sharetrader
Page 126 of 174 FirstFirst ... 2676116122123124125126127128129130136 ... LastLast
Results 1,251 to 1,260 of 1740

Quote Originally Posted by value_investor View Post
    - The plans of the new govt ie. Light rail to the Airport which will affect parking revenues if implemented
    Considering the recent investment Skybus have been subsequent to acquiring the airporter service, I'm sure they aren't happy either.

I understand that Skybus do pay AIA a fairly tidy fee for using the airport (as opposed to the urban 380 service for example), but I do not know the exact figure. Another potential loss of revenue for AIA, albeit relatively small.

Go The Warriors "This Year!"

Quote Originally Posted by Zaphod View Post
    Considering the recent investment Skybus have been subsequent to acquiring the airporter service, I'm sure they aren't happy either.

I understand that Skybus do pay AIA a fairly tidy fee for using the airport (as opposed to the urban 380 service for example), but I do not know the exact figure. Another potential loss of revenue for AIA, albeit relatively small.
    I don't think a potential rail link of any kind would impact too much on AIAL. They would demand a license fee for a train using AIAL just the same as Skybus do at the moment as well as the taxi companies e.t.c. ...this off course will be passed on to the rail patrons making the service too expensive especially for the thousands of Airport workers who commute to the Airport daily ..

I would imagine it would be similar to Sydney - Train fare to from Circular Quay to Airport about $4 - plus "airport fee" of $12 or similar.

Quote Originally Posted by Benny1 View Post
    I don't think a potential rail link of any kind would impact too much on AIAL. They would demand a license fee for a train using AIAL just the same as Skybus do at the moment as well as the taxi companies e.t.c. ...this off course will be passed on to the rail patrons making the service too expensive especially for the thousands of Airport workers who commute to the Airport daily ..
    Maybe, but the AT 380 service apparently doesn't pay AIAL for access to the site, so I wonder what deal would be struck for train access? All conjecture at this point admittedly.

Quote Originally Posted by value_investor View Post
    Just to be clear though because my post above looks very negative. I still think the company has strong fundamentals and that the company is still well managed even with the headwinds. Its just overvalued and there is just better buying, when the prices stablise at hopefully in the mid to high fives.
    Well it got down to nearly $6 and does seem to be on its way out of the down trend maybe? . Some have a value at 7.10 I think . So around 17% to be had possibly, although up 4% from the bottom now.

still liking the possibility of a quick move to 7.00 now that we moved up 5% in two days of those lows - which had me beginning to reconsider.

Quote Originally Posted by peat View Post
    I had a look at this the other night and found one pattern that I thought was interesting and indicative.
    Attachment 9192
    It does however have the bearish fall from 7.75 to fight against so there could be a bit of interesting tension before/if the bullish pattern takes hold.
    Fundamentally , who wouldnt love a monopoly
    For clarity, nothing I say is advice....

Guru

When will Auckland Councils shares be on the block?

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by kiora View Post
    When will Auckland Councils shares be on the block?
    Yes...selling AIA and then all the foreshore land after the port is moved to Northland should provide plenty of money for the infrastructure that Auckland requires. And create room for the Americas cup !

Nice recovery back to 6.76 following my identification of value in late Oct and again in Nov.

However at the moment the monkey throwing darts would likely do well as this month of Dec appears to be benefitting from a weight of money thats driving the market higher in general - not that many stocks missing out.
    For clarity, nothing I say is advice....

Quote Originally Posted by peat View Post
    Nice recovery back to 6.76 following my identification of value in late Oct and again in Nov.

However at the moment the monkey throwing darts would likely do well as this month of Dec appears to be benefitting from a weight of money thats driving the market higher in general - not that many stocks missing out.
    With January around the corner and the relative optimism in the market, I'm not sure if the rise is very much warranted considering the guidance is very weak on this. However, in this bull market anything is possible because we don't really look at how well the company is doing anymore. The 'specu-vestors' keep striking..