sharetrader
Page 951 of 1791 FirstFirst ... 451851901941947948949950951952953954955961100110511451 ... LastLast
Results 9,501 to 9,510 of 17910

At 6am yesterday it was at 3692, target is 3820, just 128m to go, so they must have covered that by early afternoon yesterday.

Looking at trades today, volume of just 18K, definitely no leaks here.

Maybe the drill bit jammed ....

Mr T A lot of maybes but if it was me I would have shut off all communication until after the markets close this afternoon and take the weekend to provide a full and careful report. AWE, NZO, PPP must all be feeling that their Shares are unloved at present but that is no reason to rush to market with a scrap of good news. Kahu was never going to be a company maker, why would it become a company breaker?

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by Logen Ninefingers View Post
    Is this official drilling report an official drilling report?
    I thought i was being very clear that it is Digger official drilling report until more evidence become available.Something to do instead of just biting your nails,but i still think it will turn out to be rather accurate. Given a good week to an-alise all data and we should know next thursday.
    digger

Quote Originally Posted by digger View Post
    I thought i was being very clear that it is Digger official drilling report until more evidence become available.Something to do instead of just biting your nails,but i still think it will turn out to be rather accurate. Given a good week to an-alise all data and we should know next thursday.
    And the Digger report on PRC?

Considering that PRC is now the single biggest investment for NZO?

PRC has to perform for NZO to perform?

BTW - based upon past track record, sp fall suggests dry-holes ahead.
    Last edited by Balance; 16-07-2010 at 04:03 PM.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post

BTW - based upon past track record, sp fall suggests dry-holes ahead.
    That is only true because on average there are about 10 dry wells for every economic one. So it becomes true that a falling SP coming up to next thursday report will leave jitters and punters will get out as early as possible.It tells us nothing thought about the well. If completely dry AWE would want that out before the weekend and out of the road.
    I am betting it is another Tieke. A good show but not quite enought. Probably be told we are now looking at another side drill sometime in the future.
    Balance ,PIKE will indeed be a winner but you will not find that in past preformances.Mining to NZ is a bit like the All Whites.We are starting at the bottom and slowly finding out what we are suppost to do.By the end of 2011 if we are not up to full speed by then,then we probably never will be and need to sell to Canadians who know how to Mine.
    digger

Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post

Considering that PRC is now the single biggest investment for NZO?

PRC has to perform for NZO to perform?
    The last time I looked at it Kupe was worth more than Pike and Tui together...

Quote Originally Posted by digger View Post
    That is only true because on average there are about 10 dry wells for every economic one. So it becomes true that a falling SP coming up to next thursday report will leave jitters and punters will get out as early as possible.It tells us nothing thought about the well. If completely dry AWE would want that out before the weekend and out of the road.
    I am betting it is another Tieke. A good show but not quite enought. Probably be told we are now looking at another side drill sometime in the future.
    Balance ,PIKE will indeed be a winner but you will not find that in past preformances.Mining to NZ is a bit like the All Whites.We are starting at the bottom and slowly finding out what we are suppost to do.By the end of 2011 if we are not up to full speed by then,then we probably never will be and need to sell to Canadians who know how to Mine.
    I think you're right it is likely to be marginal. After the Tui SW2 initially positive and ultimately disappointing announcements AWE is being cautious on raising false hopes again before getting the wire logs fully analysed.

Guru

Any thoughts about dividends this year? They've obviously spent a bit of cash with drilling and propping up Pike, while revenue from Tui is down. On the positive side the commissioning of Kupe will provide some more income.

May a lower dividend, or maybe keep the same with more income from Kupe to come. Or may keep the divvy the same level to pacify shareholders and help the shareprice................??

Advanced Member

Kupe cashflow will be strong and longlasting hence no need to have so much cash stacked away in eroding us dollars . A 5 cent dividend with full imp credits should be the minimum to expect -will cost only $20 m . I would really like a 10cent dividend-and this is easily affordable-but suspect we will have to wait until next year !

Quote Originally Posted by fish View Post
    Kupe cashflow will be strong and longlasting hence no need to have so much cash stacked away in eroding us dollars . A 5 cent dividend with full imp credits should be the minimum to expect -will cost only $20 m . I would really like a 10cent dividend-and this is easily affordable-but suspect we will have to wait until next year !
    Good point Fish

A 5c dividend only costs ~$20m - & i see that as being fairly stable from NZO.

But they need to step up there exploration to increase there reserves & production, personally there minimum annual exploration budget should be $20m, if not more, as i assume most shareholders would want a mixture of dividends (income) & exploration for growth.

The PPP investment now seems like a non core asset to me, either NZO has to take it over (while the share price is depressed), or sell it's stake & make a capital return to shareholders.

Down the track the sale of PRC, could & probably should be used for another acquistion/farm in on a permit at development stage.

Perhaps a small capital return/special dividend could also be made from the PRC sale, this way NZO can maintain it's dividend policy @ say 5c.

I'm sure the market would respond postively to any "capital return/special dividend" over & above the normal 5c final dividend