sharetrader
Page 148 of 174 FirstFirst ... 4898138144145146147148149150151152158 ... LastLast
Results 1,471 to 1,480 of 1740

Air New Zealand are saying they are going to be 30% of their original size! Have these clowns actually done any homework,most of the Duty free stores and cafes are probably going to have to close,it's going to get real messy before it improves.I would not be putting any of my hard earned into this,I am sure they will be looking for more money in 12 months time.
    Probably just as well that I am not holding

Quote Originally Posted by Snoopy View Post
    I think Auckland Council had no choice. Uncle Phil is on record as saying they are right at the top of their debt limits.

SNOOPY
    Well, ACC had 22% of AIA so they could have obtained 22% of the $1 billion of the institutional book build = 47m shares

Sell out at market, say 50c gain = $23.5m

Could have come in handy to pay for some of Phil's PR expenses, eh?

What a bunch of monkeys.

Quote Originally Posted by steveb View Post
    Air New Zealand are saying they are going to be 30% of their original size! Have these clowns actually done any homework,most of the Duty free stores and cafes are probably going to have to close,it's going to get real messy before it improves.I would not be putting any of my hard earned into this,I am sure they will be looking for more money in 12 months time.

AIA is a long term infrastructure asset & a monopoly - a year is nothing in the life of an asset like that.

A good farmer does not devalue or sell his farm in a drought year.

IMO

Quote Originally Posted by trader_jackson View Post
    Depends what you define as "real", but I certainly wouldn't say it is anything near 2 years of "no real revenue", probably not even half a year of "no real revenue".

Insto placement all done and dusted at $4.66 AFR reporting.

I would think SPP is going to be bigly oversubscribed.
    Sure was i got zilch. Oh well maybe another opp in the next few weeks/ months.

Yeah I know a manager at the duty free set of stores (which encompasses a wide ranging set of stores in each airport) and they're in really bad shape...not even paying employees at all (take leave, or leave... essentially)

Hey Steveb

Air NZ estimate they will reemerge possibly at 70% of their current size.

Guru

I thought that The capital raising should take care of operational and cash flow obligations until the end of 2021. Why are you “sure that they will be looking for more money” before then? I presume you were referring to AIA. Add to the capital raising, the fact that they have suspended dividends and have received waivers and extensions of bank facilities, then they seem well positioned for even a fairly pessimistic forecast for a Covid scenario.

are retail investors getting an opportunity to take part of the capital raising?

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by BlackPeter View Post
    ... and there is another crisis which might bite AIA. From memory their only runway is quite close to the sea. Does anybody know how much above sea level this runway is? Allow a bit more global warming and it might be unusable. If it survives the next 3 decades (which is in my view not a given), than at a PE of 30 investors might just get their capital back - without any interest.
    You are sounding a bit too desperate in trying to sound negative

Veteran novice

Quote Originally Posted by voltage View Post
    are retail investors getting an opportunity to take part of the capital raising?
    Yes, via a SPP.