sharetrader
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Foley Family Wines

A quiet company on the NZAX. I have been interested in their progress, acquiring a good stable of NZ wineries, the latest being 'Mt Difficulty'. Add that to Grove Mill, Vavasour, Te Kairanga......++ The share price has been a bit static at 142c lately, but today there were four trades... someones interested...... Anyone got any thoughts?

I have bought them . The majority shareholder is a good operator I think. Long term hold

Auny shareholder benefits? Discounted cases?

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by minimoke View Post
    Auny shareholder benefits? Discounted cases?
    You might get a discount entry into this MM........

https://mtdifficultyascent.com/

Only done the half. Has 1km that is 1km in distance horizontally (obviously), but 500m vertically.

Quote Originally Posted by Sideshow Bob View Post
    You might get a discount entry into this MM........

https://mtdifficultyascent.com/

Only done the half. Has 1km that is 1km in distance horizontally (obviously), but 500m vertically.
    Unfortunately a bit hobbled at the moment. Managed a 400m over 5km earlier in the year and that was bad enough. But incentive of a winery at the end. Hmmm. May be next year.

Guru

Unfortunately a bit hobbled at the moment. Managed a 400m over 5km earlier in the year and that was bad enough. But incentive of a winery at the end. Hmmm. May be next year.
    Bit of Mt D Pinot Noir will cure that! Either that or ease the pain....

Hopefully they arent taineted by this: https://www.stuff.co.nz/business/103...y-suppressions given its aomehting that wil impact on NZ wine industry. (Suppression a total joke since people concerned have already been publicly named and situation well known within wine industry)

Heres my wager - they will be found guilty

I was looking at the two main wine companies - Delegats and Foleys. I was impressed with the 'stable' of wineries that Foleys had. And looking at their exportingg potential - offices in 9 countries..... And the cost of sp entry..... looking good!

But 'minimoke' has thrown a spanner in the works......

(Suppression a total joke since people concerned have already been publicly named and situation well known within wine industry)

Heres my wager - they will be found guilty)

How do I find out who is "they"????

Heres the thing Garfy. Suppression orders prevent people from identifying the accused as well as giving clues that might identify the accused. So I have to tread carefully so as to not end up in the sh1te or put the forum owner in the sh1te.

So lets steer away from questions about the accused.

Anyone in the industry will know about this case and how important it is and how potentially harmful it is to the NZ wine industry. Do I see the industry tanking - No. Am I excited about export potential and an easy road into markets - no. Do I have faith in MPI - no. Is my faith in the NZ wine industry rattled - yes.

Would I consider buying shares in a company that offered me a discount as a shareholder on case lots and half price entry into events - well that would cause me to make a wee investment.

Garfy - I see you have 46 posts to your name so I'm going to assume you are relatively new to this game - no offense meant. There is a standard saying DYOR. Do your Own Research and answers to investments may be found

(Disclaimer - I am not suggesting anything about Foleys. I haven't followed their money trail so hold no view at all on them. Other than I am a bit partial to some Grove Mill and Te Kairanga)

Advanced Member

Heres the thing Garfy. Suppression orders prevent people from identifying the accused as well as giving clues that might identify the accused. So I have to tread carefully so as to not end up in the sh1te or put the forum owner in the sh1te.

So lets steer away from questions about the accused.

Anyone in the industry will know about this case and how important it is and how potentially harmful it is to the NZ wine industry. Do I see the industry tanking - No. Am I excited about export potential and an easy road into markets - no. Do I have faith in MPI - no. Is my faith in the NZ wine industry rattled - yes.

Would I consider buying shares in a company that offered me a discount as a shareholder on case lots and half price entry into events - well that would cause me to make a wee investment.

Garfy - I see you have 46 posts to your name so I'm going to assume you are relatively new to this game - no offense meant. There is a standard saying DYOR. Do your Own Research and answers to investments may be found

(Disclaimer - I am not suggesting anything about Foleys. I haven't followed their money trail so hold no view at all on them. Other than I am a bit partial to some Grove Mill and Te Kairanga)
    One of your wiser post's.. :-)))))