sharetrader
Page 131 of 174 FirstFirst ... 3181121127128129130131132133134135141 ... LastLast
Results 1,301 to 1,310 of 1740

Quote Originally Posted by limmy View Post
    Now that AIA has stayed above $9 for awhile, will they split the shares again ?
    If I remember correctly, it was 5 for 1 before.
    Closed at $9.80. It is now the second biggest in the NZX behind Meridian energy

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Bluedog View Post
    As a longtime holder of AIA and my perspective from the U.S., I offer the following observation. The uncertainty of China - U.S. trade (ie tariffs, the 5G confrontation, China's man made militarized islands, & Hong Kong takeover ambitions) favors an increase trade, air traffic, in both New Zealand and Australia (got milk?).
    Secondly, Europe's loss of tourist appeal (safety concerns) by the U.S. and many others, enhances New Zealand safe destination appeal.
    AIA's buildout is already pushing the share price.
    Really..after ChCh is NZ still regarded as a safe haven? Considering our small population and the mass casualty event we suffered, I imagine many European countries would now have a safer record.

Do Americans consider that Europe is less safe than their own country? Taking into account mass shootings, gun crime, stabbings and risk of terrorism, I would think that the USA is more unsafe. Obviously it depends whereabouts in Europe and whereabouts in the USA you would intend to travel.

AIA is an excellent stock to own in an excellent country, NZ.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by limmy View Post
    AIA is an excellent stock to own in an excellent country, NZ.
    Undoubtedly AIA has been an excellent share to own. Those Canadians may be kicking themselves that they could not grab it? I am certainly kicking myself for having sold down. At least AIA has been a good company that remained on the NZX.

Kudos too for NZ if it has been able to maintain a safe haven appeal despite events, both at the hand of man and not. NZ managed to foster a “100% pure image”. Marketing bluster? Image and reality for various people can diverge.

As far as being at risk from humans is concerned:
    (approximately)
    Europe has a homicide rate of 3/100,000 people.
    USA has a rate of 5.3/100,000 and
    NZ has a rate of 1/100,000

Within Europe many countries are safer than NZ. The following have lower murder rates than NZ: Italy, Greece, Spain, Portugal, Poland, Denmark, Norway, Netherlands, Switzerland.

So both NZ and Europe (especially some nations in Europe) would be safer havens for Americans. Of course within those countries the actual experience of various communities would differ from average as would the experience of those who were non-fatally injured at the hand of another person.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List..._homicide_rate

I think it is immigration that has and is providing a substantial stimulation for AIA. NZ (and especially Auckland) immigration has been and is at a level that would probably surprise many a Trumpist or Brexiter. New immigrants favour Auckland where there is a cosmopolitan community. New NZers are often wealthier and younger than the average NZer and will travel overseas more frequently. They also have family overseas who want to visit them in Auckland. This all is grist to the AIA mill.
    Last edited by Bjauck; 27-06-2019 at 09:19 PM.

Massive volume going through AIA - 7m shares so far.

Looks like heading back to $10.00

Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    Massive volume going through AIA - 7m shares so far.

Looks like heading back to $10.00
    good a the last lot i brought was at $6 there about
    one step ahead of the herd

IMO

Climate change immigrants will be the biggest sector in the future. Maybe AIA need to build an international airport in invercargill soon

Quote Originally Posted by Joshuatree View Post
    Climate change immigrants will be the biggest sector in the future. Maybe AIA need to build an international airport in invercargill soon
    You must be one of Sir Tim's mate's suggesting that Invercargill have international airport

IMO

Nah ,saw him at a Nambassa or Sweetwaters festival entertaining the masses.I like to think about the future and outside the squares,Tim certainly used to do that.

Veteran novice

Today's result hasn't been well received by the market - SP down 17c.

May have been a bit of over-anticipation - or perhaps overlooking the fact that last year's profit was boosted by the sale of the shareholding in Nth Queensland Airports.