sharetrader
Page 130 of 174 FirstFirst ... 3080120126127128129130131132133134140 ... LastLast
Results 1,291 to 1,300 of 1740

Quote Originally Posted by Bjauck View Post
    . That is hefty. Would make it more worthwhile getting a taxi or Uber. All part of the expense of travelling. Land is expensive in Auckland and consequently car parking is expensive. Time for Auckland to get serious about public transport links to the airport and reduce the demand for private car parking?
    AIA parking is strictly for those who want the convenience of parking as close as possible to the terminal. All about demand and supply, and convenience.

There's actually plenty of parking around the area (e.g. Aeroparks charges $30 for first day, $33 for 2 days and $39 for 3 days etc, cheaper as it goes for more and more days.

A shuttle bus takes users to and fro the carpark to the terminal every 10 minutes - and the terminal is but 5 minutes away.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    AIA parking is strictly for those who want the convenience of parking as close as possible to the terminal. All about demand and supply, and convenience.

There's actually plenty of parking around the area (e.g. Aeroparks charges $30 for first day, $33 for 2 days and $39 for 3 days etc, cheaper as it goes for more and more days.

A shuttle bus takes users to and fro the carpark to the terminal every 10 minutes - and the terminal is but 5 minutes away.
    Exactly. You pay for the convenience of parking close to the terminal and you pay for the opportunity cost of preventing others from parking close to the terminal. It is a valuable space that you choose to occupy. Just like you would expect to pay more for a section in Parnell compared to the same sized section in Papakura.

Veteran novice

Just another example of one man's shrewd investment being another man's "extortion". I'm with the former here.

The closing price for this monopoly is all time high, I just wondering they may consider of having another share split.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jim View Post
    The closing price for this monopoly is all time high, I just wondering they may consider of having another share split.

Yes what's driving this price increase?
    Happy holder.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Skies View Post
    Happy holder.
    The fact it is a monopoly. It would all change if another airport was in Auckland.

Veteran novice

Quote Originally Posted by Jim View Post
    Why?

I can't see any point in a share split. Shouldn't we instead want to see a few big numbers on the NZX? Other bourses aren't shy about having $100 + equivalent stocks.

Ignorant. Just ignorant.

Quote Originally Posted by macduffy View Post
    Why?

I can't see any point in a share split. Shouldn't we instead want to see a few big numbers on the NZX? Other bourses aren't shy about having $100 + equivalent stocks.
    One observation is that New Zealanders perceive anything over $5 per share as expensive, and to be avoided.

Another is that more on issue shares enhances liquidity - I think Infratil mentioned this a decade or so ago.

Default Recent share price surge

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Skies View Post
    Happy holder.
    As a longtime holder of AIA and my perspective from the U.S., I offer the following observation. The uncertainty of China - U.S. trade (ie tariffs, the 5G confrontation, China's man made militarized islands, & Hong Kong takeover ambitions) favors an increase trade, air traffic, in both New Zealand and Australia (got milk?).
    Secondly, Europe's loss of tourist appeal (safety concerns) by the U.S. and many others, enhances New Zealand safe destination appeal.
    AIA's buildout is already pushing the share price.
    Last edited by Bluedog; 25-06-2019 at 02:50 AM.
    Dick

Now that AIA has stayed above $9 for awhile, will they split the shares again ?
    If I remember correctly, it was 5 for 1 before.