sharetrader
Page 978 of 1792 FirstFirst ... 478878928968974975976977978979980981982988102810781478 ... LastLast
Results 9,771 to 9,780 of 17911

SP up 4 cents today, I'd suggest the floor has been effectivly set at $1.20 cum divvy, with no apparent downside, that only leaves upside, a one sided bet ? Couldn't help myself and had another top-up purchase today, actions speak louder than words....

I wonder if NZX Surveillance will take a look at what date the NZO Board passed the resolution to enter into the buy-back arrangement, who was buying the heavy volumes late last week, and was it through any particular Broker......

MMM

Quote Originally Posted by Xerof View Post
    I wonder if NZX Surveillance will take a look at what date the NZO Board passed the resolution to enter into the buy-back arrangement, who was buying the heavy volumes late last week, and was it through any particular Broker......
    Yeah, right! And even if they did, what would they do - slap 'em on the wrist with a wet paper bag?
    "Annual income twenty pounds, annual expenditure nineteen six, result happiness . Annual income twenty pounds, annual expenditure twenty pounds ought and six, result misery."

Advanced Member

I don't mind admitting I have been topping up recently -last on 26 august at 1.19 .
    Had to suffer the Wrath of my wife when she found it on my margin lending account a few days later otherwise would have been topping up further last week .
    Simply you dont have to be on the nzo board to workout how undervalued this share is .
    I will be at the AGM to congratulate the board as to how well they have steered this company through difficult times .
    The future looks very profitable to me .

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by fish View Post
    I don't mind admitting I have been topping up recently -last on 26 august at 1.19 .
    Had to suffer the Wrath of my wife when she found it on my margin lending account a few days later otherwise would have been topping up further last week .
    Simply you dont have to be on the nzo board to workout how undervalued this share is .
    I will be at the AGM to congratulate the board as to how well they have steered this company through difficult times .
    The future looks very profitable to me .
    Must meet up with you Fish for the first time. Still considering your idea that we have a remit from the AGM to ban selling PIKE.The rosy future you see for NZO will get a quick shot in the arm if PIKE is sold but just a yeaR OR SO AFTER IT WILL BE SEEN AS A GIVE AWAY.One of mother natures earthquakes is about the only big problem standing in the way of a great future for that mine.Seems a shame to even think about selling after soooo long in getting developing under way with 20 to 40 years in front of it.

The buy back is interesting.Will certainly allow small holders to get out at a better deal than otherwise and give the holding NZO investers the benifit of the cheap buys.Watch this space.
    digger

Advanced Member

I do recall that Tap Oil had a heap of cash and embarked upon a very expensive share buyback , cancel script.
    This burnt an absolete heap of cash and today the sp is lower than what Tap Oil paid.

NZ should take care to NOT THROW TO MUCH MONEY AT IT

The buyback has helped sp by 5c today.

I am on the record as wanting to buy 30,000 nzo because shares were cheap at about 90c au [and the divi]

Am now leaning towards not selling 280,000 kas @ 11c to achieve that, instead will hang onto kas as they have a heap of upside.

If I miss out on divi and end up paying aud$1.20 for nzo then so be it - but I might only have to sell 200,000 kas as well.

Patience is required.

M

Default bold move

woow, what a bold move from nzog....this will really get the shares going.

Really is this the best they can come up with? what about using the money to find oil?

What a waste

Quote Originally Posted by notie View Post

Really is this the best they can come up with? what about using the money to find oil?

What a waste
    Does seem a desperate move

So they take in heaps of yoor money at $1.50 ... well done guys giving them this .... and then they use some of this to buy their own shares back .... seems like you guys would have been better off not giving them the $1.50 and saving it for a rainy day and buying sahres at $1.20 yourself .... but it has given NZO the warm fuzzies in holding so much cash eh

Quote Originally Posted by notie View Post

What a waste
    Totally disagree - It is about an insurance policy that will keep unwanted large predators away. It also means that the pie gets bigger for current shareholders who keep the same stake. Guess you were short before the announcement as I struggle to see any other reason to want NZO to trade at NAV with PRC only just producing

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Does seem a desperate move

So they take in heaps of yoor money at $1.50 ... well done guys giving them this .... and then they use some of this to buy their own shares back .... seems like you guys would have been better off not giving them the $1.50 and saving it for a rainy day and buying sahres at $1.20 yourself .... but it has given NZO the warm fuzzies in holding so much cash eh
    Winner69 you must be having a bad reasoning day as i can not remember reading any of your previous posts and wondering what pile of sand IS HIS HEAD STUCK IN. I bought heads at 1-50 and last year shares in lue at 1-60 but i do not in any way now blame NZO if they can pick up shares at 1-20 and cancell them. It is a different world. We had 4 chances to strick it rich and the world finanical system is not sure if it is coming or going.All that does leave NZO in a new ball game and it has to be picked up from here and carried forward. In hindsight you are however correct in saying we at 1-50 and 1-60 would have been better off not taking up the offer,and it hurts.
    I fully support NZO putting this small floor under the price and moving on. Lets talk about the future instead of just being wise about the past,or can you point to where last year at this time you said exactally these comments.
    The future lies now with our intension with our PIKE holding as well as drilling and acquistions.What do we do here and i mean before the event not that perfect hindsight stuff that we all get a year after all the dust has settled.
    digger