sharetrader
Page 139 of 174 FirstFirst ... 3989129135136137138139140141142143149 ... LastLast
Results 1,381 to 1,390 of 1740
    Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by mcdongle View Post
    Airlines no longer have to use their slots to keep them....some have been flying empty planes to keep slots open this is obviously crazy
    I wonder if there any chance she throws the airport a bone, it is going to be deserted now for months

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by ratkin View Post
    I wonder if there any chance she throws the airport a bone, it is going to be deserted now for months

Going to be interesting for sure but domestic travel will increase. Already friends who were taking overseas holidays are talking about flying to NZ destinations instead. Lots of wonderful places to visit in the South Island for us North Islanders & vice versa.
    Last edited by Blue Skies; 14-03-2020 at 06:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ratkin View Post
    set it up as an isolation unit

like air share price will take a massive hit. dividends will be axed etc . but they will survive long term
    one step ahead of the herd

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by bull.... View Post
    like air share price will take a massive hit. dividends will be axed etc . but they will survive long term

Agreed, and on a positive note, when I think of 'long term' in investment context, I'm thinking 10 years plus.

But an effective medication possibly 4 to 6 months away & a vaccine 18 months which isn't that 'long' & may help support the SP.

AIA SP hasn’t dropped enough to let me get in. Waiting for under $4.

Advanced Member

Prof Michael Baker saying we can expect disruption for up to 2 years.

Most long term investors & conservative investment funds can live with that.

its still on a pe of 15. so with negative earnings to come and no dividends share price should fall a long way yet.
    one step ahead of the herd

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by bull.... View Post
    its still on a pe of 15. so with negative earnings to come and no dividends share price should fall a long way yet.

Thing is, & I'm not necessarily disagreeing with you, as someone in this position, if I pull money out of AIA & put it into the bank, I'm not going to get hardly any income from it anyway, so might as well leave it where it is.
    Don't want to have all eggs in 1 basket either (i.e. the banks)

I'd say this is going to get smashed Monday following Trump's latest and NZ travel bans/requirements. Then there will be a few more down days on the US markets and it will drop further. It's going to get a lot worse before it gets better for Auckland airport. I'd say airnz, serko and tourism holdings will also get knocked around.