sharetrader
Page 964 of 1791 FirstFirst ... 464864914954960961962963964965966967968974101410641464 ... LastLast
Results 9,631 to 9,640 of 17909
    Advanced Member

Got me thinking why anyone would sell shares at the current sp ?
    If it is for provisional tax due on the 27th have you thought about margin lending-current interest rate is about 6.5 % pa and no arrangement fee - with asb-and the interest is tax deductable .
    Hopefully the dividend-assuming the same as last year - would also hope with cash flow .

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by fish View Post
    Got me thinking why anyone would sell shares at the current sp ?
    If it is for provisional tax due on the 27th have you thought about margin lending-current interest rate is about 6.5 % pa and no arrangement fee - with asb-and the interest is tax deductable .
    Hopefully the dividend-assuming the same as last year - would also hope with cash flow .
    price can stay where it is for a couple of weeks as am hoping to buy some then.

M

im with asb on margin lending with this,im still safe but i suspect the bad news might be-no dividend.
    but if there is one its a reasonbly attractive yield compared to bank rates atm

In my opinion, If NZO did not pay a dividend it would be “flirting with the hearse”.
    Sayce

Advanced Member

There surely can be no excuse for holding onto surplus shareholders capital in these difficult times . We have great cashflow ,lots in the bank.lots invested in other companies and some lent to prc . I am hoping for a capital return plus a dividend .However a capital return is unlikely but surely a return on capital invested is a must -eg at least a 5 -but wouldnt a 7 cent dividend do wonders for shareholder sentiment and lead to some recovery in the sp . It would only cost nzo a mere $28m plus tax credits could be put to good use .

Advanced Member

There surely can be no excuse for holding onto surplus shareholders capital in these difficult times . We have great cashflow ,lots in the bank.lots invested in other companies and some lent to prc . I am hoping for a capital return plus a dividend .However a capital return is unlikely but surely a return on capital invested is a must -eg at least a 5 -but wouldnt a 7 cent dividend do wonders for shareholder sentiment and lead to some recovery in the sp . It would only cost nzo a mere $28m plus tax credits could be put to good use .
    7c is very ambitious

5c maybe

M

My 2 cents is it will be 5 cents. The board shouldn't go lower because it will be a bad indication/signal and they shouldn't go higher because there is no underlying 'cashflow' to support it in the future (as per their indication of 'reasonable proportion of profits'). 5 cents is sustainable for the time being.

Maybe it would go higher if they had struck at Tui for the quick tie in....but that doesn't look the case. I'd expect 2011 to have a few drills around the Taranaki to replace those declining reserves and production rates. Therefore a nice cash buffer is needed.
    Last edited by upside_umop; 15-08-2010 at 09:15 PM.

Advanced Member

Fish i do not know where you are coming from. No to a capital return for now. Maybe that could make since after PIKE is up running and NZO has sold its stake at a good profit. I want 5 cents and no more.Further profits should be divided between drilling and buying undeveloped oil discoveries,and if again necessary into PIKE. Pike can not be toooo far from production.The biggest hurdle here might be a second big recession,but then a second recession will open up buying opportunies as of above.
    So my 2 cents worth is 5 cents as poster above has said.
    digger

Advanced Member

just hope nzo stays cheap for another week as hoping to flog some kasbah that bought last year for $8100 and buy 30,000 nzo - thats right - buy kasbah for 3c - sell hopefully for 14c buy 30,000 nzo and still have $8,000 left over.

then pick up an nzo dividend for my trouble

M

AWE plugs and abandons Tuatara-1[1]

Whew! dodged a bullet there.

Meanwhile according to the latest quarterly report, tomorrow is the drill or drop deadline for the Barque prospect.

Boop boop de do

Marilyn

[1]http://www.sharechat.co.nz/article/dc964411/awe-confirms-dry-well-at-tuatara-1.html