sharetrader
Page 116 of 175 FirstFirst ... 1666106112113114115116117118119120126166 ... LastLast
Results 1,151 to 1,160 of 1741
    Dilettante

Quote Originally Posted by Subway View Post
    I'm not really sure a new airport is the solution, they haven't reached capacity yet, and by most airport standards, Auckland isn't that busy.

Who would you relocate to Whenuapai? Low Cost Airlines? But Which? What would you do with all the passengers who need to make connections?

What they do need to do is seriously re think transport in the area.

Perhaps have a remote drop off and pick up and use a people mover to get passengers to the terminals. This could also connect with light rail to Onehunga/connect to the City, the key is to get cars away from the blocked drop off and pick up areas and the feeder roads.
    You may well be right that they have not reached capacity yet subway but they have seriously under invested for many years now and have very little chance of catching up with the fast growing tourism and other travel business. Auckland International Airport is a mess at the moment. We have other international airports in Wellington and Christchurch. A large number of tourists travel the South Island. Increased flights to and from Christchurch in my view is the obvious solution to ease Auckland's congestion that will only grow

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    You may well be right that they have not reached capacity yet subway but they have seriously under invested for many years now and have very little chance of catching up with the fast growing tourism and other travel business. Auckland International Airport is a mess at the moment. We have other international airports in Wellington and Christchurch. A large number of tourists travel the South Island. Increased flights to and from Christchurch in my view is the obvious solution to ease Auckland's congestion that will only grow
    I think the other issue is the divergence between AIA being an airport, and being a property trust that happens to be an airport too. I mentioned this at a bond presso a few years ago when they mentioned the need for a second runway, based on projections and the rationalisation of flights into the country (the new Sydney Airport, sending flights to ChCh and Queenstown out of Aus instead) I couldn’t see that Auckland Airport would need a second runway in the near future. But, freeing up that land to develop commercial property around the airport is just going to make the congestion problems worse.

Hunting for Heuristic trends

Perhaps extend Hamilton's runway.. a LOT.
    And build a Suspension Railway (A train hanging from a central tubing system) but the high speed version between the two centers, right into downtown Auckland.

Auckland has already spread over the bombay hills and both places will join in ... a while. Lay the ground work now and prepare the future for high speed mass transit.

And draw up a suspension link to Tauranga while they are at it.

A 300 to 400 kmph train would put Auckland within easy commuting range for a house in Hamilton and also the Bay of Plenty.
    Last edited by arc; 25-01-2017 at 10:22 PM.

Herbacious

Given how long the Waikato Expressway work has been going on, I don't like your chances of getting rapid rail from Hamilton any time soon. Just a basic commuter service would be a nice start to be honest.

Veteran novice

AIA reports another record month for international passengers.

No surprises there!

I hold.

AIA is truly one of the best long term hold-forever. I have been holding it since it was floated and top up as Mr Market decide to sell at a bargain. It is now my largest holding in my portfolio of shares

IMO

The first commercial flying car hits the market | Komando.com Wait till these get cheaper and better

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Joshuatree View Post
    Cooler than a Jetpack

Even though I just sold my entire position in AIA yesterday, I plan to be back. I live in Maine (USA). AIA is the first foreign stock I ever bought. It's difficult to get reliable info on AIA from here. It just seemed toppy to me. Their performance & prospects are great, but I'm concerned that they will disappoint in execution. I've seen companies struggle with too much success. I need to see how they respond before I buy back in. Your thoughts? LL Bean was my customer. I've seen this situation up close.

Reincarnated Panthera Snow Leopard's Avatar

Red face Some times we all lack information

Quote Originally Posted by Bluedog View Post
    ...I live in Maine (USA)...
    You have our most sincere sympathies .

We all get our information via the internet.

What is a LL Bean?

Best Wishes
    Paper Tiger

PS Welcome to ShareTrader.
    om mani peme hum