sharetrader
Page 44 of 174 FirstFirst ... 344041424344454647485494144 ... LastLast

Default no shares to trade ....

Am I right in thinking that if 65% of the shares have been offered to the Canadians ... and Auckland and Manukau CC's own 25% and won't be trading theirs then only 10% or so of the capital is available to buy and sell until the government / OIC makes its decision and that could take 30 days. Could lead to some very volitile trading in AIA for the next few weeks little volume.

What will the shares do today ? ... huge run-up late yesterday ....

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by Indy kiwi View Post
    If people agreed to the deal and agreed to sell, are they committed to this? In other words, even though I agreed to both, can I sell on market at 3.00 or 3.20 or whatever?
    No. The Government has until 11 April to decide. Your shares are in limbo until that decision is made. For the sake of all parties lets hope they don't take too long, but I fear that we won't see a quick decision. Let the political football match continue!
    Last edited by COLIN; 14-03-2008 at 09:46 AM.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by COLIN View Post
    No. The Government has until 11 April to decide. Your shares are in limbo until then.
    I think excess shares will be release from the offer next week sometime next week so you will have a portion you can sell, but not until they tell you how many are locked into the sale pending OIO/Govt approval.

Could be very volatile. Still dont see why people would be buying now?
    Free delivery worldwide with Book Depository http://www.bookdepository.co.uk

Advanced Member

And its going to have a depressing effect on the market when all those shares are released from escrow - to be repeated if the "Two Wise Ministers" don't give their consent.

Wise all right.

So as a shareholder that elected to sell, if the government does the right thing and doesnt stop the deal, how long is it then before us shareholders get our money.

Secondly, if the Government votes NO, is their an appeal? or is the whole thing over? do I have to wait until Im allowed to sell my shares again.

Advanced Member

Why would anyone sell today ? Me no comprende

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by ratkin View Post
    Why would anyone sell today ? Me no comprende
    Because you now own shares in a company that no one wants to take over because there is a big blockign stake.

however, if you didn't sell into the offer, you wouldn't sell today would you?

My guess a few days ago was for this to drop down to $2 today but I got that competely wrong.
    Free delivery worldwide with Book Depository http://www.bookdepository.co.uk

Advanced Member

they would of fallen more if offer was not accepted. So i see no reason why anyone would sell today. Traders would of left before now.
    Those accepted the offer will be in limbo , those who didnt want the takeover will be long term holders and they wouldnt sell today

Isn't it terrific how well we do corporate takeovers in NZ.

Nice clean deals, well understood by holders, neatly and tidily arranged for wins all round.

Marriage isn't a word. It's a sentence