sharetrader
Page 965 of 1791 FirstFirst ... 465865915955961962963964965966967968969975101510651465 ... LastLast
Results 9,641 to 9,650 of 17909

In July 2010 NOG applied for a6 month extension to the commitment time, Whether this was granted, I do not know

so if a producing company like NZO with jewels of the likes of kupe is only paying 5cents per share, whats it going to take to get 10cents?
    a whale of a discovery?.......... no........ nzo always farms outs 80 odd percent of its find.
    buy into a whale?......... no..... kupe is a whale, and its 15% share seems to equal 5cents divi.
    it seems that 5 cents is about all nzo will ever dish out from here on out, which means the share price will never really grow.... except for drill and thrill.
    thats ok for the folks that bought 10 years ago, but anyone who bought in the last 3 to 5 years is earning less than bank rates, with the possibility that their entry price was more than it is today.

i bought in 5 years ago......... im lucky...... im a little bit up on my investment. but 5cent divis wont cut it in the future, and i cant see nzo striking a whale which is 100% owned.
    kupe is the jewel of nzo's crown......... and is worth less than bank rates.....................
    lucky that TR has lots of free or cheap shares........ thats all that matters.

wonder when the next option offering is?

time to move on for me, will cash in my divi....... if it happens, wait a few days for the sp to recover and bail.

might invest in an electricity company........ shareholders seem to get looked after with them.

Advanced Member

neopole11 i feel you have mixed up the facts a little here and there. First KUPE in this finanical year just ended has only been a producer for less than half the time considering the commisioning period. You forget all about PIKE. True in this year it has been a start up drain but that will not always be the case. I would also hope that the directors will look hard at the drill success rate and compare it with buying into undeveloped oil finds.
    I know the market has written off NZO but i think the next 12 moths will show how wrong the market is.I AM CERTAINLY NOT GOING TO SELL OUT.
    digger

Quote Originally Posted by digger View Post
    neopole11 i feel you have mixed up the facts a little here and there. First KUPE in this finanical year just ended has only been a producer for less than half the time considering the commisioning period. You forget all about PIKE. True in this year it has been a start up drain but that will not always be the case. I would also hope that the directors will look hard at the drill success rate and compare it with buying into undeveloped oil finds.
    I know the market has written off NZO but i think the next 12 moths will show how wrong the market is.I AM CERTAINLY NOT GOING TO SELL OUT.
    Love to correct you, Digger - PRC has been a cash drain for the last 3.5 years - not just the last year - 2.5 years of which are unexpected for by NOG.

Agree with you though that it is extremely lucky for NOG (and PRC) shareholders that NOG has the cash from Tui and the options exercise (perfect timing on the sp there by NOG) to carry PRC and fund Kupe.

Question is when (if ever) does PRC become cash flow positive as all the other 'ventures' by NOG have gone nowhere in a big hurry.

Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post

Question is when (if ever) does PRC become cash flow positive as all the other 'ventures' by NOG have gone nowhere in a big hurry.
    Thats easy - Feb 2011 - read about it Mar 2011 - (management forecast it would be mid 2008 ? ) - well & truly overdue!

Question

Lets see what will give our management some bragging rights come the AGM.
    First 1/4 report sometime in Sept.
    5 cent interim Tax free Div.
    Kupe, better than $25 mi. or more Rev.Gross
    News from PRC.
    Another 20000 Tonnes of the good coke by end of Sept. to beginning of Oct.
    Hydro Mi. well on the way.

Full year results webcast at 11:30 am this morning

http://nzog.net/webcasts

Results are out, with a 5c divvie

http://nzog.net/fy10release

Guru

And shares about to trade at opening time at an 11 month low.

Quote Originally Posted by 777 View Post
    And shares about to trade at opening time at an 11 month low.
    The gross profit from operating activities was $67.6 million. Significant
    items affecting the bottom line result included; $30.7 million of exploration
    costs expensed; unrealised exchange rate losses at 30 June 2010 of $8.0
    million; and an $11.5 million share of associate company Pike River Coal's
    loss.

i.e. no value added unfortunately - things are about to change - PRC has leased a real machine that can actually achieve budget advance rates ( don't mention the germans whio fixed the continuous miners so they now achieve 25% of budgeted production ) and will buy one in 4 months when they have some cash - Feb 2011 profitability forecast looking good.