sharetrader
Page 15 of 174 FirstFirst ... 51112131415161718192565115 ... LastLast

I cant believe what I am reading. Very Sad! I may buy some AIA shares just so that I can accept the Canadian offer. They should name all the brokers that are taking fees and advice their clients not to accept the offer.
    Last edited by Dr_Who; 20-12-2007 at 01:32 PM.
    Having got ourselves into a debt-induced economic crisis, the only permanent way out is to reduce the debt – either directly by abolishing large slabs of it, or indirectly by inflating it away.

There is nothing like a good old back hander.

Emm, since IFT is a shareholder in AIA, and I'm a shareholder in IFT, could I therefore expect to buy a parcel of shares in IFT free of brokerage. (if I swear not to sell them to any foreigner that is).

Whats the AIA shareholder toll free hotline number so that I can ask my question.

Disclosure: I was not involved in Energycorp
    Toddy

Advanced Member

I have accepted the offer and would hope everybody makes the effort to do the same. The current people running it are a joke , they should of gone with dubai and this could of all been avoided

Thumbs down

Please somebody tell me this is not true!

Fate maybe on the side of the Canadians.

disc: not a holder

If I buy the shares now, do they automatically send me the application form to accept the T/O offer?
    Having got ourselves into a debt-induced economic crisis, the only permanent way out is to reduce the debt – either directly by abolishing large slabs of it, or indirectly by inflating it away.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr_Who View Post
    If I buy the shares now, do they automatically send me the application form to accept the T/O offer?
    I think you had to be a shareholder on the record date of Dec 7th to be made the offer

Don't know if the 'rights' to the offer go with the shares if they are subsequently sold

Anybody else know

Veteran novice

Wink

There is a clause in the doc which says in effect that if you have sold your shares, please send all docs to the broker thru whom you made the sale requesting that they be forwarded to the new shareholder. But may pay to check with your own broker.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by Zaphod View Post
    http://www.stuff.co.nz/4330060a13.html

"In what is believed to be a New Zealand first, Auckland International Airport will pay a commission to brokers whose clients vote not to approve the Canada Pension Plan Investment Board's partial takeover offer."
    The Board must not be allowed to get away with this - taking $12million of OUR (shareholders) money and giving it to brokers who advise their clients to reject the takeover offer. I never thought I would live to see such blatantly offensive action by the Board of one of our major listed companies. It smells to high heaven. Its equivalent in its effect to a "poison pill" provision such as we sometimes read about in overseas company takeover situations - tactics such as Rupert Murdoch would apply.

Preposterous. Whose side is the Board really on? Doesn't seem to be on the shareholder's side. Playing cheap to protect their patch, while they make empty promises and harp on about patriotism. Shameful indeed...

I summarily binned my offer documents - given the Board recommended its decline and the likely response by the sheeple, the Canadian offer looked a dead duck. But will it rebound on these sorts of headlines?

What's worse.... I didn't even get any advice from my brokers! So if they have been offered the AIA "incentive", it has gone straight in their pockets. Nice.

Geez we have seen some cocked-up takeover sagas in this country in the past few years. e.g.

WAM - when is a takeover not a takeover? When it's a "merger"!
    CEN - We're Aussies. No, we're Kiwis! No, we're Aussies! No, we're a bit of both!
    WHS - are you a superdupermarket or just a market?
    SKC - WILL SOMEBODY PLEASE BUY US!!! A: No.
    Marriage isn't a word. It's a sentence