sharetrader
Page 144 of 174 FirstFirst ... 4494134140141142143144145146147148154 ... LastLast
Results 1,431 to 1,440 of 1740

Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    Second runway to be funded by a rights issue with Auckland Council contribution to the capital raise from the government?
    Will it be required it any time in the near-term? I think we're more likely to see roads and rail prioritised, especially if re-election is a goal.
    Last edited by Zaphod; 02-04-2020 at 09:31 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Arthur View Post
    Is Auckland Council already at the top of it's debt limits?
    Auckland Councils debt is just under $9b about 2.5x revenue.

My District Council was so keen to join LGFA (Local Government Funding Agency) they blissfully agreed to joint and several liability for other councils debt. I expect if Auckland's bonds go base over apex it will show up in my rates bill.
    Has anyone pointed out to them how stupid such an agreement for others liability is? I guess we should be lucky you're in Hollywood.

Perhaps you can approach your local council for a personal guarantee on any loan you hold....

Veteran novice

Yes, very dangerous objects, guarantees. No guarantor ever expects to be called on to perform!

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Zaphod View Post
    Will it be required it any time in the near-term? I think we're more likely to see roads and rail prioritised, especially if re-election is a goal.
    Second runway would be a white elephant. It should be postponed perhaps for quite a few years. International travel will likely have a long way to go before we get to last year's levels.

Likewise roads. Hopefully many businesses and universities will keep up with the moves to working and studying from home, thereby reducing the need to increase roading capacity for peak times.

Quick off mark .... $1.2 billion cap raise

Most going to insto’s as a placement ....mum and dads get a little bite of the cherry with a SPP but first impression a fair bit of dilution for them.

http://nzx-prod-s7fsd7f98s.s3-websit...293/320374.pdf
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Veteran novice

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post

Most going to insto’s as a placement ....mum and dads get a little bite of the cherry with a SPP but first impression a fair bit of dilution for them.

Yes, dilution of small shareholders, but that's seems to be the way that such things are done these days.

Disc: Holding - and expect to have a nibble at the SPP.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by macduffy View Post
    Yes, dilution of small shareholders, but that's seems to be the way that such things are done these days.

Disc: Holding - and expect to have a nibble at the SPP.
    I wonder where all this money is going to come from? Are the smart companies getting in early so that they can get the cash they need to remain solvent?

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post

$4.50 floor price for the CR. That would be only 45% of the 12 month high of $9.90 - i.e. 55% down.

Just wondering whether this is setting a baseline for this bear market (for pristine key infrastructure companies, this is) - or is this still one of the cases of "first up, best dressed"?
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by BlackPeter View Post
    $4.50 floor price for the CR. That would be only 45% of the 12 month high of $9.90 - i.e. 55% down.

Just wondering whether this is setting a baseline for this bear market (for pristine key infrastructure companies, this is) - or is this still one of the cases of "first up, best dressed"?
    Yeah interesting isn't it. I tend to think its a case of "first up, best dressed". Surely the money will run out at some stage or am I reading this all wrong. If I were a board looking at getting more liquidity on our books, I would rather go now than later.