sharetrader
Page 45 of 174 FirstFirst ... 354142434445464748495595145 ... LastLast
    Advanced Member

Recieved my acceptance forms today for shares i bought on march 4 very slack.

Had already sent one in january for shares i already hold , ticked sell all. Will these new ones be included? i suspect not

I bought some on the 5th and Direct Broking phoned me on Monday as it was going to be tight for getting the paperwork before the deadline and emailed me the acceptance form to fill in and fax. Great service I thought. My papers turned up yesterday (I got home at 6pm), so Direct Broking get my vote for being onto it.

Advanced Member

That is good , i bought mine 4th march with ASB they turned up today.
    Not too bothered as i have others that will sell if the offer succeeds.

Im in two minds about the whole thing. Long term there not much better on the NZX.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by ratkin View Post
    Im in two minds about the whole thing. Long term there not much better on the NZX.
    I assume you there aren't any better stocks on the NZX.

Short term I see them going down as people sell the shares they didn't manage to sell into the offer.
    Free delivery worldwide with Book Depository http://www.bookdepository.co.uk

Guru

Big turnover at open (over 1m shares) and price down slightly.

Interesting times due to uncertainty of government approval plus opposing positions of hedge funds disposing of the unsold shares (since thre will be an allocation), and index funds (would they have sold into the offer) and "active funds" needing to rebalance their portfolio after sellling into the offer.
    Free delivery worldwide with Book Depository http://www.bookdepository.co.uk

There was 1m crossed pre open...it is not on open turnover. Stock is extremely illiquid at the moment as people still need confirmation of the exact size of their stub.

Advanced Member

I have grave doubts that this is going to survive the politics. Clark and Cullen are already seeing fruit from their moves to stymie it, as witness last night's TV poll results. It is a populist issue, and these wily politicians can read the public mind. The two "approving/disapproving" ministers will know which side their bread is buttered on.

Veteran novice

I agree with that, Colin. Too many votes to be had by vetoing the takeover for it to be approved.
    While I vehemently object to this govt digging its hands even deeper into my hip-pocket, in a perverse sort of way I won't be too upset if left with all my AIA. Still the best stock on the NZSX, IMO.

Guru

Standard & Poor's has placed Auckland Airport's A/A-1 credit rating on credit watch with negative implications after the majority of the airport's shareholders approved Canada Pension Plan Investment Board's 40% bid for the airport.

The action reflects uncertainty regarding the final outcome of the CPPIB offer, which is now subject to approval by the government by April 11, said Standard & Poor's. It will still seek clarification regarding AIAL's medium- term financial risk targets, even if CPPIB's offer fails.

From The Independent

Quote Originally Posted by 777 View Post
    Standard & Poor's has placed Auckland Airport's A/A-1 credit rating on credit watch with negative implications after the majority of the airport's shareholders approved Canada Pension Plan Investment Board's 40% bid for the airport.

The action reflects uncertainty regarding the final outcome of the CPPIB offer, which is now subject to approval by the government by April 11, said Standard & Poor's. It will still seek clarification regarding AIAL's medium- term financial risk targets, even if CPPIB's offer fails.

From The Independent
    This is standard.
    Toddy