sharetrader
Page 124 of 174 FirstFirst ... 2474114120121122123124125126127128134 ... LastLast
Results 1,231 to 1,240 of 1740

Looks to me from that chart that there is too much overhead at $6.60 and then $6.80. If you want to buy it, wait for a couple of bounces of $6.00 area.

Why dropped sharply today?

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Justin View Post
    Why dropped sharply today?
    B/c spending $1.8 b.Uncertainty could be more,cost overuns?
    http://www.nzherald.co.nz/business/n...ectid=11937023

Quote Originally Posted by kiora View Post
    B/c spending $1.8 b.Uncertainty could be more,cost overuns?
    http://www.nzherald.co.nz/business/n...ectid=11937023
    but this has been known for some time....

and in any case I cant see that it has dropped today at all.
    It closed at 6.23 yesterday , opened at 6.25 and has traded between 6:30 and 6:23 today, hardly a sharp drop if a drop at all.

I think its offering some reasonable (relative) value again
    For clarity, nothing I say is advice....

Quote Originally Posted by peat View Post
    but this has been known for some time....

and in any case I cant see that it has dropped today at all.
    It closed at 6.23 yesterday , opened at 6.25 and has traded between 6:30 and 6:23 today, hardly a sharp drop if a drop at all.

I think its offering some reasonable (relative) value again
    Maybe...but that's a lot to spend in 5 years and a couple of little chirps I heard from different birdie's in the last few weeks pricked the hounds ear's right up.
    Birdie 1 - Very reliable birdie this one and well known to the hound in a professional capacity - AIA are looking to build another runway about 100m northwest of the existing one or realign the existing one...whatever the case may be but the flightpath is definitely changing in about a decade....not sure if that's public knowledge of not as I don't follow AIA.
    Another birdie of unknown credibility, (hasn't chirped before) tells me a certain company with widespread aviation interests has been making some interesting land acquisitions around a certain west Auckland suburb that already has a runway.
    Then there's the fact that Auckland City Council are very close to maxing out their debt ratio's if they want to maintain a good credit rating so how are they going to pay for all the infrastructure...hmmm a certain large holding in AIA springs readily to mind.
    Disc: Don't own, (I think their PE is FAR too high for the modest growth, huge capex, regulatory and stock overhang risks) but then again I have probably been listening too much to budgie's and should trust the sense of smell of my own nose more.
    Last edited by Beagle; 27-10-2017 at 12:37 PM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Herbacious

The second runway is a well known factor at AIA, they've been plugging away on that piece of work for ages now.

Whenuapai as a second Auckland airport is a pipe dream and will never happen, particularly now they've built up Hobsonville and done the Waterview connection.

Fair enough on the second runway thing mate, as I said, its not a stock I follow but I doubt that other company would be throwing millions of dollars around just for the rent they can get from the Whenuapai houses.
    Last edited by Beagle; 27-10-2017 at 12:39 PM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Herbacious

More likely they're looking for the next land development to follow Hobsonville and possibly taking a punt that one day the Air Force will decide that Whenuapai is surplus and will get sold off. But in no uncertain terms the idea of a second Auckland airport at Whenuapai was well and truly shot down in flames the last time the debate was had, and the business case has only got worse since.

Agree mondo... Yes 2nd runway has been mentioned as a definite not that long ago after talking about it for years and my understanding was the a second airport was not on the runway (pun intended) anytime soon from what I have heard and read

Clarifying the budgie speak...the little budgie didn't say it was AIA rumored to be buying land around Whenuapai...I can't say any more because I can't vouch for the reliability of what is just a rumor. I will keep my snout very close to the ground out there and do some more sniffing around...
    Last edited by Beagle; 27-10-2017 at 01:31 PM.