sharetrader
Page 157 of 174 FirstFirst ... 57107147153154155156157158159160161167 ... LastLast
Results 1,561 to 1,570 of 1740
    Veteran novice

Pre-issue holding 16,000 - many held from the IPO all those years ago.

Applied for $25,000 worth.

Received about 97%.

Not complaining.

Hi, a new guy here. I got the full $50k worth. Well, less the $5 but that's a tip for good behavior. I have been with them for ten years so maybe that was built into the algorithm. I have no idea why it did a big did today when we are on the verge of having a bit more travel.

Quote Originally Posted by Poolboy View Post
    Hi, a new guy here. I got the full $50k worth. Well, less the $5 but that's a tip for good behavior. I have been with them for ten years so maybe that was built into the algorithm. I have no idea why it did a big did today when we are on the verge of having a bit more travel.
    Hi Poolboy, welcome to the forum!

I think you might find that many stocks (including AIA) increased over the last 8 weeks in price without the underlying value increasing. Many of these companies (including AIA) are bleeding cash every day - and even if traffic goes a bit up they will keep writing huge losses - and this at least for months (possibly years) to come. Huge fixed costs and only fractions of the income they had before the crisis.

Empty parking lots, empty duty free shops, no customers in the airport restaurants - and less than 10% of the previous air traffic without the option to reduce safety or security costs. Ouch.

I suppose at some stage no share can live anymore only from hope and hype ... and some shareholders are probably using the opportunity to take profits as long as the SP is high and the hype still up.

In my view - what we will see over the coming weeks is just markets coming to grips with reality.
    Last edited by BlackPeter; 10-05-2020 at 10:35 AM.
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

Not sure if I have this wrong or not but presumably some of the dip would be due to dilution with the new shares out there now (or does the less ugly leverage negate that?), plus recipients banking the margin, no?

Thanks for the welcome Peter.

Good thinking Guys. things become obvious when someone else tells you what you already know LOL

Yes, we certainly have bad times ahead of us.

Advanced Member

When is the money coming back from share purchase? Not showing up in my account yet

Quote Originally Posted by ratkin View Post
    When is the money coming back from share purchase? Not showing up in my account yet
    mine came back ages ago. like the next day

Quote Originally Posted by ratkin View Post
    The refunds were due on 8th of May. If you haven't received yours, you should call LINK.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by limmy View Post
    The refunds were due on 8th of May. If you haven't received yours, you should call LINK.

Ah thx, have found it, went to one of my lesser used banks

IMO

Applied for the full $50,000 worth got 37% of that. thats fine for our portfolio.Now how long will the s/p hold up for.Vol dropping off atp and s/p crabbing.