sharetrader
Page 91 of 1792 FirstFirst ... 41818788899091929394951011411915911091 ... LastLast

Wink time to buy

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Mick .... posts since this one of yours the other night show some more have given up on NZO and have given up on them or contemplated doing so.

Great piece of wisdom that of yours

Maybe now is the time for a new set of shreholders to benefit from the heaps of 'intrinisc value' in NZO

Always think of that little diagram that demonstrates the traits of a successful investor .... buys in before the bottom is reached and sells out before the top is reached .... or somethign like that
    -I will be one as of the next couple days my first purchase on the NZX for over 3yrs now absolute bargin at these levels
    Last edited by JBmurc; 12-11-2007 at 11:27 AM.
    "With a good perspective on history, we can have a better understanding of the past and present, and thus a clear vision of the future." — Carlos Slim Helu

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Mick .... posts since this one of yours the other night show some more have given up on NZO and have given up on them or contemplated doing so.

Great piece of wisdom that of yours

Maybe now is the time for a new set of shreholders to benefit from the heaps of 'intrinisc value' in NZO

Always think of that little diagram that demonstrates the traits of a successful investor .... buys in before the bottom is reached and sells out before the top is reached .... or somethign like that
    Yeah winner, I'm tempted to have another nibble at NZO myself
    He who lives by the crystal ball soon learns to eat ground glass. (Edgar Fiedler)

NZO is a bargain at $1 only if it produces a good return for the purchaser of that share. As NZO does not as yet return anything to the shareholder it remains to be seen as to what the bargain price will be. As someone pointed out earlier, even if NZO has a zillion bucks coming in, the shareholder sees nothing while all that money goes into further company building and directors pockets. Let's see some crystalized benefit to the shareholder, then we'll see the SP head north.

Advanced Member

I think its obvious to most people that the company will not offer dividends for some years to come this being said their are otherways of getting the SP up such as some sort of sharebuyback scheme. For the options to be in the money in 7ish months time it would probably take a good quarterly cashflow pike producing coal and a sharebuy back. Alot will depend on coal oil and gas prices in the months ahead it sure is going to be interesting.
    Time is a great teacher, but unfortunately it kills all its pupils

Default Returns

Quote Originally Posted by arjay View Post
    NZO is a bargain at $1 only if it produces a good return for the purchaser of that share. As NZO does not as yet return anything to the shareholder it remains to be seen as to what the bargain price will be. As someone pointed out earlier, even if NZO has a zillion bucks coming in, the shareholder sees nothing while all that money goes into further company building and directors pockets. Let's see some crystalized benefit to the shareholder, then we'll see the SP head north.
    If you want a company to yeild divies buy a retail stock .. etc personal I don't know of any emerging Oil energy company's that do or are planning on pay divies ,more likely once their more advanced in the developments they may do a share-buy back-like what boysy was saying.
    IMHO futher Oil Gas Coal developments is were the extra funds should go or maybe some JV's with others in there sector and if there got zillions of $$$$$$$$$$ in cashflow I can promise you there SP will increase -

---Increasing -Reserves+Cashflows+further drilling & developing =Increasing SP & Mrktcap

-As I've said before if you don't want you NZO's I'll buy them for $1
    "With a good perspective on history, we can have a better understanding of the past and present, and thus a clear vision of the future." — Carlos Slim Helu

Jbmurc,
    I'm not so worried about dividends - I'm just suggesting why the SP is languishing and why the ODs won't get exercised. Nevertheless, as I have said, it sticks in my craw that the NZO exec are telling us to wait while they fill their pockets. Plenty of oilers pay dividends - Southern Petroleum was one, and our own NZO was another when they were producing from Ngatoro. Now they're producing from Tui... let's hope Greymouth doesn't buy them out.

Quote Originally Posted by JBmurc View Post

-As I've said before if you don't want you NZO's I'll buy them for $1
    Brave talk. I think you will get them at $1.00 tomorrow. Let's see how many get bought at $1.00?

NZO pumping money into more explorations makes little sense as its track record in drilling and exploration is poor. The three projects underway have been around a long long time and have become economical due to higher energy and coking coal prices. Take away the higher prices (still a possibility) and they go back into non-production.

Advanced Member

Have you had a look at figures balance TUI was given the go ahead based on oil at $40 the case is similar with coal and gas prices.
    Time is a great teacher, but unfortunately it kills all its pupils

Cool Oil

Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    Brave talk. I think you will get them at $1.00 tomorrow. Let's see how many get bought at $1.00?

NZO pumping money into more explorations makes little sense as its track record in drilling and exploration is poor. The three projects underway have been around a long long time and have become economical due to higher energy and coking coal prices. Take away the higher prices (still a possibility) and they go back into non-production.
    --I hope so 75,000 will do for now

Quote Originally Posted by boysy View Post
    Have you had a look at figures balance TUI was given the go ahead based on oil at $40 the case is similar with coal and gas prices.
    Balance would say you are correct .... and that the market knows that .... and factored the additional profitability in to their calculations .... and come in at just over a $1

Maybe the converse to what you are saying is if oil wasn't $90 going on $100 then NZO might be considerably less than a $1