sharetrader
Page 146 of 174 FirstFirst ... 4696136142143144145146147148149150156 ... LastLast
Results 1,451 to 1,460 of 1740

Great result for the Banks and Bond holders. They get made whole while equity holders get to carry what looks to be a very heavy can down a rather long road...

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by moimoi View Post
    Great result for the Banks and Bond holders. They get made whole while equity holders get to carry what looks to be a very heavy can down a rather long road...
    Tend to agree with that. Might be time to go short AIA if the price is right.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    Underwritten so they will get the money.
    I was somewhat surprised at the cap raise, and even more so the rather large size of it (and dilution it will create), and talk of impairment not idea either.. but I suppose at the end of the day, $4.50 is attractive for a monopolistic company with substantial exposure to freight and commercial property - areas which will only grow over time.
    While it might not get back to nearly $10 anytime fast, I would think we'd be back into the $6's (a rise of 33% from $4.50...) fairly fast, hence as a holder, (who brought in at $4.50 fairly recently), I'll be more than happy to participate at or below my recent entry price.
    Last edited by trader_jackson; 06-04-2020 at 11:33 AM.

I wanted it at $4.

Permanent Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    I for one do not want my ratepayer money, (or future ratepayer money if the Auckland Council borrow to fund this rights issue) going into this sector. I agree Peat, it will be many years before AIA are earning an acceptable return on investment again.
    I would suggest Auckland Council can print up as much as they like if they want to participate in a capital raise. Probably at exceptionally low rates too.
    https://www.msn.com/en-nz/money/news...cid=spartanntp

I do not get this. 20% more equity , no real revenue for 2 or so years , and a price of 4.66. I have not seen any projections to go with the issue. I have shares , not certain if we will take up the SPP. Probably won't.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by horus1 View Post
    I do not get this. 20% more equity , no real revenue for 2 or so years , and a price of 4.66. I have not seen any projections to go with the issue. I have shares , not certain if we will take up the SPP. Probably won't.
    2 years? I think you way out there.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by ratkin View Post
    How long do you think? I think that it may take perhaps 5 years to get back up the passenger volumes prior to the epidemic and the resulting recession. That is not to say that AIA will not remain a lynchpin of the NZ economy.
    Last edited by Bjauck; 07-04-2020 at 10:11 AM.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by ratkin View Post
    Depends what you define as "real", but I certainly wouldn't say it is anything near 2 years of "no real revenue", probably not even half a year of "no real revenue".

Insto placement all done and dusted at $4.66 AFR reporting.

I would think SPP is going to be bigly oversubscribed.

Quote Originally Posted by trader_jackson View Post
    Depends what you define as "real", but I certainly wouldn't say it is anything near 2 years of "no real revenue", probably not even half a year of "no real revenue".

Insto placement all done and dusted at $4.66 AFR reporting.

I would think SPP is going to be bigly oversubscribed.
    And Auckland Council decided to pass - getting diluted to 18% and missing on any upside of the placement shares.