comes out with future plans. We all know what they have, where they have been, but where are they intending to go is all that counts from a fundamental point of view. Macdunk

Nymex and WTI oil above US$76 / barrel ...... should keep Tapis above US$80 !!

GO the big Tui PUMP-OUT !!!!!!!!!!!!

http://www.forbes.com/markets/feeds/...fx4086861.html

Oil prices higher in Asian morning trade as OPEC seen maintaining quota

09.06.07, 12:20 AM ET

SINGAPORE (Thomson Financial) - Oil prices were higher in Singapore morning trade Thursday on expectations that OPEC will maintain its existing production quota at a meeting next week.

Prices were also kept firmer by the Atlantic hurricane season which has entered its peak month of September.

At 10.05 am (0205 GMT), New York's main contract, light sweet crude for October delivery, was up 29 US cents at 76.02 dollars per barrel from 75.73 dollars in late US trade Wednesday.

Brent North Sea crude for October was up 21 cents at 74.55 dollars.

'OPEC doesn't seem to want to increase output and the market has gravitated higher,' said Tobin Gorey, a commodities strategist with the Commonwealth Bank of Australia in Sydney.

'There is a risk that demand may be higher in the fourth quarter,' he said, referring to the northern hemisphere winter, when heating oil demand typically rises.

OPEC is meeting in Vienna next week, and member Iran has said it is opposed to any increase in the cartel's production quota.

'Currently there is sufficient oil on the market,' Iran's caretaker Oil Minister Gholam Hossein Nozari told reporters Wednesday ahead of the OPEC meeting on Sept 11.

'There have been forecasts of one or two hurricanes and this has caused prices to rise. But our position is clear -- there is a sufficient supply of oil on the market,' he said.

At its last regular meeting in March, OPEC decided to keep its official production quota at 25.8 million barrels of oil per day.

World oil prices rose sharply Tuesday after Qatar's energy minister said OPEC will not move next week to increase the cartel's oil output, despite calls for the organization to respond to tight global supplies and strong energy demand.

The US Energy Department will release its weekly inventory snapshot on Thursday, a day later than usual because Monday was a public holiday in the US. Analysts are predicting that US crude stocks fell again last week.

"Lets take an objective look at NZO from a fundamental point of view..
    1, MARKETCAP, at $1-04 a share = $272,381,884.
    2, 26 WEEK PRICE RANGE = 86c - $1-34.
    I ask the following questions.
    1, The pike coal mine will produce for thirty years giving NZO a dividend income over that period unless they sell their shares. 8% yeild on a dollar perhaps ?, or a capital gain.
    2, The return on the oil fields less the cost of running the company less the costs of further exploration is likely to leave the share holders with what ?.
    3,If in the end the options are worth converting the company will have more cash to burn at the cost of more fingers in the pie.
    I would think that to many ifs and buts with no road map to direction, for a company that plays its cards to close to its chest for the average fundy. The sp will only trend up when the company comes out with future plans. We all know what they have, where they have been, but where are they intending to go is all that counts from a fundamental point of view. Macdunk"

can't help it macDunk
    1/ why not 30% yield?
    2/ cost of tui production $30 income = $~100 - fundamentally = a large profit
    3/ agree with you