sharetrader
Page 901 of 1791 FirstFirst ... 40180185189189789889990090190290390490591195110011401 ... LastLast
Results 9,001 to 9,010 of 17909

Quote Originally Posted by digger View Post
    Hi Arjay,
    We must meet up again sometime. Interesting is I a made a very similiar comments about Mr Tommy's post but when looking up the list of wells we drilled that were also had heaps of predrill hype my post disappeared into hyperspace and i had other things to do so did not retype it. But still as Mr Tommy says it is good to dream on while we wait for the hard facts----and then return to our old jobs with heads down a little . This time we will not have long to wait until the next big thing. No doubt that the near TUI wells are the next south Mexico---pre the collapse that is.
    Hi Digger,
    Yes, we should catch up soon. The dark cloud of redundancy looms overhead at the moment, or worse - relocation to Palmerston North. I may soon have time on my hands for catching up with old friends.

Quote Originally Posted by Macleod View Post
    I'd like to hear your facts on that one. lol
    Bit off topic.
    Have you heard of a guy called Bill Gates. He owns an operating system that makes sure every time the hardware gets faster, the operating system will gobble it all up.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Tommy View Post
    Bit off topic.
    Have you heard of a guy called Bill Gates.
    Have you heard of Linux?
    Last edited by Macleod; 16-03-2010 at 10:49 AM.

Thought we would have had the ann by now, "the drill bit has come up covered in a black gooey substance, we have our laboratory checking it""

Maybe later in the day

Advanced Member

delayed by a week for repairs a/c rig operater

http://www.asx.com.au/asx/statistics...idsId=01047158

m

Funny though, in both announcements 11th and 16th they have drilled to the same depth

The Kan Tan IV seems to have continuing serious problems. It had issues in the West Indies when drilling there in 2008:

Speaking today, Mike Coolen, Canadian Superior's President & CEO, said, "This mechanical failure of the rig's drilling equipment is untimely and regrettable; particularly, as drilling had progressed to within a few days of reaching the expected final total depth (final "TD") for the well. We expect the rig owner, Sinopec Corp., and their managing contractor, A. P. Moller - Maersk A/S, to safely and efficiently complete this repair with essentially $0 daily rig rate and for the rig to get back to drilling promptly towards the end of this week, so that the drilling and evaluation of the "Endeavour" well can be properly completed."

By the time it arrived in Australia from the West Indies (June 2009) it needed 6 weeks in Geelong of repair and meaintenance. Once on ORG's/AWE's Rockhopper 1 site in Bass Strait, it had significant down time (ca. 2 weeks at $0 daily rate) while repairs were carried out to it cranes prior to drilling the Rockhopper sidetrack. Now Hoki 1. I reckon KK4 gets hired at a cheap rate and a guaranteed $0 daily rate during breakdowns.
    Last edited by gambier33; 18-03-2010 at 12:11 PM. Reason: arrival time in Aus had typo

Advanced Member

iteresting snipits from awe presentation

http://research.iress.com.au/ids/cur...0F4120000&ppv=

page 10 shows some more plays round tui which i havent sen before
    Time is a great teacher, but unfortunately it kills all its pupils

sold off some nzo after many years
    Up up and away!

What was your rationale there Geezy, half way through a drill with a few more to come soon ??