sharetrader
Page 171 of 175 FirstFirst ... 71121161167168169170171172173174175 LastLast
Results 1,701 to 1,710 of 1741

Quote Originally Posted by Jaa View Post
    A sustainable airport built to meet climate change goals is ridiculous double speak isn't it?

Cost blowout: Airport terminal project cost doubles
    Not necessarily. They well might prepare for electric and (green) hydrogen powered planes ...
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

The announcement notes that regional turboprop flights are to remain at the existing domestic terminal for the time being, with further discussions with airlines to occur. So this means if I’m transferring from a Q300 flight from Kerikeri to a A320 flight to Wellington I’m going to be faced with a 10 minute walk between terminals? Have I got this right- haven’t seen any media commentary on this aspect?
    Last edited by Southern Lad; 18-03-2023 at 09:52 AM.

Yes but everyone else will take the bus.

Legend

Wasn't the CEO of AIA on the board of Port Of Napier before departing for a loftier role ?

Legend

What happened all the planning for upgrading of their facilities over the 50+ years ?

Is this another great mystery no do, too much sleep, not enough awake while things
    were stuck in the muck as an obscure satellite of some regional authority and/or central
    Government where attention & spending some dough was completely out of the question ?

I thought $2.2billion(NZD) for a new domestic terminal was expensive.

So I asked google. Roughly on par with San Diego when taking into the number of gates, todays dollars and currency conversion. However for context, it is one of ten most expensive airport projects that entered the execution phase in 2021. Note no project is the same.

"San Diego Airport Upgrade, US: $2.6bn
    The San Diego International Airport is planning a major airport upgrade. A new terminal with 19 gates will be constructed and the old terminal will then be demolished at the airport in California, US."

https://www.airport-technology.com/f...jects-in-2021/

Quote Originally Posted by BlackPeter View Post
    Not necessarily. They well might prepare for electric and (green) hydrogen powered planes ...
    We've been waiting since the 1980s. They will not require a huge white elephant airport, if they are even technically feasible.
    https://www.carbonnews.co.nz/story.asp?storyID=27206

The stock is a sell now.

Quote Originally Posted by fastbike View Post
    We've been waiting since the 1980s. They will not require a huge white elephant airport, if they are even technically feasible.
    https://www.carbonnews.co.nz/story.asp?storyID=27206

The stock is a sell now.
    I agree as well if only for profit taking. SP has had a steady climb recently and now close to pre covid. The negative impacts of Auckland Council selling 10% if not all their 16% holding to reduce the $295m budget hole plus extra CRL and Gabrielle costs plus the recent blow out cost projection for the terminal plus rising interest costs must surely have an impact soon?
    Last edited by Paint it Black; 30-03-2023 at 11:55 AM.

I had a thought the other day. Apparently Hamilton along with Tauranga shows one one of the highest population growth for the next couple of decades. What if Hamilton decided to setup a proper international airport. They would cater to Waikato, Tauranga and the middle of the north island. With AIAs $2bill upgrade, if that was to eventuate wouldn't they be left in a pickle.

Quote Originally Posted by Fortunecookie View Post
    Speculation about Hamilton Airport emerging as a competitor to AIA.
    Not a bad idea. A single isle jet optimized airport for ditch crossing and feeding onward flights would have appeal to those residing in the area.

What would make it even more appealing would be a commutator rail service from the Isthmus making it a viable alternative to AIA. The overlords of HLZ should land bank some land beside the rail track at Matangi for a transfer station.

Boop boop de do
    Marilyn
    Diamonds are a girls best friend.