sharetrader
Page 99 of 1792 FirstFirst ... 498995969798991001011021031091491995991099 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Shrewd Crude View Post
    xxamr_corpxx,

Dr WHO...
    where have you been for the last 5 years?....
    CFD-contract for difference... Its a derivitive...
    its kind of like buying a house,....you only pay down small deposit and use providers/banks money as leverage, you pay interest on your position... you can go short and profit from falling prices...
    stocks, indicies, exchange rate,commodity positions can be opened...
    you can open up a big investment with small outlay of cash...

.^sc
    Thanks for the explanation. Is this similar to margin lending? I usually only but the head shares and not a big gambler with large balls for high risk derivatives. Where can one learn more about CFD and who to contact?
    Having got ourselves into a debt-induced economic crisis, the only permanent way out is to reduce the debt – either directly by abolishing large slabs of it, or indirectly by inflating it away.

Advanced Member

Hey Mac,
    What is it with you?
    You and I both know;
    1. NZO is substantially undervalued.
    2. The Tui project is absolutely coining it at record crude prices
    3. The Pike project, while still full of risk in the investor's mind, is going to be a seriously good project at record forecast coking coal prices
    4.The Kupe project is on track and there is a better than even chance that there will be a huge reserve increase once additional drills are made in the area.

Are you trying to knock the price down and have yourself a private feed?

I value your posts but really your obseession with NZO blunts your mana.

DISC: NZO,PRC,BAS,BOW,VPE,VPEO,NWE,TEX,PES,

Macca,
    These are the only stocks I own. Do you think I would hold NZO,PRC if I didnt think there was a big future for them?
    Check out the others.

Advanced Member

Agree Bermuda - looks like a serious case of downramping to me; he may be succeeding!

Advanced Member

BERMUDA, Looking back in hindesight in what i have posted on sharetrader show me one thing that i got wrong with NZO. I lay the challenge out to all the blue eyed investors tell me what i got wrong up to this point in time, now that you can judge me with hindesight. I also lay the challenge out that i stated at the start that i valued the options at 5c I now state that they are worthless. Hindesight is the proof of the pudding which is still in the making. So far Macdunk 10 out of 10 blue, eyed brigade still with fingers crossed. Dont judge me in what might be, judge me in what i said would happen, and has come to pass. When it all comes to pass the parcel will you blame me for your stupidity?, or will you learn from the experience and move on. Macdunk

Quote Originally Posted by duncan macgregor View Post
    BERMUDA, Looking back in hindesight in what i have posted on sharetrader show me one thing that i got wrong with NZO. I lay the challenge out to all the blue eyed investors tell me what i got wrong up to this point in time, now that you can judge me with hindesight. I also lay the challenge out that i stated at the start that i valued the options at 5c I now state that they are worthless. Hindesight is the proof of the pudding which is still in the making. So far Macdunk 10 out of 10 blue, eyed brigade still with fingers crossed. Dont judge me in what might be, judge me in what i said would happen, and has come to pass. When it all comes to pass the parcel will you blame me for your stupidity?, or will you learn from the experience and move on. Macdunk
    You still don't get in Macdunk. Its the constantly repeating the same phrases time after time. If you want to pick one thing is you lack of foresight in picking the options to more than triple on what you sold them at. If that isnt wrong nothing is.

The flip side to what you are saying is, where has Bermuda got his points wrong in hindsight? I would have to say hes been far more accurate than you. The big difference is Bermuda doesnt gloat on how much he sold his options for (at a profit).

Advanced Member

Bermuda can you give me a email. I do not seems to have got through with my last two to you.
    digger

Advanced Member

Talking

Good on you NITA you can give me a real blast at the st meeting on the 15th. Bad language at two paces i promise to let you have the first five minutes. Seriously though you should keep emotion out of investing or gambling decisions all the time. I backed Lenox Lewis to beat David TUA in Australia at four to one and david Tua to beat Lenox Lewis in NZ at four to one. I really didnt give a sh*t who won i only knew it was going to be me. I always back Australia to beat NZ in NZ and NZ to beat Australia in Australia you should think about that, and learn when it comes to money leave emotion out of it, or join the losers. To many emotional investors throwing money away being all emotional. Macdunk

Quote Originally Posted by Dr_Who View Post
    Thanks for the explanation. Is this similar to margin lending? I usually only but the head shares and not a big gambler with large balls for high risk derivatives. Where can one learn more about CFD and who to contact?
    I've opened an account with cmcmarkets.co.nz .. ask them and they will send an info pack...
    plenty of info on their site tho.
    you need $1000 in an account to trade forex/metals, need $5k to trade share cfd's.
    Forex has 1% margin requirement, and no charge to trade. i.e. as many trades as you like for no commission. (share cfd's attract fees) Software seems good too (and free).

my friend. i have never ever backed nz teams in nz tab, not the warriors, crusader or whatever. However on several occasions i have backed other countries or overseas teams on the local tab if they have playd in nz subject to me believing the odds warrant it.i f you have read my post in the off market forum i even stated that the odds for the ab's to win the world cup was one of the most silliest bets. not just in nz but with overseas bookies. simple reason if you go by stats alone (not just world cup stats) you would have backed them with the odds they were paying. to clarify your point, i avoid where possible to take any emotion out of gambling or investing.

I am already in profit of nzo plus i have free carry on what is left in my nzo portfilio. Remember, i first brought nzo back in early 2002 or 2003. this is when nzo got as low as 25 or 25 cps and the options were at 6cps. You do the math.

Point is macdunk, i or most others dont keep gloating or keep repeating the same ol thing. You have some very good imput but i just dont get it when you repeat the same shet different day stuff

Quote Originally Posted by duncan macgregor View Post
    BERMUDA, Looking back in hindesight in what i have posted on sharetrader show me one thing that i got wrong with NZO. I lay the challenge out to all the blue eyed investors tell me what i got wrong up to this point in time, now that you can judge me with hindesight.
    OK, I'll accept the challenge - not really much of a challenge for me though

I don't take much notice of what you say macdunk - one would have to be a total nutcase to take you seriously. However I do take notice of what you do - (I find it interesting to watch what the dumb money is doing)
    you bought a truckload of shares at $1.18 and sold them two yrs later at 90c:o

It doesn't matter what you say or have said in the past - your not going to recoup your losses on NZO by continuously bad mouthing the company.

Although I am disappointed with the shareprice performance over the past 6 months, I am, along with other long term holders, sitting on a healthy profit with my NZO shares
    He who lives by the crystal ball soon learns to eat ground glass. (Edgar Fiedler)