sharetrader
Page 121 of 174 FirstFirst ... 2171111117118119120121122123124125131171 ... LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,210 of 1740
    percy

Hire a motor-home from NZ listed company THL.Go where you want,when you want.

Super Investor

Quote Originally Posted by percy View Post
    Hire a motor-home from NZ listed company THL.Go where you want,when you want.
    Or sleep in the car. It's called an adventure.

You could always book your hotel in advance.
    h2

Super Investor

....or alternatively. There is a small island off the coast called Australia that copes with the NZ tourist overflow. Book your hotel there and do day trips to NZ flying AIR.
    h2

The Kid

....or Airbnb. Pretty popular around the Rotorua lakes.

Love your Australian put down. It must be nice to live in such great country. Great NZ humor. Just what I'd expect. Gd'day.

Advanced Member

Airbnb is growing rapidly everywhere, no shortage of accom avail on Airbnb. Everyone i know, independent travellers from all age groups are using it for travel now, rather than hotels or motels which more and more are catering to travellers on packages or business travel.

Heya - I love my AIA shares. I do. It's an emotional purchase rather than a investment one. AIA is the biggest entry into Auckland NZ, and largest airport in NZ. The biggest thing to recommend AIA is it's car parking situation and land around the airport.

This is rather old news but it seemed like a good thing to point out now that AIA is in the situation to develop if the price is right. The hillbillies that managed to make a windfall from grim determination, and being the example of extreme buy and hold finally got their pay off and now AIA can start to develop at long last. It was the rate rises that did it in the end.

http://www.stuff.co.nz/business/8955...-year-standoff

Finally, a post by a practical investor. I'm in Maine, US. I have loved AIA over the last few years. AIA was the 1st foreign security I bought when I started international investing. Being so far from my investment it's been very difficult to get solid & current information. Please check my last post. Until your post, I was going exit this forum. Although it was your 1st post, it encouraged me to hang in and buy in to AIA again. Question is when. I'm desperately looking for a NZ'der to exchange thoughts. Frankly, this forum has been mostly unhelpful. Give me more of your thinking & I'll be happy to offer any info my graying hair can provide. I only invest in NZ, Australia, Singapore, Canada, & Norway. All selected for political stability.
    Luckyduck@metrocast.net

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Bluedog View Post
    Finally, a post by a practical investor. I'm in Maine, US. I have loved AIA over the last few years. AIA was the 1st foreign security I bought when I started international investing. Being so far from my investment it's been very difficult to get solid & current information. Please check my last post. Until your post, I was going exit this forum. Although it was your 1st post, it encouraged me to hang in and buy in to AIA again. Question is when. I'm desperately looking for a NZ'der to exchange thoughts. Frankly, this forum has been mostly unhelpful. Give me more of your thinking & I'll be happy to offer any info my graying hair can provide. I only invest in NZ, Australia, Singapore, Canada, & Norway. All selected for political stability.
    Luckyduck@metrocast.net
    There are plenty of interesting posters on this forum. When you converse with the natives of a country you need to understand their culture too. Sarcasm plays a big part in NZ and Aussie (& UK and Irish) discourse. Similarly I imagine a Norwegian public forum would have a different culture and language.

Veteran novice

Quote Originally Posted by Bluedog View Post
    Luckyduck@metrocast.net
    I'm not sure what you're looking for, Bluedog. NZ is experiencing many of the problems of rapid - too rapid? - growth, both population-wise, for several reasons but primarily our comparatively good economy which draws ex-pat Kiwis back home and discourages our usual migration to Australia - and tourism-wise, again for several reasons. So for the meantime there's a lot of catching up to do in providing infrastructure, particularly transport congestion in places, and housing, before these problems get any bigger. Meanwhile, AIA is doing very well alhough it struggles at times to handle the volume of business. Like all successful airport businesses it's as much a property play as it is an airport. I've been invested there since the IPO and happy to continue to hold, despite its high valuation on most metrics.

Cheers.