sharetrader
Page 918 of 1791 FirstFirst ... 41881886890891491591691791891992092192292896810181418 ... LastLast
Results 9,171 to 9,180 of 17910

Quote Originally Posted by foodee View Post
    Sound similar to ''stop-loss raid'
    Not good
    Yes. The margnproviders talk all their clients into pting in stop losses and then take their money. ALA Goldman Sacks - "we are market makers" er destroyers becasue their puts and calls (external market) systems take over the real market.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by mr.needs View Post
    Can't help but the same thing has been happening with IFT.

Does anyone know what the direct broking codes actually mean?
    OL Market Trade (too small for price setting)

Just click on "Need some help" button above the "Go" button. Then select "glossary" and scroll down to "condition codes".

Quote Originally Posted by troyvdh View Post
    ..well that was fun...just got the phone to NZX....lovely woman.....she said it was 'logarythm trading" (or something like that)....never could spell...it happens to TEL apparently....its unavoidable....and coming....it is a "positive and allows a higher degree of fluid trading"....lovely woman...one learns something eevverrry day.
    Fluid trading. See someone took out the buy side liquidity at the close. I might have myself if I didn't let fundamentals fuzzy my logic. Trend analysis rules over FA with computerised trading - facilitates CFDs and crashes. In my watching of these systems it is a complete fallacy that they provide liquidity.

Quote Originally Posted by 777 View Post

Just click on "Need some help" button above the "Go" button. Then select "glossary" and scroll down to "condition codes".
    Thanks! .

Quote Originally Posted by 777 View Post

What web site do you find this on 777 ??

Cheers,
    Blocky

Guru

It's the Direct Broking website. I am sure other brokers have similar information.

Quote Originally Posted by Bilo View Post
    ...In my watching of these systems it is a complete fallacy that they provide liquidity.
    HFT trading itself can not provide liquidity since they are only trading back and forth between themselves collecting volume discounts and spread differences in different markets for example
    However HFT pushes the price up or down and as a result liquidity flows in or out of the market; that's how I understand the system

Kind Regards

Some new players coming, I wonder if NZOG might have found someone to buy into Kaupokonui.

Nina Fowler | Tuesday May 11, 2010 - 03:49pm
    Speaking at today’s international methane hydrate workshop, Energy and Resource Minister Gerry Brownlee found time to talk up New Zealand’s conventional resource endowment.

A joint GNS Science and government study has estimated exploitation of New Zealand’s untapped petroleum basins could generate $10 billion a year in Crown receipts over the next 40 years, and an additional $30 billion a year in export revenues by 2025

Mr Brownlee made it plain to his international audience that New Zealand was a “very prospective country” which welcomed conventional oil and gas exploration.

“Very soon we’ll announce new players in our waters,” he revealed.

When pressed by NBR, Mr Brownlee said that the announcement could be expected toward the end of the month.

Heres a story about Kaupokonui...

http://www.stuff.co.nz/taranaki-dail...-on-Kaupokonui
    Last edited by Mr Tommy; 12-05-2010 at 12:32 PM.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Tommy View Post
    Some new players coming, I wonder if NZOG might have found someone to buy into Kaupokonui.

Nina Fowler | Tuesday May 11, 2010 - 03:49pm
    Speaking at today’s international methane hydrate workshop, Energy and Resource Minister Gerry Brownlee found time to talk up New Zealand’s conventional resource endowment.

A joint GNS Science and government study has estimated exploitation of New Zealand’s untapped petroleum basins could generate $10 billion a year in Crown receipts over the next 40 years, and an additional $30 billion a year in export revenues by 2025

Mr Brownlee made it plain to his international audience that New Zealand was a “very prospective country” which welcomed conventional oil and gas exploration.

“Very soon we’ll announce new players in our waters,” he revealed.

When pressed by NBR, Mr Brownlee said that the announcement could be expected toward the end of the month.

Heres a story about Kaupokonui...

http://www.stuff.co.nz/taranaki-dail...-on-Kaupokonui

Thanks Mr Tommy for that bit.Good thoughts and a good read.
    digger

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Tommy View Post
    What does it cost to drill an offshore well in Taranaki? Around $30m for Tui SW1, someone said.
    NZOG has $192m in the bank (or did at end March).
    Steady income, probably no more to pay to support PRC which should become another strong steady income stream soon.

Where's this leading? I reckon NZOG should retain a big slice of Kaupokonui.

I know the usual reasons for farming out, but I don't think these apply nearly as much in this situation.
    If we kept 50% or more, it could be an absolute company maker if it came in. Couldn't NZOG be an operator too? That would be fun.

I suppose management know more about assessing risk than I do, but I can see a danger in giving too much potential reward away here. Can't we at least wait till some 3D seismic is done to get a better idea of what's there before selling down?

Just my thoughts. What do you think, digger? 50% of maybe 200mm barrels is an exciting thought, eh?