sharetrader
Page 128 of 174 FirstFirst ... 2878118124125126127128129130131132138 ... LastLast
Results 1,271 to 1,280 of 1740

How come no one's posted about AIA since January?

Quote Originally Posted by Sinvester View Post
    How come no one's posted about AIA since January?
    It's all Ticky-boo

Quote Originally Posted by waikare View Post
    It's all Ticky-boo
    Thanks waikare, usually something is said when annual report comes out, I'm looking at investing but seems a bit on the expensive side, might have to wait until next crash!

Quote Originally Posted by Sinvester View Post
    Thanks waikare, usually something is said when annual report comes out, I'm looking at investing but seems a bit on the expensive side, might have to wait until next crash!
    Hope you don't mean crash as in airplane crash!

Quote Originally Posted by steveb View Post
    Hope you don't mean crash as in airplane crash!
    Geez I'm not that evil!! I meant market crash.

IMO

Market crash still coming.Meanwhile who could have imagined the recovery since your post Sinvester, not me for one. It gives me an even better opp to take more money out of the mkt.

Meanwhile a bit of stick has AIA reducing prices
    "Auckland Airport has reduced its target return from 6.99% to 6.62%, compared to the Commission’s benchmark for airports of 6.41%."

1H19 Interim Results Presentation 34 pages 2.9MB

s/p up a tad.

Quite the average result relative to share price on this one. The thing that surprises me most is that the share price is holding up. Air NZ signaled a slowing in passenger numbers and this seems to be re-iterated here by AIA.

A lot more growth in other income sources than the aeronautical but passenger growth drives growth in parking, retail and hotel etc which is troubling going forward.

If they hit the top of that guidance range, that still puts them on a forward PE of 32 which is well outside my comfort zone. I sold my holdings not too long ago believing that PE would be re-rated to normal numbers but so far I've been proved wrong.

AIA's share price went up to all time high to $8 today, what is the rationale of its share price gone astronomical ?

Veteran novice

Quote Originally Posted by Jim View Post
    AIA's share price went up to all time high to $8 today, what is the rationale of its share price gone astronomical ?
    I would think that it's just a reflection of the fact that NZX indices are at, or near, all time highs - plus the scarcity of quality stocks these days.

AIA are absolutely rorting customers blind with their predatory pricing on casual parking rates at the airport. Uncovered parking for one day $50. Highway robbery in my opinion.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine