sharetrader
Page 112 of 174 FirstFirst ... 1262102108109110111112113114115116122162 ... LastLast
Results 1,111 to 1,120 of 1740

Page 78/79/80 of the Financial Report makes interesting reading about how they remunerate staff and keep them motivated

Of interest 128 employees get over $100k
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Guru

I have no issue with bonus pools increasing in good times, but a flat bonus to all employees is not best practice. it doesn't incentivise good work, just freeloading retention. The good staff are worth more than $1,500 so could still decide to leave, yet the bad staff will stay because they hope to get a 'free' bonus next year too.

Quote Originally Posted by Harvey Specter View Post
    I have no issue with bonus pools increasing in good times, but a flat bonus to all employees is not best practice. it doesn't incentivise good work, just freeloading retention. The good staff are worth more than $1,500 so could still decide to leave, yet the bad staff will stay because they hope to get a 'free' bonus next year too.
    AIA is a monopoly cash cow. It doesn't matter who the staffs are they still make money in bad time and they make very good money in good time. I hold AIA since listed and never sold any but buy it when Mr Market offer a bargain

Aspiring to be an Awesome Bear

Quote Originally Posted by Jim View Post
    AIA is a monopoly cash cow. It doesn't matter who the staffs are they still make money in bad time and they make very good money in good time. I hold AIA since listed and never sold any but buy it when Mr Market offer a bargain
    Having stupidly sold some recently at $7.00 I would be keen to buy some back at a bargin price but I cant see that happening for a while...if ever. Will probably end up buying back the ones I sold if they ever go back to $7.00

Quote Originally Posted by Jim View Post
    IMO highly skilled and committed staff can make a material difference to the profitability of a business regardless of their status as a monopoly. Hopefully those that are ideologically opposed to the incentive paid to employees sell, thereby providing a bargain buying opportunity for committed investors.

Quote Originally Posted by Harvey Specter View Post
    Perhaps if AIA's HR policies and procedures are finely tuned, then non-performing staff should either be removed or never hired in the first place.

As a coincidence, I've been reading through some HR studies that dismiss the practice of incentivising employees via bonuses or commissions. Perhaps the tide is turning.

Craigs have a sell on the stock

Quote Originally Posted by Zaphod View Post
    IMO highly skilled and committed staff can make a material difference to the profitability of a business regardless of their status as a monopoly. Hopefully those that are ideologically opposed to the incentive paid to employees sell, thereby providing a bargain buying opportunity for committed investors.
    I have no problem with incentive plans so I wont be selling. Such plans can be good - give your staff something additional to aim for and reward them on achievement. Its the willy nilly handing out of the owners cash to individuals with no evidence of their actual individual contribution (over and above their job) to the enhanced profit that i ma opposed to. Talk about privatizing the loss and socializing the profit! (thats something you wont see in the text books)

Quote Originally Posted by voltage View Post
    Craigs have a sell on the stock
    but stress that they only do this because of a perceived market overvaluation. (cf any criticism of the company itself).