sharetrader
Page 971 of 1792 FirstFirst ... 471871921961967968969970971972973974975981102110711471 ... LastLast
Results 9,701 to 9,710 of 17917

although i hate to say it,the only real potential for nzo sp increase in the upcomming year is prc, wouldnt it be prudent to sell and load everything into prc?

Quote Originally Posted by friedegg View Post
    although i hate to say it,the only real potential for nzo sp increase in the upcomming year is prc, wouldnt it be prudent to sell and load everything into prc?
    I will not sell. NZO owns 1/3rd of PRC-they will benefit from 1.increase in share price of prc(if that happens) 2. dividends from prc 3. coal contract from prc 4. Bonds to prc. One can argue that nzo is much more diversified than prc. We already know that both these companies have above average risks and hence one is not superior to the other. It is up to individual investor to decide.

I'm waiting for Roger I, Roger II, Roger III, Roger.... to talk down the share prices. Will it be a dollar? I love it!!

I don't worry much about the share prices low as I will have the 5 cent dividend to pay for the extravagance bills.
    Last edited by Bixbite; 29-08-2010 at 12:27 AM.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by friedegg View Post
    ome would expect a siummer drilling campaign as rigs are a tad cheap at present

m

Quote Originally Posted by Bixbite View Post
    I'm waiting for Roger I, Roger II, Roger III, Roger.... to talk down the share prices. Will it be a dollar? I love it!!

I don't worry much about the share prices low as I will have the 5 cent dividend to pay for the extravagance bills.
    I find it ridiculous to think someone could talk down or up the shareprice on a forum -_-

How big are your trading accounts?

It is perfectly ok to talk down or up the share price. This is an open forum and people share views-positive or negative. Nothing wrong with that. It has nothing to do with one's size of trading accounts-I dont see the logic of the post.

Quote Originally Posted by lissica View Post
    I find it ridiculous to think someone could talk down or up the shareprice on a forum -_-

How big are your trading accounts?
    As a small shareholder or a small share buyer, I don’t have the power to manipulate the share prices but I can catch the good situations to buy a little to please my share broker.

How big is my trading account?
    It is shame to tell publicly, I might be being removed by my share broker from his clients' list because of my small and non-active trade account.

Quote Originally Posted by RRR View Post
    It is perfectly ok to talk down or up the share price. This is an open forum and people share views-positive or negative. Nothing wrong with that. It has nothing to do with one's size of trading accounts-I dont see the logic of the post.
    What I was implying was that I find it hard to believe you'd make much difference to the shareprice just by talking about it, unless you have some ST readers with big accounts acting on opinions expressed on here.

And anyway, the whole point of a forum is to hear different views. The day everyone agreed on what NZO is worth I'd probably do the opposite.

Quote Originally Posted by Bixbite View Post
    How big is my trading account?
    It is shame to tell publicly, I might be being removed by my share broker from his clients' list because of my small and non-active trade account.
    It was a rhetorical question ~_~

Quote Originally Posted by Roger View Post
    Okay I conceed I may have got the year wrong but I can assure you that just after the original float the share price was $1.40. Some would like to give the misleading impression that NZO has shown a steadily improving share price over time. Nothing could be further from the truth. They may have paid 4 dividends in recent years but they are the only dividends ever paid in nearly 30 years of the company's existence.
    Roger, I may not have adequately conveyed just how popular the early 1980s O&G gas floats were. They were hugely oversubscribed. And when I say huge, I don't don't think I've seen anything like it since. The first day stags made profits of huge proportion. It was just a supply and demand thing. I can remember borrowing $10,000 (it seemed a lot of money then!) for the up-front application money knowing I'd get scalled back enormously - to a bare minimum as it proved, but you don't know that at the time. A lot of my frends and work-mates were doing the same thing. It doesn't surprise me if you now tell me the par 50 cent share went to $1.40 just after the float. It was a meaningless artifact - just the market madness at the time. Petro Taranaki and the others (was there a Great Southern Petroleum as well? Memeory is getting bad!) all did the same - stags made a killing. Then the first duster wells brought everyone back to earth.

Roger, I never bought NZO expecting a steadily increasing share price for the next 30 years. It's not like buying into a manufacturer's float, where a steady annual ROI can be expected once the plant has been built with the money raised. Minnow O&G explorers are about as raw an investment gamble as you can get. NZO has been the great survivor out of all those 1980's floats and, as I said in the previous comment, is now moving into that exciting producer territory. Big companies come out of that cohort. I've been around long enough to remember working in the stinking hot sun on the public wharf in Port Hedland in the 1970s, mixing dry cement and clay that was going offshore to an island I'd never heard of (Barrow Island) for a unknown two-cent company called Woodside. Look it up.

Ironically, if you want more regular shareholder value growth out of an oiler, you're now onto a winner. I reckon this is the time to be buying into NZO if that's your investment goal - the gamble component has diminshed significantly in the last few years.

I'm with Digger.
    Last edited by gambier33; 29-08-2010 at 06:52 PM. Reason: read digger's post